Minister of Sinister

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 8378 posts
  • Steam ID:ZombieRawkMachine
  • PSN:ZombieRwkMachine
  • Xbox Live:DrSinIsIn

Posted 19 October 2017 - 11:04 PM

I have a thing for Melissa Davies. Also Wintson is crack up with his long speech no one listened to.

Had to go to a conference in which we had to listen to Winston and Andrew Little. Andrew Little so was wishy washy that he changed his mind on topics several times depending where the questions we asked lead him. So there was a group of us at the back who were just like lets f*** with him.

Then when Winnie came on we just made out like everything he said was golden and on point which lead to his ego surging and it was like he thought he was a f***ing king. Then when he asked us who we all voted for the previous election and everyone was like we didn't cause there was no point. He got so intense and saying we were the problem but it wasn't our fault.

#1282 mvon007

mvon007

Ex Forza Whore

• Members
  • 4416 posts
  • Steam ID:mvon007
  • PSN:mvon007
  • Xbox Live:mvon007

Posted 20 October 2017 - 08:10 AM

It wasn't your fault? Something physically prevented you from voting?

Winston last night was amazing, talking for ~10 minutes without saying anything at all, for the simple punchline we were all waiting on. Such a skill, and it seems to permeate (although that's not quite the right word) the right to a large extent.

It is going to be exciting to see what happens now. Could we actually be on the right track for a change? A lesson for the rest of the world of late perhaps.

#1283 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

What happened? How did I get here?

• Members
  • 10980 posts
  • PSN:drunk_monk_13
  • Xbox Live:drunkmonk37

Posted 20 October 2017 - 08:37 AM

I didn't watch because I thought there was a 90% chance he was going to announce he would decide next week or something.

#1284 djkicks

djkicks

Misa <3

• Tester
  • 11164 posts
  • Steam ID:ProfessorKicks
  • Xbox Live:Chalcopyrite

Posted 20 October 2017 - 10:08 AM

If i was winston id have walked up to the mic said "labour" and walked off with out answering any questions. Get into my car and go to the pub for a beer and watch the news on the tv.

#1285 163Battery

163Battery
  • Xbox Live:garybeamsley

Posted 20 October 2017 - 10:18 AM

If i was winston id have walked up to the mic said "labour" and walked off with out answering any questions. Get into my car and go to the pub for a beer and watch the news on the tv.

And miss stretching out his time where he has everyone's attention? No way!

#1286 Dodgykiwi

Dodgykiwi

Decal King

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1816 posts
  • Steam ID:dodgykiwi
  • PSN:Dodgy Kiwi
  • Xbox Live:Dodgy Kiwi

Posted 20 October 2017 - 10:50 AM

I posted a status on my Facebook shooting down the latest government and what a joke we look like to the rest of the world.  Will be interesting to see what type of responses I get.

#1287 Unfathomable-Ruination

Unfathomable-Ruination

Trophy Hunter Extraordinaire

• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1231 posts
  • PSN:SecondGenesis
  • Xbox Live:GoreFlame

Posted 20 October 2017 - 11:09 AM

I do like all the salty Nat supporters on my FB feed though :)

#1288 163Battery

163Battery

Posted 20 October 2017 - 11:38 AM

I would say I am cautiously optimistic about the new government. The result is not what I wanted. I'm a National supporter. I think things weren't perfect under National but they were doing a good job on the whole. But maybe change is good? Maybe this will be good for New Zealand as a whole? Only time can tell.

I do feel for National and Bill English though. To get the result they did and still not be the government must be hard to take. And for Bill English to have led the party to the disastrous showing in 2002 and to have well and truly redeemed himself with the 2017 result - and wind up in Opposition anyway - must be really hard to take.

I feel for the Greens too. I heard the expression that Labour was given a blank cheque to negotiate on their behalf. And after all the years of support that they have given Labour they are shut out of the official coalition? This is what they get for doing the hard yards? The power that New Zealand First have been given compared to what has been given to the Greens is completely out of whack. They have put a brave face on it but I bet there are some in the party who feel betrayed. They will suck it up and make the best of it but wow.

#1289 sassydot

sassydot

Queen of Forza

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Gaming Night Host
  • 3878 posts
  • Steam ID:sassydot
  • Xbox Live:sassydot

Posted 20 October 2017 - 12:00 PM

Yeah my first thought at Winston's speech and him declaring NZF were going into coalition "with Labour" (not "With Labour and Greens") was...  is this where we now see Greens just say f*** you, and go with National to lead :lol:

Maybe not, but it would be funny.

