#21 predatorhunter

predatorhunter

Obsessed with Gears of War

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4470 posts
  • Xbox Live:themainman21

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:56 AM

Has anyone brought from NZ or OZ GAMESHOP before I brought my copy of Witcher through them for The first time any idea how fast they are with shipping

usually get it between 7-10 days in my experience 

#22 D4nzy

D4nzy

The Man.

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Gaming Night Host
  • 4475 posts
  • Xbox Live:D4nzy

Posted 23 May 2015 - 12:48 PM

This cracked me up while playing The Witcher 3

#23 t-wade23

t-wade23
  • PSN:T-WADE23

Posted 28 May 2015 - 09:20 PM

Finally got it yesterday only got a chance to play it today for a few hours but wow this game is amazing so far I'm not to far in from the prologue but just amazing.

#24 Pommelhorse

Pommelhorse
  • Steam ID:Pommelhorse
  • Xbox Live:Pommelhorse99

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:52 AM

Can honestly say, without hyperbole, this is the best game I've ever played. And I've been playing games since the BBC Micro days.

I never played the first two games (bought them on steam sale, sitting there waiting for me), but now I'm engrossed in the world and the lore.

If you're on the fence about buying this game, take the plunge. You won't be disappointed.

#25 Mongrel_Rob

Mongrel_Rob

Riding eternal, shiny and gilded

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• 4159 posts
  • Xbox Live:Aviatora

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:58 AM

Can honestly say, without hyperbole, this is the best game I've ever played. And I've been playing games since the BBC Micro days.

I never played the first two games (bought them on steam sale, sitting there waiting for me), but now I'm engrossed in the world and the lore.

If you're on the fence about buying this game, take the plunge. You won't be disappointed.

I was about to ask this actually. I've watched a fair bit of people playing it on Twitch and it seems really good. I've not played the first two and was wondering if it was necessary to do so to understand W3's storyline.

#26 Pommelhorse

Pommelhorse

Posted 31 May 2015 - 10:34 AM

Yeah, I was a little concerned about that as well, but read a great article that explained everything. It's long but really informative and helped me understand what what happening.

http://kotaku.com/a-...cher-1704506152

#27 nimrod76

nimrod76

Arse Hat

• Tester
  • 19913 posts
  • PSN:Nimrod76

Posted 31 May 2015 - 01:08 PM

Really enjoying the game, but I've hit two mission killing bugs so far. One is a person in need the key to set them free doesn't spawn, and the other is for a pass, went off to complete the requirements came back and it failed me but the mission is still active. Not overly worried as one is an encounter and for the pass I can just get in a boat and go around, it bothers me on a need to complete level though.

I know CDPR are working on fixing these things so I'm okay with it, this will be weeks if not months of entertainment for me given I'm only getting an hour or so to play each night.

#28 PandaJenkins

PandaJenkins

Otherwise known as 'Pandy Wandy'

• Members
  • 6123 posts
  • Steam ID:Pandajenkees
  • PSN:Pandajenkins
  • Xbox Live:Panda Jenkins

Posted 31 May 2015 - 01:55 PM

This game is f***ing incredible so far. Witcher 1 & 2 and two of my favourite games ever and CDProjekt are once again delivering. I'm playing on death march difficulty due to beating Witcher 2 on dark. It's pretty dang tough though, everything is way higher level than me lol. 

#29 Pommelhorse

Pommelhorse

Posted 31 May 2015 - 03:21 PM

Really enjoying the game, but I've hit two mission killing bugs so far. One is a person in need the key to set them free doesn't spawn, and the other is for a pass, went off to complete the requirements came back and it failed me but the mission is still active. Not overly worried as one is an encounter and for the pass I can just get in a boat and go around, it bothers me on a need to complete level though.

I know CDPR are working on fixing these things so I'm okay with it, this will be weeks if not months of entertainment for me given I'm only getting an hour or so to play each night.

I was able to get more than one pass, so I wouldn't worry about that.

#30 t-wade23

t-wade23
  • PSN:T-WADE23

Posted 31 May 2015 - 08:12 PM

This game is f***ing incredible so far. Witcher 1 & 2 and two of my favourite games ever and CDProjekt are once again delivering. I'm playing on death march difficulty due to beating Witcher 2 on dark. It's pretty dang tough though, everything is way higher level than me lol.

