brettz0r

Gamer / Event Host

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Gold VIP

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2268 posts
  • PSN:BrettzOr

Posted 28 October 2015 - 09:20 AM

https://www.gtplanet...ing-early-2016/

The next chapter of the Gran Turismo series was officially revealed during Sony’s presentation at Paris Games Week today! As early reports indicated, the new PlayStation 4 game will be called “Gran Turismo Sport”, and the previously announced FIA Online Championship will take center stage in the new title.

As announced on stage by Kazunori Yamauchi, two versions of the FIA’s official competition will be “running simultaneously throughout the year”. First is the “Nation’s Cup”, where a player will represent his or her country. The second is the “Manufacturer Fan Cup”, where players will drive to represent their favorite car manufacturer.

The finalists in each competition will be brought together for an annual “FIA World Final”, and the winners will be awarded “alongside FIA sanctioned race winners in Paris during the Christmas season”, including the Formula 1 World Championship.

Kazunori made it clear he has big ambitions with the FIA, as Polyphony Digital is working closely with the FIA to “drive the future of motorsports for the next 100 years”.

Gran Turismo Sport will be launched as a public beta in “early 2016”, which will presumably be distributed via PSN like other high-profile open betas, such as the recent Star Wars: Battlefront demo.

In one last part of the announcement, Kazunori Yamauchi confirmed that Polyphony Digital is working to introduce PlayStation VR support for Gran Turismo Sport. Kazunori remarked that in their testing, he has found the experience to be “very natural”.

#2 argsy

argsy

aka Mr Grumpy

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 1986 posts
  • Steam ID:argsy_nz
  • PSN:argsy

Posted 28 October 2015 - 09:23 AM

Saw that earlier, will be interesting to see how it goes, and whether it has more of a sports/racing focus than the traditional millions of Skylines that GT has had in recent editions. The VR sounds promising as well. 

#3 Laser0pz

Laser0pz

Punintentional.

• Gaming Night Host
  • 1883 posts
  • Steam ID:Lazer0pz
  • PSN:Lazer0pz
  • Xbox Live:Laser0pz

Posted 28 October 2015 - 09:23 AM

Half of me is going "this'll turn out like GT5 and GT6."

Another half of me is incredibly hyped.

#4 brettz0r

brettz0r

Gamer / Event Host

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2268 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 09:27 AM

I am unsure on this too. 

Graphically it looked like GT6- HD and I am unsure if it can really compete with what Project Cars is now :/

#5 MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan
  • Steam ID:Monkeyman_707
  • PSN:Monkeyman_707
  • Xbox Live:MonkeyManRacing

Posted 28 October 2015 - 10:10 AM

Yeah its not gonna compete with project cars, but those online championships are gonna be huge

Im with laser, half of me is over gts repetative crap and the other half is like a kid who's been told they get to go to disney land next year

#6 emetic

emetic

felis fortuna adiuvat

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 5200 posts
  • Steam ID:highwaygothic

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:23 PM

I really liked GT5 and 6, they were great fun. Pcars is a different kind of game to me, but it'll be very interesting to see how this turns out.

#7 sheng_long

sheng_long

Super villain in training

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Bronze VIP

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • PSN:Rautz_213
  • Xbox Live:Rautz213

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:13 PM

Absolutely stoked and the Morpheus compatability is just the icing on the cake for me.

#8 brettz0r

brettz0r

Gamer / Event Host

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2268 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 11:46 PM

Absolutely stoked and the Morpheus compatability is just the icing on the cake for me.

I'm really looking forward to VR in racing simulators. I don't see it being a huge benefit in games like Tekken 7 though. Helmet cam, with surround sound headset in project cars / GT is going to be just awesome

#9 MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan
  • Steam ID:Monkeyman_707
  • PSN:Monkeyman_707
  • Xbox Live:MonkeyManRacing

Posted 31 October 2015 - 01:53 PM

Will be totally awesome to have vr in racing games if they do it right, i get the feeling the first one isnt going to do it right though

#10 brettz0r

brettz0r

Gamer / Event Host

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2268 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 04:13 PM

Will be totally awesome to have vr in racing games if they do it right, i get the feeling the first one isnt going to do it right though

I've seen some footage of a guy on YouTube using the oculus rift on project cars and you can tell he was genuinely impressed/excited/amazed etc.
I'm getting the Playstation VR day one though. Will be preordering that once more has been released

#11 emetic

emetic

felis fortuna adiuvat

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 5200 posts
  • Steam ID:highwaygothic

Posted 31 October 2015 - 06:11 PM

Playing GT5 in 3D was pretty nifty, but losing half the resolution to make it happen was annoying and made it more gimmicky.

I would hope that using VR on PS4 wouldn't necessitate a loss of graphical fidelity like that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users