Photo

NFL

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#21 NZBuc

NZBuc
  • Xbox Live:NZ Buc

Posted 10 January 2016 - 07:44 PM

Today's first game was a bit of a snooze, but the bengals/steelers more than made up for it

Fantastic catch by Bryant, and playing with the fire that is Vontaze Burfict burnt the bengals in the end (I didn't see how hard pacman pushed the official trying to get closer to Joey Porter - assume offsetting flags could have been called on those two)

#22 stupidlikeafox

stupidlikeafox

No sleep 'til bed time

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• 12418 posts
  • PSN:foxymcstupid

Posted 11 January 2016 - 08:37 AM

I kinda wrote the Bengals off as soon as Dalton got injured. Watching the game I've been waiting for, Seahawks v Vikings!

#23 BigC

BigC
  • PSN:NZBigC

Posted 11 January 2016 - 09:08 AM

I'm glad the Cardinals are in the playoffs. I have liked them ever since I was drafted to their team in NFL 2K5 (which I believe is the best nfl game of all time!). Sadly the Falcons and Cowboys, my two other teams, didn't even make the playoffs.

Also, are these games free on freeview? When I was at my parents place over Christmas, they played a lot of games live on a pop up channel which was pretty cool.

#24 NZBuc

NZBuc
  • Xbox Live:NZ Buc

Posted 11 January 2016 - 11:18 AM

I'm glad the Cardinals are in the playoffs. I have liked them ever since I was drafted to their team in NFL 2K5 (which I believe is the best nfl game of all time!). Sadly the Falcons and Cowboys, my two other teams, didn't even make the playoffs.

Also, are these games free on freeview? When I was at my parents place over Christmas, they played a lot of games live on a pop up channel which was pretty cool.

yup channel 13 (UHF at least - I don't believe via satellite freeview, and I saw on twitter the superbowl is free on TV One - so hopefully HD!)

heartbreaking loss for the Vikes today

#25 Rapidity

Rapidity
  • NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• [NZGR] - Clan Killzone 2
  • 2320 posts
  • PSN:Cruise_Elroy
  • Xbox Live:Cruise Elroy

Posted 11 January 2016 - 05:56 PM

Yeah watched the Vikes game, absolutely gutted for them, to come that close and lose, wow. Watched the press conference afterwards too and the head coach Mike Zimmer was almost crying, really feel for the guy.

Aslong as the Steelers and the Pats don't win the Superbowl I'll be happy. With my teams long gone though, I guess of the remaining teams I wouldn't mind seeing the Cardinals win the SB.

Edited by Rapidity, 11 January 2016 - 06:21 PM.

#26 womz

womz
  • Steam ID:womzz
  • Xbox Live:Womz

Posted 13 January 2016 - 03:57 PM

started getting into the NFL when Sommet was showing it live but that was short lived

great to see TVNZ showing some live games and replays every week, have really got into it this season

a bit unsure what teams to follow as am still quite newbie to the sport, but did latch onto a few teams over the season - Packers, Patriots, Broncos, and Cardinals

#27 oconnomiyaki

oconnomiyaki

Iconoclast

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 3759 posts
  • PSN:Donutta
  • Xbox Live:oconnomiyaki

Posted 14 January 2016 - 07:20 AM

Yeah watched the Vikes game, absolutely gutted for them, to come that close and lose, wow. Watched the press conference afterwards too and the head coach Mike Zimmer was almost crying, really feel for the guy.

Aslong as the Steelers and the Pats don't win the Superbowl I'll be happy. With my teams long gone though, I guess of the remaining teams I wouldn't mind seeing the Cardinals win the SB.

I'm a Seahawks fan, and I still felt awful for the Vikings. That's not really how you want to go out at all.

If the Hawks bail out before the Super Bowl, I'm pretty much pulling for a Chiefs/Cardinals game. Or maybe Chiefs/Panthers. As long as the Packers, Patriots, Bronocos and the Steelers get nowhere near the Super Bowl, I'll be happy. Because f*** those teams.

started getting into the NFL when Sommet was showing it live but that was short lived

great to see TVNZ showing some live games and replays every week, have really got into it this season

a bit unsure what teams to follow as am still quite newbie to the sport, but did latch onto a few teams over the season - Packers, Patriots, Broncos, and Cardinals

Go with the Cardinals. Never go with the Packers. God, pick the Patriots before the Packers.

If you're unsure who to support, though, a good way to look at it is to think about where you would like to live in America. Each state has a unique culture -- living in Oklahoma is very different to living in Maine or California -- so think about where you could fit in easily. Then look at what football team is generally servicing that area and go with them. That's how I ended up with Seattle. :)

#28 stupidlikeafox

stupidlikeafox

No sleep 'til bed time

• 12418 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 07:52 AM

Problem with the Packers is sometimes they're unstoppable, but the rest of the time they're meh. <3 Lacy and their D though.

