#1 LoftyDog

LoftyDog

The Gloriest of Beards

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Bronze VIP

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • PSN:sharkalopodous

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:22 AM

To my surprise there is no hearthstone topic!

Does anyone here play? What decks are you currently playing? How are you finding the current Meta? What decks do you hate? What cards do you love? What cards do you hate.

I'll start.

Currently i'm playing a control-ish warlock with a Stormwind Champion (weird right?). It has great synergy with Implosion. Also has Jaraxxus, Ragnaros, some heal and some solid mid game minions. Control early with hellfire, darkbomb and then just keep applying pressure with high value minions and finish with rag or jaraxxus. Working great so far. Taken me to about rank 12 after only a couple hours of playing (I'm something like 10-3 with it so far).

I'm not really enjoying the meta right now. Mech mage is a pain. Im mostly a handlock player and mech mage just demolishes that deck. So trying new stuff out. Also not a fan that every deck has BGH in it either. But oh well, its better than hunter's everywhere I guess.

I hate hate hate hate hate paladin. It's so tough to play against. GvG really breathed life into that class and now there are about 4 different types of paladin decks. Also they can fill a strong board quickly with Muster for Battle and Quartermaster or destroy a strong board with Equality. Makes the game really swingy and tough to play against. You need to load the board up to not be overrun but if you load it up too much they simply clear it off. Feels like walking a tight-rope.

Favourite card is easily Jaraxxus. No other card like it. I also love Thoughtsteal. Most hated card is Blessing of Kings. If you have an answer it's great. If you don't it's aweful. I guess that's the game though, that card just gets my goat (bleeeeet).

Curious to hear what your thoughts are. Maybe swap some deck ideas and we can all get better.

#2 Hellrend3r

Hellrend3r

GRIM ALLEN

• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Members
  • 5244 posts
  • Steam ID:Hentaimonsters
  • PSN:PollutedWomb
  • Xbox Live:Locust Shift

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:47 AM

playing the RNG Mage turned up to 11

hope you like mad bombs and bullshit portals ;)

other than that i dabble in priest since thoughtsteal is the biggest f*** you card in the game, and warrior for funsies. Havent payed a single cent on this game so my cards arent too fantastic, but they'll do

Mustard Quartermaster is pretty bullshit. havent come across many pallys tho so im pretty grateful for that

hunters are an annoyance but thank f*** undertaker got nerfed

Edited by Hellrend3r, 11 February 2015 - 10:47 AM.

#3 darklordfoamy

darklordfoamy
  • Steam ID:dark lord foamy
  • PSN:radfoamy
  • Xbox Live:darklordfoamy

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:49 AM

Well a definite regular of Hearthstone.

Right now I'm mainly just mucking about with gimmick decks at the moment with my Yoink Priest deck, Demon Warlock, Deathrattle Hunter and Mass Damage Mage though have my standard control Paladin, Warrior and Ramp Druid on the side. Hell only class I'm not running is rogue as I'm really a control player and rogue just can't do control well compared to everyone else and has to rely on things like the old miracle rogue and the new sharp sword oil combo's that are showing up to really work well.

Also the whole Mech Mage thing was going to happen when you add in a card like Mech Warper and then lots of decent cheap mechs like snowchugger and annoy-o-tron and then give them Goblin Blastmage. Really I think Mech Warper needs some serious work as compared to Pint Sized summoner which is easier to kill and only does it once per turn and summoning portal which shows up on turn 3 at the earliest it's just to good with it also being a mech so the synergies there. Not really sure what to do with it though at the moment other then just removing it as other things I think of are either not enough or just kill it.

As for BGH you can thank Doctor Boom (also Handlock but not seeing it as much) for that. This is another card I think Blizzard needs to look at as there is a pretty good reason everyone runs him. Really all that needs to be done is make the boom bots attacks go anywhere not just the enemy that way you still get 9/9 for 7 but with the risk of the bombs possibly not going your way which also fits with the whole GVG theme.

Still favourite card at the moment is unstable portal. Want to see someone rage drop a turn 3 Cairn Bloodhoof on them and just grin... and then curse when the next one gives you a wisp.

