• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1714 posts
  • Steam ID:haxspidornz
  • PSN:promaori
  • Wii:promaori
  • Xbox Live:promaori

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:34 PM

The next elections will probably be the first time I bother voting... so far my leaning is "for f***'s sake, anybody but Conservative and that plonker Colin Craig". Why anybody gets behind him is beyond me, I thought the point of a government was to move a country FORWARD (however hopeful and fantastical that may sound)

He'd be like the right-wing Winston Peters where he gets the elderly vote right?

#22 stupidlikeafox

stupidlikeafox

No sleep 'til bed time

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• 12417 posts
  • PSN:foxymcstupid

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:39 PM

The next elections will probably be the first time I bother voting... so far my leaning is "for f***'s sake, anybody but Conservative and that plonker Colin Craig". Why anybody gets behind him is beyond me, I thought the point of a government was to move a country FORWARD (however hopeful and fantastical that may sound)

to me, the point of govt is to try to best represent voters and what they find important. i dont agree with all the policies the greens have, but they most closely represent my beliefs, so they get my vote.

and apparently craig gets the hardcore religious and religious Polynesian vote.

#23 Handankel

Handankel
  • Members
  • 41 posts
  • Steam ID:handankel
  • PSN:handankel

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:42 PM

I can't Stand the decisions National has been making:

• education (changes to copy performance based funding models that are educate at a drastically reduced rate )
  • tax reform (has increased socioeconomic disparity.  GST is a regressive tax, cost poorer people more in proportion to income)
  • Sold assets at a time when our local economy would have benefited more on developing these assets further
  • Sneaking law change through under urgency on the back of earthquake recovery
  • The shady way in which the whole kim dot-com thing happened
  • the added power without proper oversite given to the GCSB

I can go on.

But atleast they are consistent with their underlying ideology.

Labour on the other hand has had ample opportunity to shoot National down on these real issues but they have not either because they are incompetent or they wouldn't have done things differently.

So ill probably be voting Green even though I drastically disagree with some of their policies.  They are the party that have a vision of Aotearoa I am happiest with

Edited by Handankel, 07 July 2014 - 05:42 PM.

#24 Ubercuber

Ubercuber

Runner up Best Ubercuber

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4067 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:00 PM

I'd probably vote for the Greens if we lived in Lollipop land with magical rainbows etc. basically nothing they say holds up, or even has to hold up. They can come out with amazing policies, but they will never be in a position to cost those policies under scrutiny, because they'll never be in a position to do them. So they can basically say whatever they want. It's the same for all smaller parties.

national and Labour have to have to be more realistic.

#25 stupidlikeafox

stupidlikeafox

No sleep 'til bed time

• 12417 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:03 PM

I'd probably vote for the Greens if we lived in Lollipop land with magical rainbows etc. basically nothing they say holds up, or even has to hold up. They can come out with amazing policies, but they will never be in a position to cost those policies under scrutiny, because they'll never be in a position to do them. So they can basically say whatever they want. It's the same for all smaller parties.

national and Labour have to have to be more realistic.

im voting green as the least shitty govt would be for me a labour/green coalition. labour really have dropped the ball this election though, and have made it hard for themselves, and the green seem to be doing their job as opposition for them.

https://www.youtube....h?v=lmF5b_t3PjA - russell norman owning john key

#26 Ubercuber

Ubercuber

Runner up Best Ubercuber

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4067 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:11 PM

Lol....they're all a bunch of f***ing children. Seriously just watch 10 minutes of parliament question time 2pm on Tuesdays and get depressed that these people run the country.

#27 Scuba_Steve

Scuba_Steve

Gods Evil Twin

• Members
  • 5918 posts
  • Steam ID:psychomonkey69
  • PSN:PsychoMonkey
  • Wii:ScubaSteve
  • Xbox Live:Psycho Obezyana

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:16 PM

National - will sell us off while raising costs to make us a "profitable purchase"

Labour - will sell us off but not as expensive

Greens - are hypocrites, there aint nothing green about their goals

Maori - are... f*** knows where they're at since Mana split

NZ First - well Winston can be a laugh if nothing else (probably the best "main party" of the lot & thats saying something)

Conservative - well they shot up pretty fast, have some good but a heap of bad probably want to turn NZ into a cult

Act - They still round??? Bit of a shamble party now

#28 stupidlikeafox

stupidlikeafox

No sleep 'til bed time

• 12417 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:18 PM

Lol....they're all a bunch of f***ing children. Seriously just watch 10 minutes of parliament question time 2pm on Tuesdays and get depressed that these people run the country.

lol pretty much, no wonder sweet f*** all gets done.

care to elaborate?

#29 Scuba_Steve

Scuba_Steve

Gods Evil Twin

• Members
  • 5918 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:43 PM

care to elaborate?

