Photo

Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remastered vs Final Fantasy XIII/XIII-2

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Final Fantasy Game (2 member(s) have cast votes)

Which version should I buy

1. Final Fantasy X X-2 Remastered (1 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. Final Fantasy XIII / XIII-2 (1 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Rusty1982

Rusty1982
  • PSN:Crazy_Pukeko

Posted 11 March 2015 - 09:59 PM

Hey Guys,

Since NZ Gamer has it's own sub forum for one of my all time favourite JRPG of all time, I am struggling to decide which game to purchase at the moment.  A little history on me, been gaming with FF series since VII, went through VIII & IX and X.

So I see a remastered version of X / X-2 great, I loved that game, I know I finished X but can't remember if I ever finished X-2, think I did play it though.

XIII I started to play on the PC, but the PC just can not quite handle the grunt of XIII at the moment, since I bought the PS3 I have been on a buying craze which is now coming to an end (got Red Dead Redemption, The Last of Us, Resistance Fall of Man, Rage and soon to be GTA V and Ni No Kuni)

Now comes the hardest decision for me, to pick up X / X-2 or get both XIII / XIII-2.  I know that it starts to stray a bit (Review watched ect), but I have enjoyed XIII (only up to the part of branding after finding Lighting's Sister) and to be honest I feel I would also enjoy this.  Although I am not sure about Lightning Returns at this moment (hoping that XIII-2 doesn't leave it too open to have to play Lightning Returns)

Anyway help on old timer decide which option to go with, FFX / X-2 is $50 shipped (unless someone knows cheaper) and XIII / XIII-2 is $35 shipped

So Which one?

(Posted in FF Forums, want to catch as many opinions as possible)

#2 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

What happened? How did I get here?

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 10694 posts
  • PSN:drunk_monk_13
  • Xbox Live:drunkmonk37

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:20 AM

X is a better game but Xiii has the benefit of being new to you.

Personally I would recommend 13.

#3 AdamC

AdamC
  • Steam ID:LygerReach
  • PSN:JadamCrt

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:47 AM

Yea I did not like XIII much, but it was far from terrible. Story is decent, World is beautiful, but I just did not like the combat. Felt too spammy rather than throwing powerfull attacks.

But as good as X is, (And the remaster is amazing but have not played X2 again yet) I would recommend trying XIII for yaself. Your only at the beginning.

#4 Sidawg2

Sidawg2
  • PSN:sidawg2
  • Xbox Live:sidawg2

Posted 12 March 2015 - 07:49 PM

If you are shrewd on TradeMe you could probably pick up both titles for less than 15 dollars each and then have no such dilemma :)

#5 Silvon

Silvon
  • Steam ID:Silvonvalar
  • PSN:Valarze

Posted 12 March 2015 - 11:53 PM

Hard to say...I enjoyed XIII and XIII-2 so I can recommend them to you personally, but I love X and would not hesitate to tell you to go out and buy them immediately!

In this situation though, I'd probably opt to recommend XIII rather than a game you've already played, unless you really really want to play X/X-2 so much that you'd rather play through a game you've already played (which is fine, did I mention I love X?).

If you are shrewd on TradeMe you could probably pick up both titles for less than 15 dollars each and then have no such dilemma :)

This as well. Unless you want them new, I'm sure you could pick them up cheaper on TM.

Edited by Silvon, 12 March 2015 - 11:53 PM.

#6 Rusty1982

Rusty1982

Posted 13 March 2015 - 06:37 AM

Not so much being Shrewd, it's more looking at the experience people have had with XIII, seen some love it and some loath it.  I thoroughly enjoyed X and as I say can't recall finishing X-2.

X inspired me quite a bit and I got a tattoo back then with Tidus and Yuna in the water done in a tribal style design.

I will eventually pick up both but it was which to start with first.

#7 Rusty1982

Rusty1982

Posted 13 March 2015 - 06:39 AM

Hard to say...I enjoyed XIII and XIII-2 so I can recommend them to you personally, but I love X and would not hesitate to tell you to go out and buy them immediately!

In this situation though, I'd probably opt to recommend XIII rather than a game you've already played, unless you really really want to play X/X-2 so much that you'd rather play through a game you've already played (which is fine, did I mention I love X?).

This as well. Unless you want them new, I'm sure you could pick them up cheaper on TM.

Well I did it last night, picked up XIII & XIII-2 for $33 delivered, at the moment X/X-2 Remastered is still going to set me back around $50 shipped.  Will have to wait on that for now  :whistle:

#8 woollywol

woollywol
  • Steam ID:PoodleDjinn
  • PSN:wilywol60
  • Wii:woollywol60

Posted 13 March 2015 - 01:58 PM

at the moment X/X-2 Remastered is still going to set me back around $50 shipped.  Will have to wait on that for now  :whistle:

NZgameshop have limited stock at $43

http://www.nzgamesho...stered-game-ps3

but unfortunately their Free Shipping option requires a min. spend of $60.

#9 Rusty1982

Rusty1982

Posted 16 March 2015 - 11:03 PM

Funny story, walked into Cash Convertors today to pick up Resident Evil 6 and thought I'll just have a quick look.

What did i find Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster priced at $12 (even had the old price sticker of $69 on it). Naturally i snapped that up. So I know have four FF games. This could take a while to play through

#10 woollywol

woollywol
  • Steam ID:PoodleDjinn
  • PSN:wilywol60
  • Wii:woollywol60

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:11 AM

What did i find Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster priced at $12 (even had the old price sticker of $69 on it). Naturally i snapped that up. So I know have four FF games. This could take a while to play through

great bargain!  :thumbsup:

#11 AdamC

AdamC
  • Steam ID:LygerReach
  • PSN:JadamCrt

Posted 17 March 2015 - 09:07 PM

great bargain!  :thumbsup:

wow that is a good deal. Nice find.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users