Same here some of these low level monsters on death march are ridiculously hard still just hit level 7 and it's still hard but enjoying the challenge.

#31 Ubercuber

Ubercuber

Runner up Best Ubercuber

• Members
  • 4069 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 02:43 PM

Great game so far. Pretty overwhelming trying to take everything in.

I wish you could just run over the flowers/plants and press x to collect them instead of having to stop to get them. Random nitpick. Just left the first area, which is where I heard all the glitches start to kick in....

#32 PandaJenkins

PandaJenkins

• Members
  • 6123 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 07:01 PM

eh I've encountered a few small bugs but people act like other open world games DIDN'T have them. Bethesda and Rockstar games are both guilty of tons. I'd say the game seems less buggy than others so far, and well it's expected when you have a game world with so many variables.

The framerate on PS4 though.... now that's something to criticize. 

Edited by PandaJenkins, 01 June 2015 - 07:02 PM.

#33 Ubercuber

Ubercuber

Runner up Best Ubercuber

• Members
  • 4069 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 07:37 PM

Haven't encountered too many frame rate drops yet (apart from a couple of quick stutters) - but then as I said, only in the first area. Ive heard once weather effects start coming into it, the chug begins.

To add to my nitpick about having to stop to collect herbs, its also annoying how weirdly specific you have to be to loot stuff. Like you have to be looking at them from an exact angle or something. Which gets a bit annoying when you're trying to steal a families worldly belongings from under their noses.

#34 nimrod76

nimrod76

Arse Hat

• Tester
  • 19913 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 08:08 PM

I'm 20-30 hours in and have suffered no frame rate issues, encountered a few mission orientated bugs but nothing major. My main gripe is having no quick access to the world map, having to hit the touch pad and then hit x in the next menu isn't a big deal but it's not exactly stream lined and I look at the map a lot.

#35 PandaJenkins

PandaJenkins

• Members
  • 6123 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 08:09 PM

The framerate drops definitely get worse outside of White Orchard. And it is particularly bad in big fights or rainy weather. It doesn't make the game unplayable though as I absolutely f***ing love it. That's just all I really want better. 

The loot system is the same as The Witcher 2. Whether or not they should have changed it though it's up for discussion, just putting it out there. 

Edit: I refuse to believe you haven't had framerate drops. Rain + fights is inevitable. 

Edited by PandaJenkins, 01 June 2015 - 08:09 PM.

#36 Ubercuber

Ubercuber

Runner up Best Ubercuber

• Members
  • 4069 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 09:06 PM

I'm 20-30 hours in and have suffered no frame rate issues, encountered a few mission orientated bugs but nothing major. My main gripe is having no quick access to the world map, having to hit the touch pad and then hit x in the next menu isn't a big deal but it's not exactly stream lined and I look at the map a lot.

Swipe up on the touch pad. Also, hold down the touch pad for a second or so to open then inventory.

#37 Ubercuber

Ubercuber

Runner up Best Ubercuber

• Members
  • 4069 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 09:08 PM

And yeah the loot is overwhelming as well. Too much stufffffffff. SLAF would love this game. He collects pointless books in Fallout.

#38 nimrod76

nimrod76

Arse Hat

• Tester
  • 19913 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 09:52 PM

Swipe up on the touch pad. Also, hold down the touch pad for a second or so to open then inventory.

Well f*** me! That's brilliant, thanks man.

#39 PandaJenkins

PandaJenkins

• Members
  • 6123 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 10:48 PM

And yeah the loot is overwhelming as well. Too much stufffffffff. SLAF would love this game. He collects pointless books in Fallout.

The Witcher games have always been guilty of this. Personally I love it, the game doesn't try to simplify anything.

Well f*** me! That's brilliant, thanks man.

I didn't know about this either, super cool. 

#40 D4nzy

D4nzy

The Man.

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Gaming Night Host
  • 4475 posts
  • Xbox Live:D4nzy

Posted 02 June 2015 - 07:33 AM

I can't say I've really noticed any framerate drops on Xbox.

Also, I'm interested in what paths everyone is taking with the skill tree?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Xbox, Playstation, CD Projekt Red, PS4, Xb1, PC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users