9 replies to this topic

#1 GAMER_MATTY

GAMER_MATTY

GAMER_MATTY

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • PSN:GAMER_MATTY

Posted 18 August 2015 - 12:28 PM

Looking at getting a PC Gaming headset can anyone recommend a really good headset looking at the $150-$180 price range would like a 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound headset.

Thanks

#2 Super-Pangolin

Super-Pangolin
  • Steam ID:superpangolin
  • PSN:Super-Pangolin
  • Xbox Live:Super Pangolin

Posted 20 August 2015 - 11:48 PM

Well I have a Corsair Vengeance 1400, I love it. Comfy for my massive head, decent sound quality, and one of the few headsets I could find that had fabric as opposed to leather cups (no sweaty leather for my ears).

A fair ways under your budget and not surround sound, but Corsair did have pricier upgraded versions floating around that do provide surround. And since they're generally one of the better brands to go for I'd recommend hunting one of those down.

Edited by Super-Pangolin, 20 August 2015 - 11:49 PM.

#3 Randall_Flagg

Randall_Flagg
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 08:30 PM

Considering that I seem to eat headsets, I usually stick with the cheaper stuff. (I used to have an expensive Plantronics and that didn't last any longer than the cheap stuff - surprisingly my Microsoft VX-3000 headset just wouldn't die which was a shame because it was really rubbish.)

Anyway I'm using a Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 now and I like it - I think it's very good value for money ($80 at MightyApe - something stupid like $129 at JB HiFi). Sound quality is good enough for gaming (for me), i like the pre-amplified bass .... trance and hardsound sound awesome. High tones are so-o and mid-tones, well I'm sure they are somewhere. 

I guess if you want something really good, you will be better off with Sennheiser but be prepared to dive deep into your wallet.

#4 Super-Pangolin

Super-Pangolin
  • Steam ID:superpangolin
  • PSN:Super-Pangolin
  • Xbox Live:Super Pangolin

Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:42 PM

I've had horrible luck with TB headsets. I went through 3 of them on PS3, and none lasted longer than half a year.

Forgot to mention - I used to use a SteelSeries Siberia V2. I had it for 2 years and it was also fantastic for quality. I only stopped using it because personally I was getting sick of leather cups. I'm sure they have options that fit your requirements - if you're fine with leather I wouldn't hesitate to recommend SteelSeries.

#5 Syn-Ryn

Syn-Ryn

Scrublord

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• 8297 posts
  • Steam ID:steamcommunity.com/id/MADSUPERVILLAIN
  • Xbox Live:Blale

Posted 24 August 2015 - 10:51 PM

Surround sound is pointless if you're planning using it for multiplayer FPS and the like.

#6 AdamC

AdamC
  • Steam ID:LygerReach
  • PSN:JadamCrt

Posted 25 August 2015 - 10:22 AM

Surround sound is pointless if you're planning using it for multiplayer FPS and the like.

How come?

#7 Syn-Ryn

Syn-Ryn

Scrublord

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• 8297 posts
  • Steam ID:steamcommunity.com/id/MADSUPERVILLAIN
  • Xbox Live:Blale

Posted 25 August 2015 - 02:43 PM

How come?

You're going to get better positional audio and audio quality with a decent pair of open back headphones. Actual surround sound in headsets is a complete gimmick that performs worse than virtual surround with 2.0 headphones, you're far better off with one decent driver in each ear than multiple crappy ones.

#8 AdamC

AdamC
  • Steam ID:LygerReach
  • PSN:JadamCrt

Posted 25 August 2015 - 06:41 PM

Oh I didn't even realise you could get headphones with multiple speakers in them. Thought it was all done through a mix amp on them all. Then put through to the headset
Although I was under the impression a programme on The pc could make any decent headset surround

Edited by AdamC, 25 August 2015 - 06:42 PM.

#9 BattleSnayke

BattleSnayke

Posted 25 August 2015 - 09:31 PM

I use Logitech G230s, they're cheap and work well! I also have Tritton AX Pros and there's not a huge difference, besides $350 price difference

#10 MeanBrahNZ

MeanBrahNZ

Trooper

• NZGamer.com VIP Bronze VIP

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • Steam ID:Meanbrah
  • PSN:Meanbrah

Posted 23 October 2015 - 11:43 AM

Im actually in need of one myself... recently bought one for PS4 but Im torn between whether to buy a PC one or not as more often then not Im riding solo on Diablo 3, DayZ, Nether and Arma 3. lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users