#41 nimrod76

nimrod76

Arse Hat

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Tester
  • 19913 posts
  • PSN:Nimrod76

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:45 PM

Either way there is many things that could be done that don't require embarrassing an innocent customer.

Guilty until proven innocent according to some....

That's the way the Police work

Police and supermarket staff.

#42 Scuba_Steve

Scuba_Steve

Gods Evil Twin

• Members
  • 5921 posts
  • Steam ID:psychomonkey69
  • PSN:PsychoMonkey
  • Wii:ScubaSteve
  • Xbox Live:Psycho Obezyana

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:01 PM

Either way there is many things that could be done that don't require embarrassing an innocent customer.

Insurance & the legal system too

#43 nimrod76

nimrod76

Arse Hat

• Tester
  • 19913 posts
  • PSN:Nimrod76

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:31 PM

Unless you're part of that legal system, or the government.

#44 Scuba_Steve

Scuba_Steve

Gods Evil Twin

• Members
  • 5921 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:53 PM

Unless you're part of that legal system, or the government.

True then it's "innocent" despite being guilty

Edited by Scuba_Steve, 01 August 2014 - 07:53 PM.

#45 Toddyno7

Toddyno7
  • PSN:Toddyno7

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:41 PM

Rape accused would have to prove consent under Labour plan

#46 xmorph

xmorph

Praise the Derp

• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • Steam ID:Xen0m0rph3
  • PSN:GingerLeopard
  • Wii:Xen0m0rph3
  • Xbox Live:Xen0m0rph3

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:07 PM

Well does she expect... looking like that?

To be treated equally and fairly and not be accused of a crime she didn't commit?

If she didn't look like a dodgy hoodlum with piercings they wouldn't have looked twice.

That doesn't define a shoplifter at all. At my work we have a wall of shame in the staff room with a bunch of shoplifters and or trespassed customers and there isn't one specific type of person on that wall. There's people aged from around 13 to 65ish and of different ethnicities so you shouldn't judge her just by her appearance.

And to be honest they shouldn't have stopped her until they actually had proof and she'd tried to leave the premesis.

#47 Scuba_Steve

Scuba_Steve

Gods Evil Twin

• Members
  • 5921 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:49 AM

And to be honest they shouldn't have stopped her until they actually had proof and she'd tried to leave the premesis.

Especially that last bit, it aint stolen until it's left the shop. This was constantly reinforced to us when I was retail, even if they low key put it in their pocket you can't do anything until they try to leave the store without paying as it's fully legit (legal wise) to pocket something to carry as long as you pay before leaving

#48 Gonzala

Gonzala
  • PSN:Gonzala137

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:19 PM

Air New Zealand crew got so drunk in Hawaii that they were unfit to work the next day. An engineering issue had temporarily grounded the plane, but if it was cleared for take-off there would be no suitable crew available. 

This is completely unacceptable and against company policy. Would you feel safe with intoxicated crew members on board?

https://nz.totaltrav...ly-from-hawaii/

#49 Byskyre

Byskyre
  • Steam ID:Muntey

Posted 02 August 2014 - 02:45 PM

Maybe they knew it wasn't going to be cleared for take off. I don't know, I wasn't there.

#50 Gonzala

Gonzala

Posted 02 August 2014 - 02:58 PM

Maybe they knew it wasn't going to be cleared for take off. I don't know, I wasn't there.

If you were the CEO of ANZ, would you fire them or give them a written warning?

#51 acedumbunny

acedumbunny

For science.

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 3463 posts
  • Steam ID:Acedumbunny
  • PSN:Acedumbunny
  • Xbox Live:Acedumbunny

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:21 PM

ANZ is a bank, so how could the CEO couldn't fire the staff. The CEO of Air New Zealand on the other hand...

It really depends on what caused the plane to be grounded and how long that problem usually takes to fix. Also, if there are any rules/regulations about drinking in that situation. Too many unknown variables for me to judge.

#52 djkicks

djkicks

Misa <3

• Tester
  • 11078 posts
  • Steam ID:ProfessorKicks
  • Xbox Live:Chalcopyrite

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:19 PM

I love acting dodgy in shops for the lulz. I usually only do it when I'm about to buy something really expensive. They watch me for a while then ask "can i help you? "yeah I wanna buy this expensive thing!"

I guess Gonzala only thinks its ok to steal if you're a big fat rich white guy on the internet like Kim.com

I support the right to share music and movies for free.

#53 Gonzala

Gonzala

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:21 PM

Far out... how evil is this?! Should kick this guy off the edge of the Grand Canyon!  :angry2:

http://www.dailymail...-kicks-off.html

#54 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

What happened? How did I get here?

