#1 Wozza

Wozza

The next test is impossible

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 5789 posts
  • Xbox Live:Wozza NZGamer

Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:52 PM

Got this on Steam last night ($35 I think). Only had a quick game so far. Had a few people say that this game is what we really wanted Sim City 5 to be. After looking forward to SIm City 5, I never really played it because the environments were too small and there wasn't really much interaction between districts.

#2 gspcdNZ

gspcdNZ
  • Steam ID:gspcdNZ
  • PSN:gspcdNZ
  • Wii:gspcdNZ
  • Xbox Live:gspcdNZ

Posted 09 May 2015 - 09:21 PM

I got this game earlier in the week. Its incredible. Its just incredible how awesome this is compared to SimCity. I love its scale and its ability to change depending on the environment. The water reactions remind me of that game Dust(if anyone remembers) o the 360. I think it was a PC game too. I love how you can download other peoples maps too. I started to able in editing and creating my own. I made a basic Auckland and I will try to complete it soon. I've only just started so its very rough and basic. 

What are your thoughts since you wrote this?

#3 SkylineObsession

SkylineObsession

Expert daydreamer

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 527 posts
  • Steam ID:mustang-man
  • PSN:SkylineObsession
  • Xbox Live:Mangosaurus

Posted 01 January 2017 - 05:53 PM

Ub3r bump.

I bought it in October or something last year, but had to upgrade my PC to play it. :( Even now it still has framerate issues or something, but have only played it a couple of times so far. Not really much of a PC gamer, usually stick to consoles.

But yeah, i didn't buy the final SimCity game, as i too didn't like how the city was separated into 'blocks' connected by a road or two - having a 'block' filled with high rises looks completely wrong when you fill the space up then there's a big gap of nothingness until the next block. It completely ruins the 'city' feel as nowhere in the real world is it replicated.

Cities: Skylines looks better than SimCity ever has, and i love how you can change the view angle/height and have extremely curved roads etc.

I still love the SC games, with the exception of the last, but C:S is the new king. Wish i found a patch to stop the Crash To Desktop bugs in SimCity 4 though, tried tonnes of different things.

Edited by SkylineObsession, 01 January 2017 - 05:53 PM.

#4 AdamC

AdamC
  • Steam ID:LygerReach
  • PSN:JadamCrt

Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:38 AM

$12 for this on steam ATM I'm going to check it out.

#5 atipuss

atipuss
  • Steam ID:atimewmew
  • PSN:atipuss
  • Xbox Live:atipuss

Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:58 AM

Got it yesterday :D still learning how to play lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users