Illmatic

[NZGR]

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 6262 posts
  • PSN:Stillmatic
  • Xbox Live:Stilmatik

Posted 20 November 2014 - 02:49 PM

Actually can you put me on the reserve list, JD? I'm not 100% I can get online Sat night, if I do get on I'll flick you a message and check if you still need someone.

#22 JDogg

JDogg

[NZGR]

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4869 posts
  • PSN:JorDogg

Posted 20 November 2014 - 03:11 PM

Will do

#23 argsy

argsy

aka Mr Grumpy

• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Members
  • 2010 posts
  • Steam ID:argsy_nz
  • PSN:argsy

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:03 AM

Managed to get my Warlock to Lvl 28 last night so should help take a bit more damage, hopefully no 1 shots from Hobgoblins now!

#24 JDogg

JDogg

[NZGR]

• Members
  • 4869 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:45 AM

Got you on the Reserves now Stillmatic

Actually can you put me on the reserve list, JD? I'm not 100% I can get online Sat night, if I do get on I'll flick you a message and check if you still need someone.

Moved you up into the team if you are still keen Atomichicken?

Sheesh the team filled up fast, put me on as a reserve then...  I can probably drag myself away from Iron Banner this weekend....

#25 JDogg

JDogg

[NZGR]

• Members
  • 4869 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:47 AM

Managed to get my Warlock to Lvl 28 last night so should help take a bit more damage, hopefully no 1 shots from Hobgoblins now!

Nice work, I managed to get up special sniper two upgrades away from maxed out so hopefully that should help, now have maxed out primary and heavy and almost maxed out sniper! just need 12 more Ascendent Energys!

#26 birdman

birdman

[NZGR]

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4129 posts
  • PSN:quackdog

Posted 21 November 2014 - 11:08 AM

Nice work, I managed to get up special sniper two upgrades away from maxed out so hopefully that should help, now have maxed out primary and heavy and almost maxed out sniper! just need 12 more Ascendent Energys!

Nice, I've got Energy coming out my ears but I need shards for my armour! Did two public events last night where I soloed most of the event and ended up with no rewards yet others that joined late get shards FUUUUU!

#27 JDogg

JDogg

[NZGR]

• Members
  • 4869 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 11:10 AM

Nice, I've got Energy coming out my ears but I need shards for my armour! Did two public events last night where I soloed most of the event and ended up with no rewards yet others that joined late get shards FUUUUU!

You only get what you dont need, I have over 20 Shards, yet dont need them yet. I have 0 Energy yet have weapons coming out of my Ahole that need upgrading! Every time I get rewarded with Shards! lol

#28 birdman

birdman

[NZGR]

• Members
  • 4129 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 11:15 AM

You only get what you dont need, I have over 20 Shards, yet dont need them yet. I have 0 Energy yet have weapons coming out of my Ahole that need upgrading! Every time I get rewarded with Shards! lol

Yeah you can't win! I need 74-92 shards to fully upgrade all of my exotic and legendary armour - I have a whopping 4!

#29 argsy

argsy

aka Mr Grumpy

• Members
  • 2010 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 11:40 AM

wait until you've done the raid and all you get is shards and energy, then you'll be crying out for armour and weapons! This is the game that keeps giving without actually giving!

#30 Altom905

Altom905
  • PSN:altom14

Posted 21 November 2014 - 03:18 PM

Cool, 3 virgins :wub:  and 3 seasoned vets  :king:   should make a good mix!

I can hear the 3 seasoned vets grinding their teeth now!

Would I be better off with a void legendary shotgun (dumb cause I have to run out and get in close) or a arch legendary sniper so I can sit back in safety? Is the buff on void worth the risk of getting up close and personal?

I hope experienced guys are going to buddy up with each of the newbies, so they can take the shields down when needed, regarding your question, shotguns wouldn't be recommended, get a fusion rifle along with sniper rifle.
If you are lucky enough to go in the middle steps on the Templar you are basically firing non stop till the a parts over, so if you have a second breather check and reload all you guns.
Once the snipers are in place, don't stand still as lvl 27s go down after a couple of shots.

Enjoy it is a lot of fun, and will take a bit to get use to.
Don't worry about picking up the relic, as I'm sure spawn has his finger on the square button the whole game , just to get hold of it :)

#31 JDogg

JDogg

[NZGR]

• Members
  • 4869 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:29 PM

Haha yeah thanks for the advice man, yeah maybe we should quickly jump into a party chat before hand and try to split a noob (me) with some people who have done it before for help? Think GEO has done it once now and said the hardest part is finding your bearings and knowing what to do and when.

Edited by JDogg, 21 November 2014 - 05:30 PM.

#32 SpawnSeekSlay

SpawnSeekSlay

Filthy Casual Console Peasant

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1400 posts
  • Steam ID:SpawnSeekSlay
  • PSN:SpawnSeekSlay

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:04 PM

Wife has just surprised me saying we are going to her folks for dinner tomorrow night. Will be back before 10pm, so should be all good.

#33 JDogg

JDogg

[NZGR]

• Members
  • 4869 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:38 PM

Fingers crossed but don't rush the wife just for a raid lol

#34 atomichicken

atomichicken
  • PSN:atomichicken

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:30 AM

Haha yeah thanks for the advice man, yeah maybe we should quickly jump into a party chat before hand and try to split a noob (me) with some people who have done it before for help? Think GEO has done it once now and said the hardest part is finding your bearings and knowing what to do and when.

You will be sick of me explaining everything in detail by the end of the night ;)

#35 JDogg

JDogg

[NZGR]

• Members
  • 4869 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 11:31 AM

Naw I love that sh*t!

#36 birdman

birdman

[NZGR]

• Members
  • 4129 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:57 PM

Advice for tonight please, should I go with a purple hand cannon, purple scout rifle, exotic scout rifle, or blue auto rifle for my primary? sunsinger or Voidwalker?

#37 JDogg

JDogg

[NZGR]

• Members
  • 4869 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:04 PM

Which ever is upgraded the most I would suspect and whichever you are most effective with. I'm using my fully upgraded purple autorifle, doing 300 damage for example

#38 argsy

argsy

aka Mr Grumpy

• Members
  • 2010 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 08:37 PM

Void damage weapons are best, mainly to take out the pratorians though. Higher the damage the better. Best thing for warlock is probably the self revive super, sun singer I think? (Which I don't have yet, doh!)

Oops, just re read, primary I use any auto rifle, but as JD said, which ever is ranked highest and you feel most comfortable using.

#39 argsy

argsy

aka Mr Grumpy

• Members
  • 2010 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 08:39 PM

And make sure you have a few ammo packs with you, ammo drops can be few and you will find a reason to use them

#40 birdman

birdman

[NZGR]

• Members
  • 4129 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 12:22 AM

That was so much fun guys, thanks for being such great tour guides! Sorry I went AWOL at the very end, had a fire truck incident to attend to and the wife wasn't impressed. Just finished washing all the daughters bed stuff now!

Got no armour drops but ended up with a Found Verdict, Ice Breaker, Vision of Confluence, and Plan C. Also got a legendary ship and a bunch of ascendant energy!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Raid, PS4, Destiny, normal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users