Photo

The Elder Scrolls Online

The Elder Scrolls Online TESO burning brassieres Listen for the Screams

• Please log in to reply
2500 replies to this topic

#1 Mafivee

Mafivee

Posted 08 May 2015 - 09:05 PM

Hey there. For those who are keen on playing with other NZGamers, most of us are on the North American (NA) megaserver and are in the Aldmeri Dominion alliance.

Also feel free to get in on joining the NZGamer Guild too.

#2 KiwiSharp

KiwiSharp

KiwiSharp

• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2989 posts
  • Steam ID:KiwiSharp
  • PSN:KiwiSharp
  • Xbox Live:KiwiSharp

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:37 AM

Will wait till I hear more about it first.

#3 Cyco24

Cyco24
  • Steam ID:Cyco2411
  • PSN:Cyco24
  • Xbox Live:Cyco24

Posted 09 May 2015 - 01:21 AM

I found aot of people at first when ebonhesrt cause of skyrim im guessing, me its high elf :)

#4 mvon007

mvon007

Ex Forza Whore

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4357 posts
  • Steam ID:mvon007
  • PSN:mvon007
  • Xbox Live:mvon007

Posted 09 May 2015 - 08:05 AM

If we can get a good supply of peeps on this platform I'll just go with the flow :). Haven't played Skyrim for more than 30 mins, and prefer the simpler combat and such of mmo style :). So many getting it on ps4 though eh.

#5 Mafivee

Mafivee

Posted 09 May 2015 - 08:08 AM

I found aot of people at first when ebonhesrt cause of skyrim im guessing, me its high elf :)

I can see how that would be the case with it being the most recent an familiar along with the Dark Elves that always seem popular. From what I've seen, a lot of people have gone with the Aldmeri Dominion for the Khajiit and High Elves.

I've always played as a Nord as I've always been interested in Norse Mythology and Vikings and all that stuff.

Edited by Mafivee, 09 May 2015 - 08:13 AM.

#6 mvon007

mvon007

Ex Forza Whore

• Members
  • 4357 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:44 PM

Oh Khajiit, my 30 mins of Skyrim was as one of those - how could you not want better vision in the dark? :)

#7 Meanvision

Meanvision
  • Steam ID:Meanvision
  • PSN:Meanvision
  • Xbox Live:Meanvision

Posted 09 May 2015 - 09:31 PM

If it's as good as I found neverwinter I'll be getting it, will just wait until I hear how the servers are going/ how the general gameplay is first tho

#8 Cyco24

Cyco24
  • Steam ID:Cyco2411
  • PSN:Cyco24
  • Xbox Live:Cyco24

Posted 09 May 2015 - 10:44 PM

Guess i should expand on what i was saying, maybe 1 am post full on sake isnt the best idea haha. When i was playing it on pc back at launch a lot of people picked ebonheart, and dagger wasnt as popular, then it became aldemeri and dragon whats you calls it. If you get the Explorers pack the choice doesnt really matter, since you can be any race in any faction. If we get a few people interested might pay to figure put where to go (faction). My vote goes to the pount ear faction :) elves and cats ftw

#9 Mafivee

Mafivee

Posted 10 May 2015 - 08:54 AM

Oh Khajiit, my 30 mins of Skyrim was as one of those - how could you not want better vision in the dark? :)

If it was too dark in some places I would just turn the brightness up briefly. Khajiit would definitely be my second choice though. I like my cats.

#10 Mafivee

Mafivee

Posted 10 May 2015 - 08:58 AM

Guess i should expand on what i was saying, maybe 1 am post full on sake isnt the best idea haha. When i was playing it on pc back at launch a lot of people picked ebonheart, and dagger wasnt as popular, then it became aldemeri and dragon whats you calls it. If you get the Explorers pack the choice doesnt really matter, since you can be any race in any faction. If we get a few people interested might pay to figure put where to go (faction). My vote goes to the pount ear faction :) elves and cats ftw

The explorers pack would be the way to go for that coverage and compatibility.

