#41 Killjoy

Killjoy

life is killing me👌

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 2395 posts
  • Steam ID:Killjoy1690

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:23 PM

I know this is a bit late but as I'm new here I'll be a bit cheeky and talk about the MotoGP races at the end of last year, hopefully I'm not the only one who enjoys motorbike racing here.  I watched every race and it was great to see the Marquez bros win both titles, Marc steamrolled the competition but Alex had a tougher time.

Jerk Miller showed his true colours once again throwing temper tantrums and sulking which was kind of funny, especially considering he was the one who made a habit of recklessly smashing into other riders.  Someone should tell him it's supposed to be a non contact sport, anyway I'm really looking forward to this years Moto series.  Alex Marquez will give the Moto2 boys a run for their money and Miller will be destroyed in MotoGP by the Rossi and the other pros, it's gonna be interesting.

Not the only one, no.

Just watched 'TT: Closer To The Edge' again last night... Guy Martin is a f***ing legend, love that boy. Such a Kiwi in the wrong country.

The TT, now THAT's an extreme race!!! road racing takes it to a whole new level, seeing those boys go through at over 300km/h with literarily 2cm between their head & a stone wall... nail biting to say the least

Oh nice I watched that a week ago, yea man the TT is scarey stuff.  I'd happily give my right nut to get a current gen TT game that doesn't suck.

I just want a bike game that doesn't suck... Last decent bike game was actually Tourist Trophy back on the PS2 from Polyphony Digital & even that was more tech demo than game, they were considering adding bikes to GT which obviously never eventuated; but they did do a decent job of getting the bikes to perform right.

Hell yea they got the speed right on that game, strange how times have changed and technology has advanced so much yet they still can't seem to make a great bike game.  They seem to either go too slow, the handling is way off or it sounds like a lawn mower running out of petrol.  Milestone needs to step aside and give someone else a shot at the MotoGP games.

#42 MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan
  • Steam ID:Monkeyman_707
  • PSN:Monkeyman_707
  • Xbox Live:MonkeyManRacing

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:25 PM

Yay some other people using this thread/enjoying motorsport :D

So sad to see loeb crash, was looking like a good battle until then. So boring seeing another vw lock out (ogier and latvala are my fav current drivers though lol).

Interesting to hear milestone are doing a non official game. Ill probs get both that and the official one cus im obsessed. Will be interesting to compare.
Where do you even find this information out though? I never see any news about this sort of stuff

Edited by MonkeyMan, 26 January 2015 - 07:26 PM.

#43 Scuba_Steve

Scuba_Steve

Gods Evil Twin

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 5965 posts
  • Steam ID:psychomonkey69
  • PSN:PsychoMonkey
  • Wii:ScubaSteve
  • Xbox Live:Psycho Obezyana

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:57 PM

Interesting to hear milestone are doing a non official game. Ill probs get both that and the official one cus im obsessed. Will be interesting to compare.
Where do you even find this information out though? I never see any news about this sort of stuff

Googley... Googley knows everything (but won't tell you somethings)

#44 MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:26 PM

Googley... Googley knows everything (but won't tell you somethings)

Oh boy its next gen, god damn it may be time to upgrade (although this hardly seems like the kinda game to go next gen for :P )

Also i have found out about fantasy wrc, I totally think it is awesome and have spent far too much time thinking about who should be on my team.

Seems they also do f1 and v8's etc so will be cool to play those also

#45 Scuba_Steve

Scuba_Steve

Gods Evil Twin

• Members
  • 5965 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 07:00 PM

Ya know what I miss in the WRC type games like Colin McRae (when it was still a thing)... Goddam New Zealand!!! Best f***ing course in the game & it's missing from most editions

#46 bradleycampbell

bradleycampbell

Vroooooom

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 1083 posts
  • Steam ID:redknightnz81

Posted 27 January 2015 - 07:27 PM

Prob cos NZ hasn't been on the WRC since 2012, but yeah. Lack of NZ is a bit disappointing.

Hayden Paddon was a driver in the last game in WRC2 category if I remember rightly though.

Edited by bradleycampbell, 27 January 2015 - 07:39 PM.

#47 MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan

Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:32 PM

Old rally games are awesome (rose tinted glasses and all that).

NZ is of course awesome, they always say how good it is when the wrc does come here but i guess they dont make much money from it. I believe it's coming back next year though :D

Also of course Hadden Padden was in the game he was rallying in real life when it was made :P (what a legend) Should be in the fully fledged wrc in the next game :D

#48 MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan

Posted 14 February 2015 - 02:17 PM

Hadden Paddon is doing bloody well which is always good to see. Rallying in the snow must be so hard.

Also the V8's will be back soon which is always exciting

#49 Scuba_Steve

Scuba_Steve

Gods Evil Twin

• Members
  • 5965 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 04:44 PM

Hadden Paddon is doing bloody well which is always good to see. Rallying in the snow must be so hard.

Also the V8's will be back soon which is always exciting

I still find the V8s to be a grandma division of the touring cars.