#4 LoftyDog

LoftyDog

The Gloriest of Beards

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:15 PM

playing the RNG Mage turned up to 11

hope you like mad bombs and bullshit portals ;)

other than that i dabble in priest since thoughtsteal is the biggest f*** you card in the game, and warrior for funsies. Havent payed a single cent on this game so my cards arent too fantastic, but they'll do

Mustard Quartermaster is pretty bullshit. havent come across many pallys tho so im pretty grateful for that

hunters are an annoyance but thank f*** undertaker got nerfed

I love RNG stuff. - You seen this unstable portal play? I feel so bad for the guy - 

#5 LoftyDog

LoftyDog

The Gloriest of Beards

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:17 PM

Well a definite regular of Hearthstone.

Right now I'm mainly just mucking about with gimmick decks at the moment with my Yoink Priest deck, Demon Warlock, Deathrattle Hunter and Mass Damage Mage though have my standard control Paladin, Warrior and Ramp Druid on the side. Hell only class I'm not running is rogue as I'm really a control player and rogue just can't do control well compared to everyone else and has to rely on things like the old miracle rogue and the new sharp sword oil combo's that are showing up to really work well.

Also the whole Mech Mage thing was going to happen when you add in a card like Mech Warper and then lots of decent cheap mechs like snowchugger and annoy-o-tron and then give them Goblin Blastmage. Really I think Mech Warper needs some serious work as compared to Pint Sized summoner which is easier to kill and only does it once per turn and summoning portal which shows up on turn 3 at the earliest it's just to good with it also being a mech so the synergies there. Not really sure what to do with it though at the moment other then just removing it as other things I think of are either not enough or just kill it.

As for BGH you can thank Doctor Boom (also Handlock but not seeing it as much) for that. This is another card I think Blizzard needs to look at as there is a pretty good reason everyone runs him. Really all that needs to be done is make the boom bots attacks go anywhere not just the enemy that way you still get 9/9 for 7 but with the risk of the bombs possibly not going your way which also fits with the whole GVG theme.

Still favourite card at the moment is unstable portal. Want to see someone rage drop a turn 3 Cairn Bloodhoof on them and just grin... and then curse when the next one gives you a wisp.

Yeah mech warper could use something. Maybe making it like Pint sized where only the first minion is less or like summoning portal where they can't cost less than 1. 

As it stands now its a little nuts and the game basically ends on turn 2 if they draw right (unless you're a Shaman and have a lightening storm in hand and you roll high).

#6 darklordfoamy

darklordfoamy

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:29 PM

Yeah we'll see what happens though hopefully it doesn't take to long though you never know with these guys as they've been quick with some and quite slow with others but consdering how big a thing mech mage is they'll probably address it soon though I hope they don't go to overboard.

One thing that has been surprising me since GVG came out though is that Ysera seems to have completely vanished from almost all decks. I used to see her all the time but now I seem to be the only one who still has her around. I understand with shrinkmeister she is more vulnerable to priests but she's still as viable as ever vs everyone else. Might still just be people experimenting but it's one thing I've noticed while the old staples Rag, Slyvanas, Alex and the class specfic ones are still hanging around.

#7 LoftyDog

LoftyDog

The Gloriest of Beards

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:30 PM

Yeah we'll see what happens though hopefully it doesn't take to long though you never know with these guys as they've been quick with some and quite slow with others but consdering how big a thing mech mage is they'll probably address it soon though I hope they don't go to overboard.

One thing that has been surprising me since GVG came out though is that Ysera seems to have completely vanished from almost all decks. I used to see her all the time but now I seem to be the only one who still has her around. I understand with shrinkmeister she is more vulnerable to priests but she's still as viable as ever vs everyone else. Might still just be people experimenting but it's one thing I've noticed while the old staples Rag, Slyvanas, Alex and the class specfic ones are still hanging around.

I think it has more to do with Dr Boom and a few other new legendaries. Just not as much room for it. If high end control becomes a thing I think she might return but for most decks right now its just kind of a "win more" card.

#8 darklordfoamy

darklordfoamy

Posted 11 February 2015 - 04:44 PM

I suppose still I find her fun to use and you can just tell your opponent is going "what the hell did Ysera just give them" and watch them try to play around it. Still this is the mage deck I'm currently mucking about with.

