Otherwise known as 'Pandy Wandy'

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 6123 posts
  • Steam ID:Pandajenkees
  • PSN:Pandajenkins
  • Xbox Live:Panda Jenkins

Posted 16 March 2015 - 04:29 PM

Lava Shock so has a place in my Murlock Control Shaman deck. One of my strongest decks as it is, being able to remove the overload will only make it even better. 

I just want Axe flinger to make a yolo bouncing blade deck even funnier. 

#42 darklordfoamy

darklordfoamy
  • Steam ID:dark lord foamy
  • PSN:radfoamy
  • Xbox Live:darklordfoamy

Posted 16 March 2015 - 04:51 PM

Yes I did look at Neptulon with lava shock and smiled. Still will be interesting to see what else comes as someone has apparently seen a Nefarian card which makes sense and I'm curious how he will be done but wonder how many other dragons will show up as well elementals and dwarves.

#43 PandaJenkins

PandaJenkins

• Members
  • 6123 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:59 PM

Not even just for Neptulon though. Crackles, feral spirit, lava burst etc. So dangerous. 

#44 darklordfoamy

darklordfoamy

Posted 17 March 2015 - 07:30 AM

We'll see. I actually think this will be something I want to play the turn I play the overload as well so I have full mana next turn but's going to end up being a state of the board kind of thing. Defintely going to be one that requires some testing to see how useful it will really be but might make me run that old spell damage shaman deck I used to have again.

Edit

Look more new cards

2J0C4STZY0301426279638075.jpg

JSIHF973UMIR1426279638105.jpg

Hmmm not sure about these two. The dragon egg I can see working in some situations and the dragonkin is not bad with some of the cheaper buff spells making it pump up quicker. Definitely need some testing on these two.

Edited by darklordfoamy, 18 March 2015 - 07:04 AM.

#45 PandaJenkins

PandaJenkins

• Members
  • 6123 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 09:49 PM

Dragonkin seems like it will work best with Priest. I think Dragon egg has the potential to be pretty nasty. We'll see though. 

#46 darklordfoamy

darklordfoamy

Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:55 AM

Yeah I can see it with priest with a power word shield making it a 4/8 which is annoying because it's like fighting a twilight drake where the silence only sort of works. Still I keep looking at dragon egg and the same though keeps coming back. I'd rather have a neurbian egg. Still that might change if we see cards that have benefits for having a dragon on the board where the egg might have some use due to how cheap it is but yeah not doing anything for me at the moment.

#47 PandaJenkins

PandaJenkins

• Members
  • 6123 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 04:12 PM

Kripp seems to think the dragon egg fits the aggressive meta more than Nerubian. I'd rather see the meta change but I highly doubt it will with this expansion. Heck I want this game to encourage creative decks more, rather than just "mech mage" or the current easy win deck, and every deck running sh*t like Doctor Boom (as this card could be balanced right now but Blizz would rather milk booster sales....).

It's the reason I can never truly say I love Hearthstone. Blizz care more about money than the quality of the game, which isn't surprising though. 

#48 darklordfoamy

darklordfoamy

Posted 20 March 2015 - 05:15 PM

Yeah it has gotten quite boring with the constant mech mages and facehunters which is why I've kind of moved to casual that and unless you want to hit legend and do the E sport scene there is bugger all reason to really play ranked after rank 20. The meta decks still do show in casual but not as much and seen some interesting decks crop up though casual warriors seem to have a thing for enrage decks at the moment or I'm just fighting every enrage warrior because it's all I've seen from them recently.

Edit

Also who wants some class specific cards?

PQS0FZ8QF3931426299155804.jpg

DMJ77IOZH3LW1426299155454.jpg

3E3MMQMNXQUS1426299155987.jpg

I actually like all of these guys. The flame walker can actually be quite nasty if you have some of the lower costing spells in your hand, core rager while it's not going to happen to often can be quite scary if it does become that 7/7 and the imp basically a variation on imp master but feel it being a demon would work in it's favor a bit more then the master and see some synergies.

Edited by darklordfoamy, 20 March 2015 - 05:34 PM.

#49 PandaJenkins

PandaJenkins

• Members
  • 6123 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:42 PM

when I play casual I see lots of zoo's.... like why? it's meant to be an easy rank up deck 'shrugs' 

Seems like mage has been getting decent to good cards with every update.
I don't see core rager being very good though, it pretty much requires unloaded all your cards. If they remove it instantly then you now have nothing.
Imp Gang boss will benefit from the demon buffing cards. I'm liking the push for demon lock lately. Got bored of zoo's, and handlock is just frustrating to play against. 

#50 darklordfoamy

darklordfoamy

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:15 PM

So me and a mate have been mucking about in the game and have been using the games in built deck builder to make decks for us and then fight. To say it makes some.... questionable decisions wouldn't be to far off. Here's what it gave me as a warrior.

Shield Slam

Upgrade!

Whirlwind

Lightwarden x2 (This made me go wtf)

Warbot

Zombie Chow (this is apparently my light warden synergy)

Fiery war axe

Rampage

Cruel taskmaster

Echoing Ooze

Gilblin Stalker

Ogre Warmaul

Charge

Shield block

Southsea Captain (yes buff those none existant pirates)

Mortal Strike x2

Arathi Weaponsmith

Jeeves

Abomination

Faceless Manipulator

Siege Engine x2

Shield Maiden

Black Knight

Gorehowl

Crush

Alexstraza

Mountain Giant

.... yeah so mid game wasn't to bad but oh lord the early game choices. Still was a laugh especially when I found out my opponent had been given a grimscale oracle and no other murloc so it was just a 1/1. Thought I stood a chance but no it gave him Deathwing and it just went to hell from there.

