#1 ShootMeUp

ShootMeUp

ShootMeUp

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • PSN:ShootMeUp

Posted 25 May 2015 - 06:35 PM

Hi all,

I've been wondering what methods people mainly use to access their anime (and the pro's and con's)?

I have a modest collection on BluRay & DVD and like having the physical discs but they're not cheap and don't get a huge amount of use. Recently I've been subscribing to CrunchyRoll which I found great - has anyone tried any of the alternative sub sites out there?
I used to download series via torrent but with on-demand streaming working so well, I rarely bother anymore. My daughters use some dodgy 'free' streaming sites but I've had mixed results with reliability and quality.

Anyway, I'd like to hear how others consume their anime and their thoughts and experiences on it: borrow, rent, buy, stream, download etc.

Cheers.

#2 acedumbunny

acedumbunny

For science.

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 3463 posts
  • Steam ID:Acedumbunny
  • PSN:Acedumbunny
  • Xbox Live:Acedumbunny

Posted 25 May 2015 - 06:51 PM

I tend to import the series I buy as it is cheaper and my Blu-Ray player can change regions, for airing series I download fansubs.

#3 dontboszit

dontboszit

Sleeper

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Silver VIP

• Gaming Night Host
  • 901 posts
  • Steam ID:dontboszit
  • PSN:DontBoszit
  • Xbox Live:Dont Bosz it

Posted 25 May 2015 - 08:30 PM

i watch most of my anime off streaming sites...for shows that i might want to re watch i buy blu rays / torrent depending on when its been aired and if i can find the blu rays

#4 PandaJenkins

PandaJenkins

Otherwise known as 'Pandy Wandy'

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 6123 posts
  • Steam ID:Pandajenkees
  • PSN:Pandajenkins
  • Xbox Live:Panda Jenkins

Posted 25 May 2015 - 08:30 PM

well I've been not watching really anything these days, the only two shows I am watching are on TV..... but I can do that cause I live in Japan. Was surprised to find that crunchyroll can't be used here though.

DVD's / Blu-rays cost too much, even here. One of the reasons I'm so into manga atm (on top of it just being better and having creativity right now)

#5 czk51

czk51
  • PSN:cheradenineZ

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:08 AM

only series ive really followed all the way was Naruto, and had to use a streaming service (going way back to the old fan subs infact) but since fillers and the completion of the manga, I just go for crunchy roll and am less obsessed with staying up to date. 

Other than that I've bought various series on dvd over the years. 

#6 Twilight_Aurora

Twilight_Aurora
  • PSN:Twilight_Aurora

Posted 26 May 2015 - 03:14 PM

I used to just buy everything on DVD/Blu-ray (back when I had a disposable income and no real expenses). I used to spend like $300-$400 a month on new releases etc. Nowadays I just use fansubs for everything, and try to buy the occasional series I really enjoyed on Blu-ray so I can support the industry to some extent. I haven't looked into crunchyroll, but it looks pretty good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users