2x Arcane Missile

2x Leper Gnome

2x Explosive Sheep

2x Flamecannon

2x Frost Bolt

2x Mad Bomber

2x Demolisher

2x Cone of Cold

2x Fireball

2x Abomination

2x Bomb Lobbers

2x Madder Bombers

2x Flamestrike

Baron Geddon

Flame Levithan

Ragnaros

Pyroblast

So yes not exactly competitive but damn fun to play with everything causing damage with a couple of them being more controllable then others. Rogues and Warlocks have the most problem against this deck just because of the amount of damage it can pump out so quickly if they can't deal with it. Hunters, Druids, Shamans and other mages it's sort if depends but tends to do okay though the shamans totems are a big pain in the ass. Warriors are weird if they can armour up quickly I usually have problems otherwise they tend to get to low and I finish them off okay. Priests and Pally's are it's biggest foes as with there healing affects and paladins spawning 1/1's constantly means I have trouble keeping them at a spot I safely deal with them.

Still funny to play though and best result so far was vs a Handlock. I'm on 9 have Rag on board, Madder Bomber, Frost Bolt and Flamestrike in hand. Warlock on 15 with Slyvanas on the board and god knows what in his hand. So know I'm pretty much in a shitty spot with Slyvanas on the field so decide to play madder bomber, 1 to rag, 1 to me, 1 to syl and 3 to the warlock. Seeing this I then go frostbolt and ping his face. 50/50 and Rag snipes the warlock and I win. Was quite satisfying.

#9 LoftyDog

LoftyDog

The Gloriest of Beards

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 07:01 AM

I suppose still I find her fun to use and you can just tell your opponent is going "what the hell did Ysera just give them" and watch them try to play around it. Still this is the mage deck I'm currently mucking about with.

2x Arcane Missile

2x Leper Gnome

2x Explosive Sheep

2x Flamecannon

2x Frost Bolt

2x Mad Bomber

2x Demolisher

2x Cone of Cold

2x Fireball

2x Abomination

2x Bomb Lobbers

2x Madder Bombers

2x Flamestrike

Baron Geddon

Flame Levithan

Ragnaros

Pyroblast

So yes not exactly competitive but damn fun to play with everything causing damage with a couple of them being more controllable then others. Rogues and Warlocks have the most problem against this deck just because of the amount of damage it can pump out so quickly if they can't deal with it. Hunters, Druids, Shamans and other mages it's sort if depends but tends to do okay though the shamans totems are a big pain in the ass. Warriors are weird if they can armour up quickly I usually have problems otherwise they tend to get to low and I finish them off okay. Priests and Pally's are it's biggest foes as with there healing affects and paladins spawning 1/1's constantly means I have trouble keeping them at a spot I safely deal with them.

Still funny to play though and best result so far was vs a Handlock. I'm on 9 have Rag on board, Madder Bomber, Frost Bolt and Flamestrike in hand. Warlock on 15 with Slyvanas on the board and god knows what in his hand. So know I'm pretty much in a shitty spot with Slyvanas on the field so decide to play madder bomber, 1 to rag, 1 to me, 1 to syl and 3 to the warlock. Seeing this I then go frostbolt and ping his face. 50/50 and Rag snipes the warlock and I win. Was quite satisfying.

That deck sounds like fun. Sadly I'm missing Baron, Pyro and Flame Leviathon.

This is what I'm running.

KtQrXvN.png

It has a Jaraxxus at the bottom that is cut off.

Good early game with the Chow, creepers and eggs. Often I can coin out an egg turn 1, drop a creeper turn 2 and make them think im playing zoo. Especially when I tap and Abusive seargent on turn 3 to activate the egg. Often the Nerubian will prompt my opponent to fireball or hex as they assume that is the biggest target they will see. BGH, power overwhelming + shadowflame for the large late game targets. Imp-Plosion + Stormwind Champion is an outrageous combo.

It's a lot of fun.

#10 darklordfoamy

darklordfoamy

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:30 AM

Interesting deck taking the effective things from Zoo to cover your early game and then hitting with the powerful things later on. Can see that being pretty effective. 

#11 Hellrend3r

Hellrend3r

GRIM ALLEN

• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Members
  • 5244 posts
  • Steam ID:Hentaimonsters
  • PSN:PollutedWomb
  • Xbox Live:Locust Shift

Posted 12 February 2015 - 09:39 AM

battle net IDs?

Skellington#1651

i'll be on tonight. haev a couple games and see who gets out-RNG'd the most

#12 darklordfoamy

darklordfoamy

Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:31 AM

My id drklordfoamy#6302.

#13 LoftyDog

LoftyDog

The Gloriest of Beards

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:01 AM

Interesting deck taking the effective things from Zoo to cover your early game and then hitting with the powerful things later on. Can see that being pretty effective. 

Basically. My favourite matches are against Mech Mage. They think im zoo. Turn 3 they empty their hand and play all their mechs. Turn 4 I hellfire clear their board and activate my eggs and creepers. Never gets old.

