• Please log in to reply
241 replies to this topic

#21 darklordfoamy

darklordfoamy
  • Steam ID:dark lord foamy
  • PSN:radfoamy
  • Xbox Live:darklordfoamy

Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:37 PM

Found a flame leviathan last night so time to make yolo mage decks I guess.

Hope it proves more reliable for you then me. Had a game last night where I was on 12 health and warrior was on 3 and I had Barongeddon out and he had iron juggernaut. Top deck the mine and go down to 2 okay fine Barongeddon will attack and kill the warrior- top deck flame leviathan and get blown up. I was not pleased.

#22 PandaJenkins

PandaJenkins

Otherwise known as 'Pandy Wandy'

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 6123 posts
  • Steam ID:Pandajenkees
  • PSN:Pandajenkins
  • Xbox Live:Panda Jenkins

Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:54 PM

Hope it proves more reliable for you then me. Had a game last night where I was on 12 health and warrior was on 3 and I had Barongeddon out and he had iron juggernaut. Top deck the mine and go down to 2 okay fine Barongeddon will attack and kill the warrior- top deck flame leviathan and get blown up. I was not pleased.

That is hilariously unfortunate. 

#23 LoftyDog

LoftyDog

The Gloriest of Beards

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Bronze VIP

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • PSN:sharkalopodous

Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:09 AM

Yea definitely. A lot of death rattle cards are good enough without it anyway. It just adds even more value. 

Man I wish I could find 400 dust.

#24 darklordfoamy

darklordfoamy

Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:47 AM

Speaking of dust I'm always interested to see what are peoples opinions on the golden cards? For me while I find them to be not bad and some of the animations are decent most of the time if I already have the card in non-golden form I will dust the golden one so I can get other things with it the exception being the soulbound ones that you can't dust. Just wondering what others thoughts are on them.

#25 PandaJenkins

PandaJenkins

• Members
  • 6123 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:30 AM

It depends. If it's a gold of a card I really like, or use a lot I will likely keep it. Some also just have super cool animations. I might also keep common golds I use fairly often just cause they don't give that much dust. I usually get the dust if it's a card I really just give hardly any crap about. 

#26 Hellrend3r

Hellrend3r

GRIM ALLEN

• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Members
  • 5244 posts
  • Steam ID:Hentaimonsters
  • PSN:PollutedWomb
  • Xbox Live:Locust Shift

Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:37 AM

got me a gold sunwalker that im never getting rid of because lol taunt divine shield

#27 darklordfoamy

darklordfoamy

Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:52 AM

Yeah the golden sunwalker is nice but I think my favourite goes to the Oasis Snapjaw. I just love the little animation with it's head.

15.gif

#28 PandaJenkins

PandaJenkins

• Members
  • 6123 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:25 PM

Holy crap didn't even know it did that! 

I like a lot of the Paladin ones. They just look cool (though maybe it's because I've got several golds for Paladin and Shammy). I know I'm forgetting some of my specific favourites right now. 

#29 darklordfoamy

darklordfoamy

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:38 PM

So been doing some reading on the rumours and there seems to be a lot of rumours around about two things at the moment.

The first it's looking like there will be a 1 year anniversary card back but nothing else major which isn't to big of a surprise.

The second is rumours of a 2nd adventure campaign being added and from people have apparently datamined it will be based around Blackrock Mountain. Now I can sort of go with this as the Ragnaro's card back would fit with that and another datamined card back is Molten Core another Blackrock reference. Still if this is the case I do wonder how they will do the cards for it because well unlike with Kel'Thuzard we already have Ragnaros who according to what I've read on Blackrock and Molten Core was the big boss of that one. Still PAX east is nearly here and thats where they revealed Naxxramas so will see if they announce something then but I kind of hope they do as I kind of liked Naxxramas and actually went in with some GVG decks to see how they went. Makes the hunter challenge a bit more tougher actually.

Edit

So just noticed on the hearthstone main page a elemental shows up on the bottom right corner of the picture on top of the page. So yeah looking most likely that we'll be getting a announcement for this soon.

Edited by darklordfoamy, 03 March 2015 - 08:34 AM.

#30 LoftyDog

LoftyDog

The Gloriest of Beards

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 09:16 AM

Speaking of dust I'm always interested to see what are peoples opinions on the golden cards? For me while I find them to be not bad and some of the animations are decent most of the time if I already have the card in non-golden form I will dust the golden one so I can get other things with it the exception being the soulbound ones that you can't dust. Just wondering what others thoughts are on them.

I love gold cards, but I love cards I don't have even more. As a result I dust them. The only gold card I won't dust right now would be a golden sneeds shredder (as it pops golden legendaries) or a gold faceless manipulator (as it makes a gold of whatever it copies).

Once I get all the cards (or at least all the cards I want) then I'll start keeping golden variations.

#31 LoftyDog

LoftyDog

The Gloriest of Beards

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 09:17 AM

got me a gold sunwalker that im never getting rid of because lol taunt divine shield

"None shall pass"

Edited by LoftyDog, 05 March 2015 - 09:19 AM.

#32 darklordfoamy

darklordfoamy

Posted 07 March 2015 - 07:06 AM

Well it's been announced.

http://us.battle.net...krock-mountain/

So looks like we'll be seeing as a lot more dragons, dwarves, orcs and elementals and some cards have already been revealed.