#11 sassydot

sassydot

Queen of Forza

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Gaming Night Host
  • 3840 posts
  • Steam ID:sassydot
  • Xbox Live:sassydot

Posted 25 May 2015 - 11:02 AM

Ughhhhh This is $70 from nzgameshop, vs. $120 on the xbox store.  Digital is convenient, but $50 worth of convenient?  I don't think so!  Even buying the expansions after the fact (so vs. $140 for the bundle digitally) would probably still be cheaper.

When is the digital store going to get its sh*t together and have realistic pricing?  :angry2:

Edited by sassydot, 25 May 2015 - 11:02 AM.

#12 mvon007

mvon007

Ex Forza Whore

• Members
  • 4357 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 11:08 AM

I guess that is the $50 question! I have this feeling that convenience is going to win out for mine....

#13 oconnomiyaki

oconnomiyaki

Iconoclast

• Members
  • 3759 posts
  • PSN:Donutta
  • Xbox Live:oconnomiyaki

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:31 PM

Ughhhhh This is $70 from nzgameshop, vs. $120 on the xbox store.  Digital is convenient, but $50 worth of convenient?  I don't think so!  Even buying the expansions after the fact (so vs. $140 for the bundle digitally) would probably still be cheaper.

When is the digital store going to get its sh*t together and have realistic pricing?  :angry2:

It's not really fair to compare the digital store to UK grey importers.

#14 sassydot

sassydot

Queen of Forza

• Gaming Night Host
  • 3840 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 01:02 PM

I know and I understand why the likes of nzgameshop are cheaper and that local retailers for the most part can't compete with it, and I'm happy to pay slightly more to purchase locally when it seems fair, but when even the Microsoft store is selling physical copies cheaper than digital (e.g Halo MCC and FH2 are $110 digital vs $80 via Microsoft store)... something is off.

#15 jtbthatsme

jtbthatsme
  • Steam ID:jtbthatsme
  • Xbox Live:HOLY GUACAM0LE

Posted 25 May 2015 - 04:02 PM

But pretty much the digital price is set to be the same as the physical price at the retailers, which is just dumb since, no disk cost, basically no staff or power & building costs to pay & they generally don't take bulk buying power into consideration either.

With EB games pretty much the only place that sells at full rrp you'd think digital could be a little cheaper but they still have the best relationship with the sellers due to international markets and no company wants to upset their biggest customers so we get crap prices or buy from another market.

Personally I think digital should always be 15-20% cheaper if not more.

#16 oconnomiyaki

oconnomiyaki

Iconoclast

• Members
  • 3759 posts
  • PSN:Donutta
  • Xbox Live:oconnomiyaki

Posted 25 May 2015 - 04:32 PM

Digital games are aggressively discounted after a while though. I got Thief for $15 and Dragon Age is currently going for $60 but JB has it at $90ish.

Also Gold often gets pre-order discounts. And with Rewards cash-back, it makes sense. I get like $25 credit a month just for buying two new releases and doing some surveys.

#17 Mafivee

Mafivee

Posted 25 May 2015 - 04:44 PM

Going to pre-order off the marketplace for the explorers pack. I knew it was going to be somewhere around that price so I'm not overly surprised. Could obviously get it cheaper by shopping around retailers, but as I prefer digital games these days I don't mind paying digital price.

#18 sassydot

sassydot

Queen of Forza

• Gaming Night Host
  • 3840 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:48 AM

Yeah I may still end up doing the same as I would like the pre-order pack...  and I can get $140 into my paypal account if I just stay off the damn xbox for a couple of nights and get some stuff sewn and put on trademe! :lol:  Still, ouch!

#19 Mafivee

Mafivee

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:44 AM

$140 for the imperial edition bundle? I'm just going for the $120 bundle

#20 sassydot

sassydot

Queen of Forza

• Gaming Night Host
  • 3840 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:32 AM

Yeah, I figure if I'm going in for $120 over $70, I might as well just go all in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users