Ex Forza Whore

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4196 posts
  • Steam ID:mvon007
  • PSN:mvon007
  • Xbox Live:mvon007

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:44 AM

LOL gotta wonder if they were just holding onto this gem to keep things exciting 18 months later lol. And in the meantime they got plenty of sales of the older consoles, and now maybe they'll get more converts.

#22 Mafivee

Mafivee

Posted 17 June 2015 - 01:46 PM

Hmmm... Would make for good strategy. Like a good endurance race, pit timing can be the key.

#23 mvon007

mvon007

Ex Forza Whore

• Members
  • 4196 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 02:03 PM

Now do we have THOSE in F6?

#24 Goonertron

Goonertron
  • PSN:KiwiGooner13
  • Xbox Live:GoonerTR0N

Posted 17 June 2015 - 03:29 PM

If you have the Preview Program just go to My Games and to the right under Ready To Install it shows all the digital 360 games that you own that are supported so far.

#25 NZBuc

NZBuc
  • Xbox Live:NZ Buc

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:25 PM

LOL gotta wonder if they were just holding onto this gem to keep things exciting 18 months later lol. And in the meantime they got plenty of sales of the older consoles, and now maybe they'll get more converts.

I doubt it - given the amount they offer in trade-ins atm ($175US at Bestbuy I think = 50% off!)

#26 Mafivee

Mafivee

Posted 17 June 2015 - 07:04 PM

Now do we have THOSE in F6?

Now I hope so. As a fan of endurance racing, I hope they have some varied lengths of endurance races that actually require a pit stop or two. In previous Forza's the endurances races lasted around 50-60 minutes and didn't really require a pit unless you didn't mind racing the last few laps on orange tyres, and the fuel wasn't an issue as you were still left with around 1/2-1/4 of a tank left.

#27 Goonertron

Goonertron

Posted 17 June 2015 - 07:15 PM

It just opens up the store to way more games over time. Plus gives you 4 games a month as opposed to 2 with GwG.

They would of launched with it if they had it, a lot of people went from 360 to PS4 this gen. If they knew they could keep their current library on XB1 I feel like that would of kept a lot more people on Xbox. 

Edited by Goonertron, 17 June 2015 - 07:17 PM.

#28 Meanvision

Meanvision
  • Steam ID:Meanvision
  • PSN:Meanvision
  • Xbox Live:Meanviz

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:40 PM

Battle block theatre and keiflings are my partners favourite games on the 360. I'd better download them again on the one, I've been holding off using the preview program till now, I might have to use it, I think I still have a message somewhere to accept it

Edited by Meanvision, 17 June 2015 - 09:42 PM.

#29 mvon007

mvon007

Ex Forza Whore

• Members
  • 4196 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:38 PM

@Mafivee: Yeah in the Q&A they were talking about endurance stuff even in the career, or "stories in motor racing" as it is now called. Stint racing on Le Mans they talked about - 2.5 hours. Just as long as we can have losing fuel separate from simulated damage, because you can't have one or the other in 5, and there's no way I'm keeping in good shape that long lol.

@Gooner: Great counterpoint!

#30 Mafivee

Mafivee

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:08 PM

Just saw a we list of the 360 titles that I have that are available. Nothing that I would bother with yet. Will be good for HDD space too as my 360 is at its limit and constantly have to delete something to make room for the next game, now I could install them onto my One and delete them off the 360. Unless all future GwG will be coming straight to the One?

#31 toner

toner

Toner83

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 438 posts
  • Steam ID:toner83
  • Xbox Live:Toner83

Posted 18 June 2015 - 09:45 PM

It just opens up the store to way more games over time. Plus gives you 4 games a month as opposed to 2 with GwG.

They would of launched with it if they had it, a lot of people went from 360 to PS4 this gen. If they knew they could keep their current library on XB1 I feel like that would of kept a lot more people on Xbox. 

I didn't even think about Games with Gold! Away with Pool Nation FX I say!

#32 hairyfil

hairyfil

Posted 18 June 2015 - 10:03 PM

Fired up Mass Effect tonight. Works well, a few graphic glitches here and there but nothing major.

Downloaded a few of my digital 360 games but haven't tried them yet.

cheers

Phil

#33 xmorph

xmorph

Praise the Derp

• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • Steam ID:Xen0m0rph3
  • PSN:GingerLeopard
  • Wii:Xen0m0rph3
  • Xbox Live:Xen0m0rph3

Posted 18 June 2015 - 10:49 PM

Had a look at a list of Xbox Exclusive games as I already own a tonne of previous gen games on PS3. Already got Halo: MCC and will probably hold out for Gears of War Ultimate edition.

Personally, I'm hoping Ace Combat 6 will be supported cause I loved AC: Assault Horizon and general air combat games :). Maybe The Witcher 2 (Haven't got 3 yet but I'll get there) and the Fable games.

If anyone can recommend me some other 360 games that didn't make it to PS3 then let me know, I was close to getting 360 over PS3 last gen so keen to try out what I missed out on.

#34 Goonertron

Goonertron

Posted 19 June 2015 - 05:34 PM

I didn't even think about Games with Gold! Away with Pool Nation FX I say!

Start redeeming the 360 GwG games on xbox.com each month!

#35 Telprydain

Telprydain
  • Xbox Live:Tel Prydain

Posted 19 June 2015 - 06:02 PM

Worth remembering this is basically BETA atm.

Even then - the performance of emulated games is actually BETTER. Mass Effect loads faster, there is less lag and there's less pop-in.

My partner even said the lift was faster than the messages that were playing - which if you know ME, you know is a big deal.

http://kotaku.com/ma...-one-1712235700

#36 dontboszit

dontboszit

Sleeper

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Silver VIP

• Gaming Night Host
  • 902 posts
  • Steam ID:dontboszit
  • PSN:DontBoszit
  • Xbox Live:Dont Bosz it

Posted 19 June 2015 - 07:53 PM

so i got added to the xbox preview program... if any one wants to try this and isnt in the preview program let me nw ill send a invite your way 

#37 Rusty1982

Rusty1982
  • PSN:Crazy_Pukeko

Posted 19 June 2015 - 08:12 PM

so i got added to the xbox preview program... if any one wants to try this and isnt in the preview program let me nw ill send a invite your way 

I got the message that I was added, downloaded the dashboard but when I put the mass effect disc in it came up with an error?

I registered my Xbox to my account and I think it says pending.  Anyone know what's happening?

#38 NZBuc

NZBuc
  • Xbox Live:NZ Buc

Posted 19 June 2015 - 09:02 PM

I got the message that I was added, downloaded the dashboard but when I put the mass effect disc in it came up with an error?

I registered my Xbox to my account and I think it says pending.  Anyone know what's happening?

Check if there's another update needed to dashboard?

Also region you're set to may have an impact for 360 games? (I'm guessing here)

#39 BlakeyNZ

BlakeyNZ

The sort of person you see on Jeremey Kyle

• Members
  • 3211 posts
  • PSN:Blakey_NZ
  • Xbox Live:blakey nz

Posted 19 June 2015 - 09:25 PM

Worth remembering this is basically BETA atm.
Even then - the performance of emulated games is actually BETTER. Mass Effect loads faster, there is less lag and there's less pop-in.
My partner even said the lift was faster than the messages that were playing - which if you know ME, you know is a big deal.

http://kotaku.com/ma...-one-1712235700

The games being run off of the xbox one hard drive so you will see minor performance increases but so far the difference has been impressive

#40 Goonertron

Goonertron

Posted 19 June 2015 - 10:53 PM

Now I need to know how fast the battles load up in Lost Odyssey.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users