3L3D2TGPGNUT1425590141751.jpg

OARIYTBC65QY1425590141521.jpg

KWBSBIDF9T7T1425590141566.jpg

OVA3CU92GPN31425590141659.jpg

1KMVKZ9NR7101425610759709.jpg

Some interesting ones there. Blackwing Technician looks like it would be great in a dragon deck which looks like will be a possibility this time and Hungry Dragon bit of a gamble but could be good... or you could give your opponent a dust devil with no way of stopping it. The two dwarves I'm not sure on and Rend nice affect but gah 4 health at 7 mana. Oh well comes out next month and looking forward to seeing what else comes out of it.

#33 Hellrend3r

Hellrend3r

GRIM ALLEN

• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Members
  • 5244 posts
  • Steam ID:Hentaimonsters
  • PSN:PollutedWomb
  • Xbox Live:Locust Shift

Posted 07 March 2015 - 09:33 AM

holy sh*t warriors are gonna have a hell of a time with grim patron

#34 darklordfoamy

darklordfoamy

Posted 08 March 2015 - 10:07 PM

Yeah a few people have mentioned that it might show up most likely in enrage decks as sh*t combine that with warsong commander and enough triggers and suddenly charging army of dwarves out of nowhere.

Still with the new season I've decided it's time for a new gimmick and to finally try out a deck I've wanted to do for ages but couldn't get it quite right but with some recent packs and dusting I now can. Behold what has been dubbed "The legendary Alarm o Bot".

This_is_just_silly.jpg

Yeeeeeah. So just as a note I haven't taken it in ranked/casual yet but it has fought all 9 expert practice AI.... it won 4 games which considering the others gimmicks I've made wiped the AI is not a good sign. Still should be a laugh and my sole goal with this deck is turn 1 innervate, Alarm o Bot into turn 2 Deathwing and then hope my opponent doesn't have a response and just laugh.

#35 PandaJenkins

PandaJenkins

• Members
  • 6123 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 09:59 PM

As someone who loves Dwarfs, particularly Warcraft dwarfs, this expansion has me excited. Cool to see it's Blackrock too. 

#36 LoftyDog

LoftyDog

The Gloriest of Beards

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 08:56 AM

Yeah a few people have mentioned that it might show up most likely in enrage decks as sh*t combine that with warsong commander and enough triggers and suddenly charging army of dwarves out of nowhere.

Still with the new season I've decided it's time for a new gimmick and to finally try out a deck I've wanted to do for ages but couldn't get it quite right but with some recent packs and dusting I now can. Behold what has been dubbed "The legendary Alarm o Bot".

This_is_just_silly.jpg

Yeeeeeah. So just as a note I haven't taken it in ranked/casual yet but it has fought all 9 expert practice AI.... it won 4 games which considering the others gimmicks I've made wiped the AI is not a good sign. Still should be a laugh and my sole goal with this deck is turn 1 innervate, Alarm o Bot into turn 2 Deathwing and then hope my opponent doesn't have a response and just laugh.

Day9 had some great success with an alarmo druid. He climbed 3 or 4 ranks in about 1.5 hours. 

#37 darklordfoamy

darklordfoamy

Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:45 AM

Day9 had some great success with an alarmo druid. He climbed 3 or 4 ranks in about 1.5 hours. 

I'll believe it as it's not been doing to bad. Face hunters are just laughing at it but being done better then I expected.

#38 LoftyDog

LoftyDog

The Gloriest of Beards

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 09:03 AM

I'll believe it as it's not been doing to bad. Face hunters are just laughing at it but being done better then I expected.

Here's his list if you want. Works well because you tend to either get the bot early or craaazy ramp.

a7wWGpU.png

Currently im running this and loving it.

29KSjfV.png

I've subbed out Thalnos for a mortal coil and twisting nether for a second siphon soul.

#39 darklordfoamy

darklordfoamy

Posted 11 March 2015 - 10:42 AM

Interesting deck. Always nice to see Kel, Feugen and Stalagg around more and one of my favourite moments recently was with Kel where turn 7 dr boom. Boom eats a fireball and a ping but the boom bots live. Turn 8 Kel'Thuzad... commence the recycling boom bot attacks.

Edit

Wooo more cards announced

1GXP6CO1X6YE1425964796432.jpg

NKXMP0912ZGE1425964796234.jpg

So the new shaman spell. Interesting idea only 2 damage but suddenly getting all your mana crystals back from overloads? Might be using this myself seeing as I'm running Earth Elemental and Neptulon and this would make the next turns after them a lot easier.

Also the warrior dwarf just confirms I'm making an enrage deck again when it comes out as I've already come up with some ridiculous combo's with it and the patron.

Edited by darklordfoamy, 11 March 2015 - 03:44 PM.

#40 LoftyDog

LoftyDog

The Gloriest of Beards

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 03:07 PM

I'm super excited about lava shock. The overload mechanic is so interesting and fun and GvG kind of killed it. Hopefully this card will bring it back. Also love me some earth elemental!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hearthstone, blizzard, pc, mac, ipad, tablet, android, ftp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users