#51 LoftyDog

LoftyDog

The Gloriest of Beards

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Bronze VIP

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • PSN:sharkalopodous

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:37 PM

Flame waker is going to be hella tight in a tempo mage deck! can't wait to take that for a spin.

#52 darklordfoamy

darklordfoamy

Posted 25 March 2015 - 06:44 AM

So couple more cards.

6QGLN2YUUM2Y1426814991035.jpg

NWVVOO9R9PHX1426814991250.jpg

So Blackwing Corruptor not to bad but definitely a card that will be showing up in dragon decks. Dragons breath is interesting though I feel for it to be really worth it you need to kill at least two things before casting. Not sure about that one.

#53 OriginalSin

OriginalSin

Posted 25 March 2015 - 10:34 AM

There are quite a few eG members that play, if any of you are interested in meeting or playing some new people (that you can actually talk to) feel free to visit our TeamSpeak3 ts.ethixgaming.com and say "Sin invited me here to play Heathstone", and/or add me on battlenet Sin#1971

I'm also in the process of sorting out a tournament (basic decks only to keep it fair ish), followed by an open deck section if people want it and/or exhibition matches for people to show off their customs pwndecks to spectators. If I get enough interest I'll put on some prizes, they won't be expensive because I'm poor but it should be a fun night regardless.

Edited by OriginalSin, 25 March 2015 - 10:36 AM.

#54 PandaJenkins

PandaJenkins

• Members
  • 6123 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 11:26 AM

What server do you guys actually on play on? I'm gonna assume America but if any of you are on Europe lemme know. 

#55 OriginalSin

OriginalSin

Posted 26 March 2015 - 02:57 PM

I'd guess the majority of us are on Americas.

#56 darklordfoamy

darklordfoamy

Posted 27 March 2015 - 07:55 AM

I bring dragons.

0VHZAKMP56NA1427230761825.jpg

N5PKTPM4060A1427230761029.jpgFQOMECQ2X0EO1427230761627.jpg

Okay so Volcanic drake. This I see being a bit more useful than dragons breath card but not sure what sort of deck I'd put it in (other than dragon) so will need to do some tests on him but in arena could be pretty good. Drakonid Crusher interesting idea but not sure how useful it will be and most of the time I'd rather have a boulderfist but again hard to really say. Neferian this has some... interesting possiblities. Probably not that useful but like most of these types of legendaries he's just going to be fun to use and see what happens *cues youtube videos of people using it and getting ridiculous combo's*.

Edited by darklordfoamy, 27 March 2015 - 07:56 AM.

#57 darklordfoamy

darklordfoamy

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:18 AM

Double post but all cards have now been revealed and rather then fill the thread with the images here's the link to Hearthpwn.

http://www.hearthpwn...14-cards-reveal

Sooo.

Majordomo- Okay the ability to become ragnaros is amusing and sure 8 health is basically a death sentence having DIE INSECT as a hero ability is quite nice. Might try him but doubt he'll see as much play as Jaraxxus.

Chromaggus- This has... possibilities.

Emperor Thaurissan- Okay this guy will work pretty well in ramp decks. Will defintely be experimenting with him in my control and ramp decks.

Volcanic Lumberer- Not sure on this one. Feel I'd rather have ironbark most of the time but will see.

Dragon Consort- Well this suddenly makes some of the other expensive dragon legendaries more viable. Might bring Ysera back into my paladin deck along with Neferian and possibly Chromaggus.

Demonwrath- *Throws into his demon deck*

Resurrect- Okay I love RNG but this one... might be a little to much.

Revenge- Not feeling this one. Basically a panic board clear most of the time when low on health. Will see.

Solemn Vigil- Hmmm has some synergy with the recruits and things like muster for battle. Could see it being used.

Fireguard Destroyer- Oh my word. That thing has the potential to be terrifying.

Druid of the Flame- Become a slightly better magma rager or a slightly weaker oasis snapjaw... eh not to impressed by this one.

Gang Up- I need to know how this card works because there is some interesting effects if it does work how I think..... LEEROY!!!! LEEROY!!!! LEEROY!!!! LEEROY!!!! JENKINS!!!!.

Quick Shot- What is it with Blizzard wanting hunters to just leave their hands empty now. Still as for the card 3 damage for 2 is alright and the effect could be handy but not reliable.

Twilight Whelp- Well that has potential.

So yeah overall some interesting synergies with the cards and defintely going to experiment with them.

#58 PandaJenkins

PandaJenkins

• Members
  • 6123 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:59 AM

I'm so keen to experiment with these cards, though sadly I am missing like all the regular dragon legendaries. 

#59 darklordfoamy

darklordfoamy

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:39 PM

Indeed currently looking like my demon deck is going to gain a couple more cards and lose the few remaining non-demons in it. Dragon Paladin I've giving a go as Dragon Consort just opens up all sorts of possibilities. While I have played it before hand I'm going to give enrage warrior another go with patron and flinger. The rest will see though Gang Up has some interesting possibilities.

#60 PandaJenkins

PandaJenkins

• Members
  • 6123 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:53 PM

I love Dwarfs so I really want to make a gimmicky dwarf deck but still seems like that will be hard even with new Dwarf cards :/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hearthstone, blizzard, pc, mac, ipad, tablet, android, ftp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users