drunk_monk

What happened? How did I get here?

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 10909 posts
  • PSN:drunk_monk_13
  • Xbox Live:drunkmonk37

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:54 PM

FYI ironfist you need to get past the mindset of "And it was working perfectly for the past two years, so not sure why it would start causing a problem now." mindset. it doesn't matter how long it has worked, things break.

This is the biggest issue I hit when doing telephone based support. People don't try the things you ask them to properly because they have a mindset like "it worked before so it should work now" which results in sceptical people not doing what you ask them to. More often than not when I convince them to do it it fixes the issue.

Just my advice, take it or leave it.

#22 Simplified

Simplified

That Leo Whitefang player

• NZGamer.com VIP Silver VIP

• Members
  • 1304 posts
  • Steam ID:simplifiedog
  • PSN:ItsVisionzZ

Posted 04 March 2015 - 05:36 AM

Have you tried the power cycle method? It resets your video and audio settings.

While your ps3 is off, hold down the power button until it beeps once then let go. This will revert your settings back to the original.

From there you should be able to configure everything back to normal. Happened to me yesterday lol

#23 ironfist92

ironfist92
  • PSN:ironfist92

Posted 04 March 2015 - 12:02 PM

Have you tried the power cycle method? It resets your video and audio settings.

While your ps3 is off, hold down the power button until it beeps once then let go. This will revert your settings back to the original.

From there you should be able to configure everything back to normal. Happened to me yesterday lol

"I tried resetting the video MULTIPLE times, and still doesnt show anything"

#24 Dvst8u

Dvst8u

Dvst8u

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 3555 posts
  • PSN:Dvst8u

Posted 04 March 2015 - 12:32 PM

i have a 360 working perfectly on a tv then one morning , nothing , tried in on all 3 hdmi inputs , nothing , new cable , nothing , went downstars , works fine on the other tv..thinking the hdmi port board or however it is made up in tv just shat itself. hats not a possiblity?

#25 ironfist92

ironfist92

Posted 04 March 2015 - 05:34 PM

i have a 360 working perfectly on a tv then one morning , nothing , tried in on all 3 hdmi inputs , nothing , new cable , nothing , went downstars , works fine on the other tv..thinking the hdmi port board or however it is made up in tv just shat itself. hats not a possiblity?

Tried three different TVs, all work fine with my PS4, but not my PS3.

#26 LuFoPo

LuFoPo
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:03 PM

I think it may be that your PS3 has a faulty hdmi port. I used to repair/mod these things years ago and the two main causes I found are:

1) The 'pins' are broken/bent/snapped. You can try repositioning anything wayward and hope for the best. Or solder a new port on.
2) The HDMI port is fried. One cause for this is static damage when plugging the HDMI cable while the devices is powered on.

There is a cheap workaround though. And that is just to use component out and enjoy 1080i :D on a ps3 the difference is negligible.

#27 ironfist92

ironfist92

Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:41 PM

I think it may be that your PS3 has a faulty hdmi port. I used to repair/mod these things years ago and the two main causes I found are:

1) The 'pins' are broken/bent/snapped. You can try repositioning anything wayward and hope for the best. Or solder a new port on.
2) The HDMI port is fried. One cause for this is static damage when plugging the HDMI cable while the devices is powered on.

There is a cheap workaround though. And that is just to use component out and enjoy 1080i :D on a ps3 the difference is negligible.

Any chance you or anyone could fix it for cheap?

#28 LuFoPo

LuFoPo
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 06:27 PM

I don't really have the equipment/time to do it sorry. 
Unless you watch blu ray movies. I would buy a component video cable and keep gaming. It would work pretty similar to an HDMI cable.

#29 ironfist92

ironfist92

Posted 05 March 2015 - 09:50 PM

I don't really have the equipment/time to do it sorry. 
Unless you watch blu ray movies. I would buy a component video cable and keep gaming. It would work pretty similar to an HDMI cable.

Yeah, I already bought an AV Component Cable, and using it atm. Ill use my PS4 for movies. Still just inconvenient.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users