• Members
  • 10694 posts
  • PSN:drunk_monk_13
  • Xbox Live:drunkmonk37

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:34 PM

It really does depend. The plane was grounded due to an engineering issue. If that plane wouldn't be able to take off for at least 24 hours and there was no chance another would be ready then what is your problem with them drinking.

Depending on the circumstances that may warrant being fired or being slapped on the wrist.

#55 CoffeeAddict

CoffeeAddict

Undeniably Caffienated.

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 2218 posts
  • PSN:DocChrisNZ

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:56 PM

It really does depend. The plane was grounded due to an engineering issue. If that plane wouldn't be able to take off for at least 24 hours and there was no chance another would be ready then what is your problem with them drinking.

Depending on the circumstances that may warrant being fired or being slapped on the wrist.

The difficulty with this is that if they went out on the lash because they knew there was no chance the following morning that they would have to fly then the passengers should also have been made aware that there was no chance the plane was going to take off.

If they were unaware and ended up spending the following day in the airport waiting hours for a flight that wasn't coming then i'm not surprised they would be pissed off. 

So either

A - Air New Zealand was in the wrong and didn't communicate with the passengers and should apologise.

B - The aircrew were in the wrong to go out on the piss, may have delayed the plane and should be reprimanded.

C - The plane truly was delayed by the mechanical issue and no-one got pissed. The whole thing is blown out of proportion by press and pissed off passengers.

#56 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

• Members
  • 10694 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:31 PM

The difficulty with this is that if they went out on the lash because they knew there was no chance the following morning that they would have to fly then the passengers should also have been made aware that there was no chance the plane was going to take off.

If they were unaware and ended up spending the following day in the airport waiting hours for a flight that wasn't coming then i'm not surprised they would be pissed off.

So either
A - Air New Zealand was in the wrong and didn't communicate with the passengers and should apologise.
B - The aircrew were in the wrong to go out on the piss, may have delayed the plane and should be reprimanded.
C - The plane truly was delayed by the mechanical issue and no-one got pissed. The whole thing is blown out of proportion by press and pissed off passengers.

My thoughts exactly.

#57 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

• Members
  • 10694 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:27 AM

http://www.stuff.co....rtisements.html

This is interesting, I don't think there is an issue with Sky pulling the ad as it does create direct competition for them, they dont want to advertise competition so I have no issue with that.

Its their comments that f*** me off.  Technically it is accessing the content illegally BUT it does kind of feel like they are trying to point out the "illegality" of it too much, trying to keep their monopoly in NZ as strong as possible.

To me it seems like the whole thing is based on old laws blocking people from wanting to pay for services.  If people could access this kind of content easier then a lot of Piracy would drop in use.

This to me is the same as youshop.

A company cant ship outside the US.  So NZ post gets it in the US and sends it to yourself.

A company cant provide content outside the US.  So Slingshot gets it in the US and sends it to yourself (digitally).

#58 MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan
  • Steam ID:Monkeyman_707
  • PSN:Monkeyman_707
  • Xbox Live:MonkeyManRacing

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:39 AM

http://www.stuff.co....rtisements.html

This is interesting, I don't think there is an issue with Sky pulling the ad as it does create direct competition for them, they dont want to advertise competition so I have no issue with that.

Its their comments that f*** me off. Technically it is accessing the content illegally BUT it does kind of feel like they are trying to point out the "illegality" of it too much, trying to keep their monopoly in NZ as strong as possible.

To me it seems like the whole thing is based on old laws blocking people from wanting to pay for services. If people could access this kind of content easier then a lot of Piracy would drop in use.

This to me is the same as youshop.
A company cant ship outside the US. So NZ post gets it in the US and sends it to yourself.
A company cant provide content outside the US. So Slingshot gets it in the US and sends it to yourself (digitally).

If its illegal then im happy for them to stress that its illegal as much as they like
Im sick of people illegally downloading stuff then claiming crap excuses like "if it was available here the same time as usa..." or "ill pay for it if I like it"

#59 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

• Members
  • 10694 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:31 AM

Yea I kinda agree...ish.  But as I say its the same as youshop.

Its not "ill pay for it if I like it" though, its literally just allowing you to access US resources and other countries, People still have to pay for said services.

#60 Chris Redfield

Chris Redfield

Don't stop now I am make cumming.

• Members
  • 18074 posts
  • Steam ID:Nims_is_te_Man
  • Wii:666
  • Xbox Live:lol nah

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:39 AM

f*** SkyTv. 

Anything that helps to weaken their bullshit monopoly is cool by me. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users