Disastrous, but funny.

#1290 163Battery

163Battery

Posted 20 October 2017 - 12:05 PM

Yeah my first thought at Winston's speech and him declaring NZF were going into coalition "with Labour" (not "With Labour and Greens") was... is this where we now see Greens just say f*** you, and go with National to lead :lol:

Maybe not, but it would be funny.
Disastrous, but funny.

Agree entirely.

#1291 birdman

birdman

[NZGR]

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4139 posts
  • PSN:quackdog

Posted 20 October 2017 - 01:53 PM

I do feel for National and Bill English though. To get the result they did and still not be the government must be hard to take. And for Bill English to have led the party to the disastrous showing in 2002 and to have well and truly redeemed himself with the 2017 result - and wind up in Opposition anyway - must be really hard to take.

My heart bleeds for him alright...  :lol:

#1292 ZombieRawkMachine

ZombieRawkMachine

Minister of Sinister

• Members
  • 8378 posts
  • Steam ID:ZombieRawkMachine
  • PSN:ZombieRwkMachine
  • Xbox Live:DrSinIsIn

Posted 20 October 2017 - 01:58 PM

It wasn't our fault because National didn't want the youth to vote. Labour didn't give you anyone to vote for. Nz politics culture is one of not voting etc all those kinda reasons.

#1293 sakuraba

sakuraba

I know what you did last summer

• Members
  • 1625 posts
  • PSN:subtime
  • Xbox Live:subtime

Posted 20 October 2017 - 02:24 PM

Hmmm... the combined majority left to center block seems to have beaten the right to center block... so unconfusing.

Edited by sakuraba, 20 October 2017 - 02:24 PM.

#1294 Gonzala

Gonzala
  • PSN:Gonzala137

Posted 20 October 2017 - 08:40 PM

22688736_10154954984753093_6343990538465

Edited by Gonzala, 20 October 2017 - 08:43 PM.

#1295 mvon007

mvon007

Ex Forza Whore

• Members
  • 4416 posts
  • Steam ID:mvon007
  • PSN:mvon007
  • Xbox Live:mvon007

Posted 22 October 2017 - 07:00 PM

It wasn't our fault because National didn't want the youth to vote. Labour didn't give you anyone to vote for. Nz politics culture is one of not voting etc all those kinda reasons.

It is frustrating that the young people seem to feel there's no real point, or opt out on some other basis now. Younger people are younger now than the used to be I think, and I wonder whether we shouldn't put the voting age back up. Ironic with my left tendings, but there it is.

#1296 sakuraba

sakuraba

• Members
  • 1625 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:11 AM

Jacinda pledged $3,000,000 of our money and 150 asylum seekers as well as their families refugee status from manus island ...thanks jacinda fart face you could have least asked us.

#1297 Scuba_Steve

Scuba_Steve

Gods Evil Twin

• Members
  • 5982 posts
  • Steam ID:psychomonkey69
  • PSN:PsychoMonkey
  • Wii:ScubaSteve
  • Xbox Live:Psycho Obezyana

Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:40 PM

Jacinda pledged $3,000,000 of our money and 150 asylum seekers as well as their families refugee status from manus island ...thanks jacinda fart face you could have least asked us.

Since when do Govts ask? Were you asked if you wanted to waste large amounts of moneys at the Arab dude or Hillary Clinton? Govts don't ask they take & rape

#1298 that_black_guy

that_black_guy
  • PSN:that_black_guy

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:39 PM

Still cheaper than the flag we didnt change

#1299 Laser0pz

Laser0pz

Punintentional.

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Gold VIP

• Gaming Night Host
  • 1925 posts
  • Steam ID:Lazer0pz
  • PSN:Lazer0pz
  • Xbox Live:Laser0pz

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:57 PM

Jacinda pledged $3,000,000 of our money and 150 asylum seekers as well as their families refugee status from manus island.

For what it's worth, National's budget would have allocated almost $24.8 million towards refugees alone, which is a very similar amount to what Labour has promised, too (source: National, Labour). 

...thanks jacinda fart face you could have least asked us.

What an absolutely asinine thing to say. Do you want the government to ask you if it's alright to take a piss?

#1300 sakuraba

sakuraba

• Members
  • 1625 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 06:59 AM

Hmm don't know if somehow relating taking a piss and spending tax payers money on que jumpers when we can't even look after our own struggling people really makes sense?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: election, politics, government

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users