• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 terrigenas

terrigenas
  • Members
  • 38 posts
  • Wii:Wii U: Terrigenas

Posted 31 January 2015 - 04:26 PM

How many on here have been following this? I loved playing Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii and still turn it on from time to time now.
Found plenty of good reading on it here:
http://www.reddit.co...eeks_xenoblade/

I'm looking forward to this game just as much as Zelda. 2015 is going to be a great year for Wii U.

#2 XDDX

XDDX

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:34 PM

Really excited for this game. Have been following it closely and the last trailer was beautiful. This and Zelda in the same year is crazy but I hope they space out the releases far enough so we have enough time to enjoy them both.

#3 terrigenas

terrigenas
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 10:21 PM

Agreed. both will bebattling for my time. lol. im curious to find out more on zelda though. Nintendo loves to keep its cards close to thier chest.

#4 Silvon

Silvon
  • Steam ID:Silvonvalar
  • PSN:Valarze

Posted 01 February 2015 - 12:51 AM

This game looks extremely promising and I'm already decided on picking it up day one.  I played the first game and really loved it, so I'm expecting to enjoy this even more.

Even if it has a similar release window to Zelda, I'll pick up both and give both the time they deserve.  It won't be easy if I have to wait to play either though while I'm finishing off the other. :P

#5 terrigenas

terrigenas
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 06:35 AM

i can see myself jumping from on title to the other if they release close to each other. I got a feeling Zelda will be at the very end of the year. Xeno will be out in Japan very soon. So im hoping mid year for a English release.

#6 supermario

supermario

Hail Xenu!

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 9413 posts
  • Steam ID:BanalityDUFF

Posted 06 August 2015 - 10:23 PM

Xenoblade Chronicles is up on the eShop. Not sure what the NZD is for it but its only 26AUD and you get money off X  if you buy that off the eShop later (although they have announced special ed physical copies for X too).

#7 Silvon

Silvon

Posted 07 August 2015 - 06:53 PM

Xenoblade Chronicles is up on the eShop. Not sure what the NZD is for it but its only 26AUD and you get money off X  if you buy that off the eShop later (although they have announced special ed physical copies for X too).

I had a look last night, $34 NZD for the digital copy of Xenoblade Chronicles.  I thought about buying X digitally but I wouldn't mind that LE so I went ahead and pre-ordered it at EB today.  This is a game I know I'm going to get day one so I don't mind pre-ordering it.

The LE price at EB was $140 which I was told is a place holder at the moment, so not sure what it'll be officially.

Edited by Silvon, 07 August 2015 - 06:54 PM.

#8 supermario

supermario

Hail Xenu!

• Members
  • 9413 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 11:27 AM

A bit annoying they dont have a date locked in for it yet. We're in NZ from 19 dec so I dont want to preorder the LE in case its pushed back and I dont get it on time before we go away. Bleh.

Also annoying that Starfox doesnt have a set date yet. Seems weird to me that they dont have locked in dates with release so close.

I got  Chronicles for the WiiU and am enjoying playing it on the gamepad. Being trying to do some of the side-quests but from the looks of it lots of it is locked until almost the end of the game - such as fully upgrading Colony 6. Bit of a shame / pain.

#9 Silvon

Silvon

Posted 16 August 2015 - 01:33 AM

A bit annoying they dont have a date locked in for it yet. We're in NZ from 19 dec so I dont want to preorder the LE in case its pushed back and I dont get it on time before we go away. Bleh.

I know the official release date announced a couple of months ago for our region was the 4th of December, and I haven't heard any changes to that since.  I know EB doesn't have a date listed at least online, but I'm just going with December 4th until hear any different officially.  How long are you away for?  I'm pretty sure it would release before the 19th if it was going to release in December, otherwise it's completely missing the advantage of releasing early enough for increased sales due to Christmas.

#10 supermario

supermario

Hail Xenu!

