• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1723 posts
  • Steam ID:haxspidornz
  • PSN:promaori
  • Wii:promaori
  • Xbox Live:promaori

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:56 PM

Discuss the issue of a New Zealand Government. Ok go!

Edited by promaori, 07 July 2014 - 01:56 PM.

#2 Scuba_Steve

Scuba_Steve

Gods Evil Twin

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 5925 posts
  • Steam ID:psychomonkey69
  • PSN:PsychoMonkey
  • Wii:ScubaSteve
  • Xbox Live:Psycho Obezyana

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:56 PM

A thread to talk about politics, the election, the downfall of NZ & the sale to America/China

Have at it...

#3 promaori

promaori

Your local jandal bandit

• Members
  • 1723 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:57 PM

D: mine was first

#4 promaori

promaori

Your local jandal bandit

• Members
  • 1723 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:57 PM

#modplzdelete

#5 stupidlikeafox

stupidlikeafox

No sleep 'til bed time

• 12419 posts
  • PSN:foxymcstupid

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:59 PM

#modzmerged.

#6 promaori

promaori

Your local jandal bandit

• Members
  • 1723 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:59 PM

we need an election policy of merging threads like this all the time. Imagine how condensed and on topic political arguments would be.

#7 stupidlikeafox

stupidlikeafox

No sleep 'til bed time

• 12419 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:02 PM

easy there tiger, im lazy enough as it is. but yay, interesting election year! voting and stuff.

#8 promaori

promaori

Your local jandal bandit

• Members
  • 1723 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:12 PM

But seriously, I'm not entirely sold on a Cunliffe-led government, but I did feel that his "I'm sorry for being a man" speech was right on the money. As domestic violence is prevailent in NZ, it's not really a big policy to be fair as changing the mindset of a country is difficult, unless you're America.

#9 stupidlikeafox

stupidlikeafox

No sleep 'til bed time

• 12419 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:17 PM

But seriously, I'm not entirely sold on a Cunliffe-led government, but I did feel that his "I'm sorry for being a man" speech was right on the money. As domestic violence is prevailent in NZ, it's not really a big policy to be fair as changing the mindset of a country is difficult, unless you're America.

his speech was on the money, too bad it ended up hurting labour. if we're talking leaders, im not sold on cunliffe either, but hes much better than what we currently have. id love to see a labour/green coalition again, but the numbers just arent there. too bad cos speaking of leaders, russell normans the f***ing man.

#10 Romulus

Romulus

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:55 PM

his speech was on the money, too bad it ended up hurting labour. if we're talking leaders, im not sold on cunliffe either, but hes much better than what we currently have. id love to see a labour/green coalition again, but the numbers just arent there. too bad cos speaking of leaders, russell normans the f***ing man.

Ditto. Don't think Cunliffe has personality to carry leadership.

That speech was good example, it's message was great but the way he delivered it hurt his party i.e. he did not think about the sound byte that would be taken away from it.

Compare what he actually said:

"I don't often say it. I'm sorry for being a man right now, because family and sexual violence is perpetrated overwhelmingly by men against women and children.

So the first message to the men out there is: wake up, stand up and man up and stop this bullshit!"

To how the media ran with the opening sound byte:

cartoon.jpg

#11 Byskyre

Byskyre
  • Steam ID:Muntey

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:28 PM

Can someone please summarise or point to a summary of the various party policies? I am not informed enough to feel like any vote I give would be fair. From all the snippets I have seen, they all seem equally full of sh*t :).

#12 nimrod76

nimrod76

Arse Hat

• Tester
  • 19913 posts
  • PSN:Nimrod76

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:35 PM

I'm pretty sure who ever I vote for I'll be screwed over anyway.

#Slaverace

Hashtag purely for Kicks. 

#13 stupidlikeafox

stupidlikeafox

No sleep 'til bed time

• 12419 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:40 PM

Can someone please summarise or point to a summary of the various party policies? I am not informed enough to feel like any vote I give would be fair. From all the snippets I have seen, they all seem equally full of sh*t :).

easiest way is to visit each partys website, they should have a quick summary of each of their big policies. or easier way, you like breathing air right? vote green ;)

#14 OriginalSin

OriginalSin

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:43 PM

They are equally full of sh*t.

Labour used to be "for the working class" now they're just "for whoever we have to grease to have a chance at getting back into power".

National used to be "for business and the economy" now they're "for business, the economy and to hell with your rights".

The greens used to be "for nature" now they're "we love whales but will suck up to anyone to get a slice of pie".

The minor parties are a waste of space (apart from possibly Winston Peters because at least he's honest and isn't afraid to tell it like it is).

edit: p.s. I'm not sorry I'm a man, the moon landing was a hoax, and John Key's wife is hot.

Edited by OriginalSin, 07 July 2014 - 03:47 PM.

#15 Scuba_Steve

Scuba_Steve

Gods Evil Twin

• Members
  • 5925 posts
  • Steam ID:psychomonkey69
  • PSN:PsychoMonkey
  • Wii:ScubaSteve
  • Xbox Live:Psycho Obezyana

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:46 PM

If you can name the party off the top of your head, they're gonna financially screw you & sell the country off to America/China

All other parties aren't gonna get enough votes to count so little point learning about them

#16 tuftsdude

tuftsdude
  • Steam ID:Tuftsdude
  • PSN:Tuftsdude
  • Xbox Live:Achedmars64

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:00 PM

My party: http://www.alcp.org.nz/

Ohh yeahh.

#17 Romulus

Romulus

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:12 PM

#Slaverace

These two posts more or less sum up the upcoming election :P

But seriously, each party has pros and cons. The good thing about NZ's (much criticised) MMP system is that it generally prevents any single party from achieving total dominance. Hence why even our left and right wings would be described as centre left and centre right by most countries standards.

#18 stupidlikeafox

stupidlikeafox

No sleep 'til bed time

• 12419 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:16 PM

#Slaverace

But seriously, each party has pros and cons. The good thing about NZ's (much criticised) MMP system is that it generally prevents any single party from achieving total dominance. Hence why even our left and right wings would be described as centre left and centre right by most countries standards.

yeah coalitions are fantastic. too bad at this stage it looks like either national, or national+conservative. colin craig man. how the f*** did that become a millionaire??

#19 promaori

promaori

Your local jandal bandit

• Members
  • 1723 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:18 PM

#Slaverace

yeah coalitions are fantastic. too bad at this stage it looks like either national, or national+conservative. colin craig man. how the f*** did that become a millionaire??

C3P0 is a robot, he haxed it.

#20 Super-Pangolin

Super-Pangolin
  • Steam ID:superpangolin
  • PSN:Super-Pangolin
  • Xbox Live:Super Pangolin

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:24 PM

The next elections will probably be the first time I bother voting... so far my leaning is "for f***'s sake, anybody but Conservative and that plonker Colin Craig". Why anybody gets behind him is beyond me, I thought the point of a government was to move a country FORWARD (however hopeful and fantastical that may sound)

Edited by Super-Pangolin, 07 July 2014 - 04:25 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: election, politics, government

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users