Halo Master Chief Collection

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jtbthatsme

jtbthatsme
  • Steam ID:jtbthatsme
  • Xbox Live:HOLY GUACAM0LE

Posted 18 October 2014 - 09:00 AM

So It's been announced that Halo Master Chief Collection will be available for digital preorder and preload from today.  Taking a direct quote from the announcement is the below and it's not great reading....

From the start, our philosophy has been to give Halo fans the best possible experience and not compromise the quality or features of the collection. The result is that Halo: The Master Chief Collection will take up almost all of the usable space of a single Blu-ray (45 GB), and we will also issue a content update at launch that is estimated to be 20 GB. You’ll be able to start playing Campaign and more as the content is installing, with some features and multiplayer content being added via the update. Yes, the update is large, but we weren’t about to cut corners to save disc space. This ensures that you are getting every bit of Halo goodness we can fit in. Our work is not done, however, as we continue to tune, tweak and optimize the online experience to ensure a smooth multiplayer launch. This will continue right up until launch day.

Now don't get me wrong I am so getting this digitally and have no problems with a preload of the initial game at 45gig but it's a big WTF on the near 20 gig they will have as a release day patch.  It's like they're saying your disk is going to be the campaign and your going to download the rest.

This is going to really stuff up midnight releases as who is going to want to go home and wait for another 20 gig to download before jamming out what will be undoubtedly the biggest multplayer experience that's ever been released (by this I mean 100+ maps not games that randomly create their maps or rely on user created content).

Yes I am fully aware that it isn't necessary to wait for the whole patch to download before things will become available but that patch is huge and with them also stating the Spartan Op's missions not being available until December this games likely to be taking up over 15% of your Xbox's hard drive.

Soo in saying this there's now a argument for potentially forgoing buying on another market so that at Midnight you can start the patching process and wake up to a game good and ready to play. I for one won't do the above due to budgetary restraints but would think others will possibly do this.

What's everyone's thoughts on this???

#2 hairyfil

hairyfil

Posted 18 October 2014 - 11:16 AM

Personally I don't have an issue with it at all. I'm just really excited that we'll have our hands on this very soon.

I understand that for some people a 20GB download could be a large chunk out of their monthly cap so an upgrade may be in order. Large cap & unlimited cap plans are quite common these days without breaking the bank.

20GB will take a fair amount of time to download for those on ADSL but at least you can still play the game while waiting on the download to complete.

If multi-player is your thing, and that isn't available till the patch is installed, the it would appear that some patience will be required. A week on though, that delay in gratification will be soon forgotten.

Anyone else impressed at how much content there is for this title? 

cheers

Phil

#3 jtbthatsme

jtbthatsme
  • Steam ID:jtbthatsme
  • Xbox Live:HOLY GUACAM0LE

Posted 18 October 2014 - 02:11 PM

For me the amount of content was the defining reason as to why I'm getting the game/s I've played the death out of all 4 Halo games included in this and probably twice as much time as those on Halo Reach (recently checked and found over 45 days of game time on Reach).

100 + multiplayer maps plus four lengthy campaigns all for $75 to $120 depending on where you buy it's a great deal of game for your money regardless of the price you've paid.  Probably the best part is for 90% of people they know what they're getting here and unlike a lot of other games you know this is good.

#4 ninja

ninja

Kill or be killed

• NZGamer.com VIP Silver VIP

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • Steam ID:dijit666
  • PSN:sacredNinja666
  • Xbox Live:scaredNinja360

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:58 AM

Ah dam Microsoft, knew they would get me to buy an Xbox One some how!!!

#5 ninja

ninja

Kill or be killed

• NZGamer.com VIP Silver VIP

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • Steam ID:dijit666
  • PSN:sacredNinja666
  • Xbox Live:scaredNinja360

Posted 04 August 2015 - 10:10 AM

and they did!! dont regret it haha

#6 Meanvision

Meanvision
  • Steam ID:Meanvision
  • PSN:Meanvision
  • Xbox Live:Meanvision

Posted 17 August 2015 - 09:18 PM

and they did!! dont regret it haha

Halo is great value, I've just managed to finish all of them again in co op. And there's so many multiplayer modes

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo, Master Chief Collection

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users