BeardedGlory#1417

Edited by LoftyDog, 12 February 2015 - 11:01 AM.

#14 Silvon

Silvon
  • Steam ID:Silvonvalar
  • PSN:Valarze

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:08 PM

I've been playing since the beta, I've been playing control warrior, a mid-range priest or control paladin recently.  

As far as the meta goes, I'd like it more if aggro wasn't so prevalent everywhere.  Druid hasn't changed in a long long time, neither has warlock which just gets old constantly playing against variations of the same thematic decks for those classes.  All the mech mages as people have mentioned are a little monotonous too lol, I don't really mind the BGH's, it's a card that's added in to specifically counter things (as people have mentioned) like Dr Boom, but it's also a dead card against a lot of current meta decks and decks that specifically play around it by adding 6 attack minions instead of 7+ attack minions. 

I enjoy the game a lot in constructed, I do a fair amount of arena too which I usually have a lot of fun with, great to play against combos that you rarely see in constructed, the variation is nice at least!  

#15 darklordfoamy

darklordfoamy

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:39 PM

Soooooo demon decks. Most of the time there pretty bad and even with the new cards they are still a bit dodgy. However I still like playing them and was mucking around with mine this evening and just had a game where this happened.

Malganis_rush.jpg

This is why you must always be careful when killing a voidcaller because you never know when a Malganis will pop out in front of you and the demons then top deck a doom guard.

#16 LoftyDog

LoftyDog

The Gloriest of Beards

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 08:53 AM

Soooooo demon decks. Most of the time there pretty bad and even with the new cards they are still a bit dodgy. However I still like playing them and was mucking around with mine this evening and just had a game where this happened.

Malganis_rush.jpg

This is why you must always be careful when killing a voidcaller because you never know when a Malganis will pop out in front of you and the demons then top deck a doom guard.

damn im jealous. Wish I had Mal'Ghanis.

#17 darklordfoamy

darklordfoamy

Posted 19 February 2015 - 09:33 AM

Yeah he's good though I usually find he only really works if called out by void caller. Actually playing him from hand is usually my turn and he tends to get dealt with easily by turn 9.

Still been experimenting with Death Hunter at the moment and been having some pretty interesting results with it.

2x Leper Gnome

2x Undertaker

2x Webspinner

2x Explosive Trap

2x Feign Death

2x Freezing Trap

2x Haunted Creeper

2x Loot Hoarder

2x Nerubian Egg

2x Harvest Golem

Baron Rivendare

2x Piloted Shredder

2x Sludge Belcher

Piloted Sky Golem

2x Savannah Highmane

Sylvanas Windrunner

Sneed's Old Shredder

So yes it's the death rattle gimmick but my own take on it. The traps are just there as a) some aoe and b) help deal with big things. Apart from that it follows the hunter tradition of just putting on constant pressure but also has the problem where every time you kill something I still got something back and with most of these it's another creature. I did some experimentation with Feugan and Stalagg as well as Cairn and another Sky Golem but found having the cheaper ones and constantly throwing out things does the job better.

#18 PandaJenkins

PandaJenkins

Otherwise known as 'Pandy Wandy'

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 6123 posts
  • Steam ID:Pandajenkees
  • PSN:Pandajenkins
  • Xbox Live:Panda Jenkins

Posted 21 February 2015 - 05:13 PM

I've tried to make a death rattle / mech hunter deck, it isn't too great though. It works sometimes though lol. Trying to make it better still. 

#19 LoftyDog

LoftyDog

The Gloriest of Beards

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 11:35 AM

I think the trick is to build a good deck with deathrattles and don't rely on feign death. Think of feign death as a way to gain extra value. Sure it can be fun to build a deck with it with the hopes of feigndeathing and the game essentially ending. The best results I have seen are a mid range sort of hunter with feign death worked in. No extra gimmicks.

#20 PandaJenkins

PandaJenkins

Otherwise known as 'Pandy Wandy'

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 6123 posts
  • Steam ID:Pandajenkees
  • PSN:Pandajenkins
  • Xbox Live:Panda Jenkins

Posted 23 February 2015 - 11:46 AM

Yea definitely. A lot of death rattle cards are good enough without it anyway. It just adds even more value. 

Found a flame leviathan last night so time to make yolo mage decks I guess.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hearthstone, blizzard, pc, mac, ipad, tablet, android, ftp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users