#50 Scuba_Steve

Scuba_Steve

Gods Evil Twin

• Members
  • 5965 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 06:21 PM

Went to Deadwood Safari today aka Round 5 of the National 4×4 trials competition... Pretty awesome to say the least 

one of the courses was abandoned, which was a massive shame as it looked to be one of them better ones to watch; & someone lost a wheel on 1 of the courses but was an awesome day out (bit sunburned now) lots of skill on show, controlling those things isn't an easy feat.

Best thing about this event is it's a bit old skool... Unlike what the rallys have become you can still go almost anywhere at this event getting right up by the action, you're not forced to stand 20m back or behind a protective fence, safety is primarily your responsibility not theirs, as it should be! 

#51 MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan

Posted 11 March 2015 - 01:16 PM

^^ Wicked

agree with the safety thing, I watched some of the targa rally last weekend and as it's just on a normal road you can walk wherever, so we did and it was great. However it was a little concerning when some old guys walked past on the road, not really too worried, and nearly got hit by a safety car (which was going rather fast)

Also the WRC had some crazy crashes in mexico. One guy rolled into a lake and his car sank, thankfully he got out quick smart. And another guy ripped a wheel off his car and just kept going, only to be told at the end of the stage he couldn't drive a 3 wheeled car on the open road. Unfortunate for hadden paddon but I kinda saw it coming with all his talk of being able to push on the gravel, trying to go fast always leads to more mistakes.

#52 MAC_HATER

MAC_HATER
  • Steam ID:MAC_HATER
  • Xbox Live:MAC HAT3R

Posted 11 March 2015 - 01:48 PM

And another guy ripped a wheel off his car and just kept going, only to be told at the end of the stage he couldn't drive a 3 wheeled car on the open road.

Thats a bit rough haha, He should have gotten extra points for sheer tenacity!

Edited by MAC_HATER, 11 March 2015 - 01:49 PM.

#53 YobboNZ

YobboNZ

Punk's not dead.

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 656 posts
  • Steam ID:Yobbo NZ
  • PSN:Yobbo_NZ
  • Xbox Live:Yobbo NZ

Posted 11 March 2015 - 01:53 PM

And another guy ripped a wheel off his car and just kept going, only to be told at the end of the stage he couldn't drive a 3 wheeled car on the open road.

Thats a bit rough haha, He should have gotten extra points for sheer tenacity!

Happened years ago at Rally NZ.

Driver got ticketed,but carried on.I think they got in a lot of trouble over that one.

Even a normal rally,if you get a speeding ticket or infringement,you have to tell the organisers and it's up to them as to wether you get excluded.

#54 Scuba_Steve

Scuba_Steve

Gods Evil Twin

• Members
  • 5965 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 02:32 PM

At the 4WD event there were a couple guys (incl the one that lost the wheel) which would line up at the start, roll over the line then back out...

This looked strange at 1st but when 1 of the drivers explained they did this to stay in the game as if you don't show to an event you're considered out, so by crossing the line they're recorded as having "competed" even if they get no points & never really entered the event; then they fixed their cars at lunch & were able to complete the 2nd half.

#55 MAC_HATER

MAC_HATER

Posted 11 March 2015 - 03:35 PM

Thats... actually pretty cool haha, sure the spectators get a bit puzzled, but the books will show a Did-Not-Finish as opposed to a Did-Not-Start, and it would keep them in the game like you said

#56 Scuba_Steve

Scuba_Steve

Gods Evil Twin

• Members
  • 5965 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 04:20 PM

Thats... actually pretty cool haha, sure the spectators get a bit puzzled, but the books will show a Did-Not-Finish as opposed to a Did-Not-Start, and it would keep them in the game like you said

Yea, it helped alot too that you can actually get right up there & talk with the competitors hence how we found out what was going on

#57 Scuba_Steve

Scuba_Steve

Gods Evil Twin

• Members
  • 5965 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 07:24 AM

Some of you might get a laugh

11072534_10155364244665112_8251210562748

#58 Goonertron

Goonertron
  • PSN:KiwiGooner13
  • Xbox Live:GoonerTR0N

Posted 18 March 2015 - 10:49 AM

Did anyone else watch the Formula E race? Bloody stupid swerve by Prost cutting Heidfeld off coming up to the last corner of the race... Glad to see he's okay, could've been much much worse

http://gfycat.com/Re...icHypacrosaurus

As in Sennas rival? He still racing?

#59 MAC_HATER

MAC_HATER

Posted 18 March 2015 - 01:11 PM

Nicolas Prost, His son even ;)

sounds like his dad though haha

also Re Honda pic, that is good laugh, but that new Turbo Type R is looking quite feral haha, im keeping an eye on it for sure

Edited by MAC_HATER, 18 March 2015 - 01:11 PM.

#60 womz

womz
  • Steam ID:womzz
  • Xbox Live:Womz

Posted 18 March 2015 - 02:12 PM

Some of you might get a laugh

11072534_10155364244665112_8251210562748

Vtec 4 lyf yo

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Monkeys, Motorsport, racing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users