Welcome to the inaugural Rocket League 2v2 Tournament!
Rocket League is the newest universally acclaimed PS4 and PC game that's hit the internet (i.e. reddit) by storm. With a metacritic User Rating higher than that of The Witcher 3 and Bloodborne, it's not difficult to see that it's the game to play right now. If you missed out on some of the prizes from our highly successful Community Night, don't give up!
Registration // Closes 30 August:
You can register for the tournament in one of two ways: Team or Individual. Send a private message on NZGamer to Laser0pz. As a team, send these details:
Your Sony Entertainment Network ID (aka PSN ID) OR your Steam ID. Your teammate's SEN ID or Steam ID. Your teammate's NZGamer username. (Optional) Your Challonge.com usernames. If you choose to sign up as an individual, we will randomly team you up with another individual member once registration closes. In your PM to Laser0pz, please include your: Sony Entertainment Network ID OR your Steam ID. (Optional) Your Challonge.com username. Group Stage // Starts 31 August:
Once registration closes, the groups will be posted here using a Challonge tournament bracket. The first stage of the tournament consists of teams playing Best of 3 matches against the other teams in their bracket i.e. you will play three 5-minute games against each team. The top two teams from each group will advance to the elimination round.
Elimination Stage // Starts 7 September:
Once each group has advanced its two teams, the remaining teams will compete against each other in a Best of 3 single-elimination bracket. The losers of each semi-final will also compete against each other for 3rd place.
How it Works - Playing Games and Recording Scores:
- Plan a time during the week to play the matches against each team in your group. It's up to you to decide. Smash 'em all out during a night, or play during the week.
- If you are competing cross-platform (i.e. Steam vs. PlayStation), communicate between teams and create a Private Lobby with a name and password.
- Record the scores of each game and either record them yourself on Challonge (if you have a Challonge account) or sending a PM to Laser0pz. To ensure no disputes each team must submit scores.
- Private Match Rules
- Arena: Any
- Team Size: 2v2
- Bot Difficulty: NO BOTS
- Region: Oceania
- Joinable By: ANY
- Downloadable Content is allowed.
- Score disputes will be settled with screenshots and recorded gameplay.
- EACH team member MUST be a member of NZGamer.
The winners of the tournament will each win a $50 Mighty Ape voucher. Participation and runners-up prizes are TBA.
Edited by Laser0pz, 09 September 2015 - 12:24 AM.