To keep it overly simple & not try & start a whole thread topic in itself (also note I'm free of the propaganda machine so may not be up with the latest should they have changed in the past few years)

They want to ban safe lights & have mercury lighting every house; the same mercury people like this spent years trying to get removed from electronics people didn't throw away every few months

Carbon tax... it's not green, it doesn't promote green, it's a tax plain & simple. I have seen they have changed their plan for this system in recent times so it's not as un-green as it was but they still want to do absolutely retarded things like tax farts

Public transport, commonly marketed as "green" but it's anything but, if running at full capacity it can the the better alternative but it's impossible to have running at full capacity 24/7 & even then there's convenience & assistances to consider. This is a "don't look at the man behind the curtain" situation i.e. looks "green" at face value just don't look at the real associated costs

Don't get me wrong Greens do have their green initiatives to; Anti-fracking, conservations etc but they also do alot of "corporate green" i.e. face value don't look behind the curtain stuff

#30 AudaciousGnome

AudaciousGnome

Trigger me Timbers

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 6651 posts
  • Steam ID:AudaciousGnome
  • PSN:AudaciousGnome

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:15 PM

Voted National in the last election. Will be voting for them again. 

They are all just as bad as each other. But to me at least National seems like the lesser evil(which doesn't say much for the others but it is what it is).

Remember folks, if you don't vote you can't complain. Make an effort to vote this year.

#31 stupidlikeafox

stupidlikeafox

No sleep 'til bed time

• 12417 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:03 PM

Carbon tax... it's not green, it doesn't promote green, it's a tax plain & simple. I have seen they have changed their plan for this system in recent times so it's not as un-green as it was but they still want to do absolutely retarded things like tax farts

id have to disagree with you most on this point. at first i was quite skeptical for the carbon tax too, but after further research, and the recent speech to the federated farmers, i can see definite merit in the proposed system. sure itd need fine tuning, but it would do a lot of good for our water ways.

#32 Scuba_Steve

Scuba_Steve

Gods Evil Twin

• Members
  • 5918 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:37 PM

id have to disagree with you most on this point. at first i was quite skeptical for the carbon tax too, but after further research, and the recent speech to the federated farmers, i can see definite merit in the proposed system. sure itd need fine tuning, but it would do a lot of good for our water ways.

You'll have to explain how a tax on carbon is gonna improve the waterways sounds like marketing BS to me. I could fix the waterways, airways, & everything in-between without any additional cost to you or your family

Then consider that no other tax has done it's claimed job; it's just a tax, a way for the Govt to extort more money on empty promises nothing more

#33 stupidlikeafox

stupidlikeafox

No sleep 'til bed time

• 12417 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:48 PM

You'll have to explain how a tax on carbon is gonna improve the waterways sounds like marketing BS to me. I could fix the waterways, airways, & everything in-between without any additional cost to you or your family

Then consider that no other tax has done it's claimed job; it's just a tax, a way for the Govt to extort more money on empty promises nothing more

read the federated farmers speech, its pretty concise.

#34 Chris Redfield

Chris Redfield

Don't stop now I am make cumming.

• Members
  • 18074 posts
  • Steam ID:Nims_is_te_Man
  • Wii:666
  • Xbox Live:lol nah

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:03 PM

So how do we fix our waterways without it costing us or our families anything Steve?

#35 Scuba_Steve

Scuba_Steve

Gods Evil Twin

• Members
  • 5918 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:19 PM

read the federated farmers speech, its pretty concise.

If this is what you're talking about it's just a tax & will not fix the waterways, taxing farts will do NOTHING for waterway cleanliness.

They even point out the ineffectiveness of their own solution with "The ETS has changed nothing" yet somehow "their tax will magically fix things"

So unless I missed something the waterways will remain dirty & they'll just add another food price increasing tax to pretend to look like they're doing something while again achieving nothing

#36 Scuba_Steve

Scuba_Steve

Gods Evil Twin

• Members
  • 5918 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:25 PM

So how do we fix our waterways without it costing us or our families anything Steve?

Well assuming you or your family are not the problem; give them 28 days to fix the problem otherwise shut them down until it's fixed... Simple really, there's no bigger motivator than lost profits.

I guarantee they'd either avoid the shutdown or have it back up within the week if it was shutdown

* I was talking about the ongoing pollution to the waterways & not the instant fix

#37 Byskyre

Byskyre
  • Steam ID:Muntey

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:01 PM

ITT:

Steve: I am angry and hate things. Rargh propaganda propaganda errywhere.

Chris: Can I suggest a sensible question?

Fox: I like these guys and this is why.

Handankel: Here are some things I disagree with, let me explain them.

Gnomey: I have a platform I like and continue to support.

I: am drunk.

Uber: lol.

#38 Scuba_Steve

Scuba_Steve

Gods Evil Twin

• Members
  • 5918 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:16 PM

ITT:

g1337050828204549527.jpg

#39 Handankel

Handankel
  • Members
  • 41 posts
  • Steam ID:handankel
  • PSN:handankel

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:37 PM

ITT:

Chris: Can I suggest a sensible question?

Fox: I like these guys and this is why.

Handankel: Here are some things I disagree with, let me explain them.

Gnomey: I have a platform I like and continue to support.

I: am drunk.

Uber: lol.

Such a concise summary.   You sir are a Gender:Not Telling with talent.

#40 acedumbunny

acedumbunny

For science.

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 3462 posts
  • Steam ID:Acedumbunny
  • PSN:Acedumbunny
  • Xbox Live:Acedumbunny

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:45 PM

I'm with Uber on the Greens staying away from money, ever since their idea to decrease the value of the NZD was by printing more money. Yes it gets the job done, but it stuffs over everyone else in the process. I am also against National because I am poor. No real opinion on any of the other parties at this time as I have done very little research (read as I have read this thread).

Edited by acedumbunny, 08 July 2014 - 01:02 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: election, politics, government

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users