#29 Rapidity

Rapidity

• 2320 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:01 PM

Go with the Cardinals. Never go with the Packers. God, pick the Patriots before the Packers.

If you're unsure who to support, though, a good way to look at it is to think about where you would like to live in America. Each state has a unique culture -- living in Oklahoma is very different to living in Maine or California -- so think about where you could fit in easily. Then look at what football team is generally servicing that area and go with them. That's how I ended up with Seattle. :)

I thought I was the only one that picked my team this way, although uniform design played a part in my decision too. There's just no way I could ever be a Bengals supporter; even if Cincinnati was the most livable city in the world it just couldn't happen for me.

After going to a Giants game a few years back I've tried to make them/think of them as my #1 team but I've come to the conclusion there's just no going back on your first pick.

Edited by Rapidity, 14 January 2016 - 03:11 PM.

#30 stupidlikeafox

stupidlikeafox

No sleep 'til bed time

• 12418 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 04:08 PM

I thought I was the only one that picked my team this way, although uniform design played a part in my decision too. There's just no way I could ever be a Bengals supporter; even if Cincinnati was the most livable city in the world it just couldn't happen for me.

After going to a Giants game a few years back I've tried to make them/think of them as my #1 team but I've come to the conclusion there's just no going back on your first pick.

I love the Bengals' uniforms! Too bad Dalton got hurt, they were looking like a real threat!

#31 Jenesyde

Jenesyde
  • Xbox Live:Jenesyde

Posted 14 January 2016 - 04:30 PM

Not Dalton's fault they lost though, was it...

#32 oconnomiyaki

oconnomiyaki

Iconoclast

• Members
  • 3759 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 07:37 PM

Not Dalton's fault they lost though, was it...

That game was so f***ing dirty. Everyone who was part of it should be ashamed. It's why I don't want the Steelers near the Super Bowl.

Apparently, fans were even urinating on each other.

#33 Jenesyde

Jenesyde
  • Xbox Live:Jenesyde

Posted 14 January 2016 - 07:42 PM

I don't want the Steelers near the Super Bowl.

As a Cowboys fan, I don't even want them in the league.

#34 Mafivee

Mafivee

Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:07 PM

Been a 49ers fan since '95. I was 6 at the time and loved collecting caps. One day I was at the local united video playing the arcades, buying packs of basketball cards from the vending machine when I looked up above the counter and saw the 49ers starter cap hanging there. I knew I had to have it as I liked the look of it, so I shot off home and raided my savings then went back to buy it.

Ever since then they have been my NFL team. At the time I probably wasn't even aware of who they were or where they were from only that they were a sports team, but they became my team nonetheless.

Hopefully next season they can get it together.

Edited by Mafivee, 14 January 2016 - 10:56 PM.

#35 Rapidity

Rapidity

• 2320 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 01:42 AM

If the Hawks bail out before the Super Bowl, I'm pretty much pulling for a Chiefs/Cardinals game. Or maybe Chiefs/Panthers. As long as the Packers, Patriots, Bronocos and the Steelers get nowhere near the Super Bowl, I'll be happy. Because f*** those teams.

What's wrong with the Bronco's?!

Also I'd love to see a Cardinals/Bronco's Super Bowl. So many stories, the best offense vs the best defense, two aging QB's that were both drafted #1, one QB that has had his best season ever and one that has had possibly his worst. Plus the opportunity for one of the greatest QB's of this era to finally earn a second ring.

Edited by Rapidity, 17 January 2016 - 01:43 AM.

#36 BigC

BigC

Posted 17 January 2016 - 04:30 PM

Unbelievable... 

#37 BigC

BigC

Posted 17 January 2016 - 04:41 PM

:D What a finish to the game. Couldn't believe The Packers last drive but I'm very happy the result ended up going The Cardinals way.

#38 stupidlikeafox

stupidlikeafox

No sleep 'til bed time

• 12418 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 04:43 PM

What a game. Palmer must be pretty happy to get a post season win. Looking forward to Panthers/Seahawks though...

#39 oconnomiyaki

oconnomiyaki

Iconoclast

• Members
  • 3759 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 04:46 PM

Even if the Hawks lose tomorrow, I'll be happy because Aaron Rodgers and his stupid smug face aren't going to the Super Bowl.

With the Chiefs out, I'll probably be hoping for the Broncos to go from AFC because they're just boring rather than annoying. And if the Panthers do beat the Hawks, I guess I'd like to see them go all the way. Might not even mind a Panthers/Patriots game is Cam the Destroyer takes out Brady and his stupid smug face.

#40 Rapidity

Rapidity

• 2320 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 04:57 PM

Incredible game, Cardinals definitely deserved the win so pretty happy for them, more happy that the Packers are out of the Playoffs though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users