• Members
  • 9413 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 02:14 PM

I know the official release date announced a couple of months ago for our region was the 4th of December, and I haven't heard any changes to that since.  I know EB doesn't have a date listed at least online, but I'm just going with December 4th until hear any different officially.  How long are you away for?  I'm pretty sure it would release before the 19th if it was going to release in December, otherwise it's completely missing the advantage of releasing early enough for increased sales due to Christmas.

we're in NZ for 4 weeks. yeah i knew the 4th was announced but given none of the websites that are selling have it confirmed im a bit up in the air about it. first week of december does seem to be the cutoff for release dates.

i dont actually know if i'll get the  LE since its just art books and stuff.might save the extra coin and grab Starfox as well when that comes out. wonder if starfox will slot in end of November or if the two games will launch together

#11 Jonathan-OverWorld

Jonathan-OverWorld
  • Steam ID:link_nz
  • PSN:LinkNZ
  • Wii:SW-4823-5180-3430 (Switch)
  • Xbox Live:Linkx NZ

Posted 17 August 2015 - 02:05 PM

I'm guessing Starfox (with Falco Amiibo!) will be Nov and Xenoblade will be Dec.

Dec 4th or 5th is pretty likely, I can't see them releasing it much later than the week after that (11-12th) at least.

#12 Silvon

Silvon

Posted 25 August 2015 - 03:02 AM

Also annoying that Starfox doesnt have a set date yet. Seems weird to me that they dont have locked in dates with release so close.dddd

Well looks like good news, just reading Nintendo announced this morning that Xenoblade Chronicles X will indeed be releasing on December 4th in both US and EU territories.  As for Starfox...

I'm guessing Starfox (with Falco Amiibo!) will be Nov and Xenoblade will be Dec.

Dec 4th or 5th is pretty likely, I can't see them releasing it much later than the week after that (11-12th) at least.

Looks like you were spot on, Starfox has been given a Nov 20th release date.  

#13 Jonathan-OverWorld

Jonathan-OverWorld

Posted 25 August 2015 - 02:11 PM

Sweet! Now to get a pre-order for the Xenoblade X LE locked in. :D

Edited by Jonathan-OverWorld, 25 August 2015 - 02:12 PM.

#14 xmorph

xmorph

Praise the Derp

• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • Steam ID:Xen0m0rph3
  • PSN:GingerLeopard
  • Wii:Xen0m0rph3
  • Xbox Live:Xen0m0rph3

Posted 22 October 2015 - 09:26 PM

Just pre-ordered (I never preorder xD - maybe only ever once before) this now for $79.99 (Australian Stock) from nzgameshop, was going to hold off until December but getting a really good payday next week so I decided why not order it now? Haven't played the original but have been watching gameplay videos and it looks bloody awesome :D

#15 terrigenas

terrigenas
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 07:47 AM

i still have not pre ordered.. might find some spare cash i cant wait to play this

#16 supermario

supermario

Hail Xenu!

• Members
  • 9413 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 12:25 AM

anyone else snag it?

played a little bit this evening (got to the big crashed spaceship). game is gorgeous, although finding it difficult to read anything on my TV (it's HD but only like 30 inch maybe), I guess these guys expect everyone to have huge ass TVs.

actually found the same with Xenoblade on Wii although not as extreme.

#17 Silvon

Silvon

Posted 06 December 2015 - 09:15 AM

anyone else snag it?

played a little bit this evening (got to the big crashed spaceship). game is gorgeous, although finding it difficult to read anything on my TV (it's HD but only like 30 inch maybe), I guess these guys expect everyone to have huge ass TVs.

actually found the same with Xenoblade on Wii although not as extreme.

Yeah I picked it up and have played a bit of it.  I'm currently just playing on a 24" TV and not finding it difficult to read anything.  Sometimes the UI can feel a little cluttered but that's about the only problem I've had with it.  

You're right though about the game being gorgeous, it's really the best looking Wii U game I've played and I'm really keen to play more of it because it feels like it's going to be a great game to get into as well.

Edited by Silvon, 06 December 2015 - 09:15 AM.

#18 xmorph

xmorph

Praise the Derp

• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • Steam ID:Xen0m0rph3
  • PSN:GingerLeopard
  • Wii:Xen0m0rph3
  • Xbox Live:Xen0m0rph3

Posted 06 December 2015 - 01:41 PM

Still waiting for my copy to arrive :( Should be any day now anyway seeing as it shipped on 1 December

#19 Jonathan-OverWorld

Jonathan-OverWorld

Posted 07 December 2015 - 12:33 PM

The scope of the game is so amazing. :o

Monolith Soft. :wub:

#20 AdamC

AdamC
  • Steam ID:LygerReach
  • PSN:JadamCrt

Posted 07 December 2015 - 02:07 PM

Stand alone stories for this or best to play them All?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users