#41 Killjoy

Killjoy

life is killing me👌

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 2395 posts
  • Steam ID:Killjoy1690

Posted 16 July 2015 - 02:13 PM

West Of Memphis - riveting doco covering the appeals process for the infamous West Memphis 3. Funny to see Peter Jackson pop up. 8/10

I remember seeing that and I'd recommend it to others, but it was kind of weird how they kept playing Sanitarium by Metallica throughout it.  I get the reference but it was just over done I thought.  Peter Jackson and his wife Fran Walsh 'presented' that doco it said on the cover.

#42 Jenesyde

Jenesyde
  • Xbox Live:Jenesyde

Posted 16 July 2015 - 02:19 PM

It was Paradise Lost that kept playing the Metallica song. And yeah, it was annoying as hell - a 150 minute doco that used three songs on the soundtrack.

#43 Killjoy

Killjoy

life is killing me👌

• Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 02:30 PM

It was Paradise Lost that kept playing the Metallica song. And yeah, it was annoying as hell - a 150 minute doco that used three songs on the soundtrack.

Ah yes, right you are.  Been a while since I saw it.

#44 Killjoy

Killjoy

life is killing me👌

• Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:04 PM

Dennis Rodman's Big Bang in PyongYang, 9/10.  Brilliant inside look into 'the worms' visits to North Korea, seeing international pressure mount and Rodman turn to alcohol made things interesting, awkward and scary at times.  Highly recommend this one to all.

Jessie's Dad, 7/10.  A former US trucker goes on a crusade to apply harsher sentences to sexual predators after his 9 year old daughter is raped and killed by a neighbour who was a convicted child sex offender and lived across the street.

#45 Killjoy

Killjoy

life is killing me👌

• Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 01:25 PM

The Seven Five, 8/10.  It's the 80s and police corruption is rampant.  Interviews with the dirtiest cop in NYC history Michael Dowd and those associated with him and his eventual arrest, he stole money, stole and sold drugs and was involved in numerous homicides.  Better than I expected it to be.

Edited by Killjoy, 24 July 2015 - 01:28 PM.

#46 Killjoy

Killjoy

life is killing me👌

• Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 09:53 PM

ESPN: The Scott Hall story, 8/10.  About former wrestler who went from the ultimate well loved bad guy to alcohol and drug addict at deaths door, pretty good but pretty short watch too.  Scott has since turned his life around and is now drug/alcohol free with the help of another former wrestler Diamond Dallas Page, DDP also helped Jake the snake Roberts turn his life around too.  Last I heard they all lived together and practice yoga with a healthy lifestyle and watch old wrestling matches.

#47 ActualTats

ActualTats

I was assigned this Gamertag by Microsoft...

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Bronze VIP

• Members
  • 333 posts
  • Steam ID:ActualTats
  • PSN:ActualTats
  • Xbox Live:ActualTats

Posted 12 September 2015 - 02:22 AM

I don't think this one has been mentioned yet but King of Kong: A Fist Full of Quarters. The documentary focuses on a couple of old school gamer's who compete for the highest score on Donkey Kong. Actually quiet interesting seeing the "drama" and politics in the retro competitive gaming scene! 

#48 Killjoy

Killjoy

life is killing me👌

• Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 10:43 AM

Winter on Fire, 7/10.  About the unrest in Ukraine during 2013/14, demonstrations from wanting to join the European union resulted in violent beatings and deaths thanks to the Russian puppet government lead by Yanukovich.  It gives some interesting insight into what went on in the front lines, one really sickening part where government backed snipers were killing people hiding behind trees and make shift sheilds was hard to watch.

#49 Killjoy

Killjoy

life is killing me👌

• Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 06:01 PM

I Am Chris Farley, 8/10.  Interviews with Chris's family, celeb friends and others who worked with the comedic legend.  I was gutted when I heard he passed away, Black Sheep is probably my favourite comedy movie ever.  Weird to think this larger than life crazy personality on screen and stage was quite nervous, self critical and a real gentleman off screen and stage.

He also played rugby too!

Edited by Killjoy, 08 December 2015 - 10:47 PM.

#50 Killjoy

Killjoy

life is killing me👌

• Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 11:08 PM

Vanishing of the Bees, 7/10.  Good investigative look into the political, economical and ecological impact the vanishing of bees worldwide is having and they are not just dieing but totally disappearing.  It shows what steps took place in order to try to figure out what is causing CCD - Colony Collapse Disorder including pesticides, new mass bee keeping techniques and swapping of queen bees for younger queens.  It could be a number of factors but it's scary to think bees perform 80% of all pollination worldwide and 1 in every 3 mouth fulls of food are attributed to this, without them get used to a lot of rice, corn and wheat.  Say goodbye to broccoli, carrots, cherries, coffee, cucumbers, onions, the list goes on and on.  Even cows and chickens rely on bees to pollinate their diet.

#51 Bunnny

Bunnny

Member Since 23 Nov 2006

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Tester
  • 6144 posts
  • Steam ID:BuNNNy_
  • PSN:BuNNNy_
  • Xbox Live:BuNNNy

Posted 09 December 2015 - 10:11 AM

Is Jiro Dreams of Sushi actually good.

I've been meaning to watch it for so long...

#52 Killjoy

Killjoy

life is killing me👌

• Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 01:43 PM

Human Lampshade: A Holocaust Mystery, 7/10.  National Geographic interviews and follows up lab results regarding an alleged lampshade made from jewish skin during WW2,  

Spoiler

#53 Scuba_Steve

Scuba_Steve

Gods Evil Twin

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 5968 posts
  • Steam ID:psychomonkey69
  • PSN:PsychoMonkey
  • Wii:ScubaSteve
  • Xbox Live:Psycho Obezyana

Posted 13 December 2015 - 04:02 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

#54 Killjoy

Killjoy

life is killing me👌

• Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 04:44 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Yes I heard about that, I haven't looked into too much info about that but the documentary Holohoax Completely Exposed by David Cole offers some very interesting info on that subject.  Cole is a jewish revisionist and had to go into hiding after making it.

#55 Killjoy

Killjoy

life is killing me👌

• Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 08:52 AM

Edit:  I originally linked a doco on Lemmy from Motorhead, link from Youtube but it seems it keeps getting removed.

Edited by Killjoy, 21 February 2016 - 11:15 PM.

#56 Killjoy

Killjoy

life is killing me👌

• Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 10:41 AM

Macho Man: The Randy Savage Story, 9/10.  Brilliant look into how the wrestling legend got into wrestling and the highs and lows of his career and personal life.

#57 Jenesyde

Jenesyde
  • Xbox Live:Jenesyde

Posted 08 January 2016 - 10:44 AM

Macho Man: The Randy Savage Story, 9/10.  Brilliant look into how the wrestling legend got into wrestling and the highs and lows of his career and personal life.

Excellent stuff, also great to see he was a good dude unlike a lot of the megastars in the business who are total pricks.

I also recommend the Mr Perfect doco if you haven't seen it already, for similar reasons. 

#58 Killjoy

Killjoy

life is killing me👌

• Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 10:52 AM

Excellent stuff, also great to see he was a good dude unlike a lot of the megastars in the business who are total pricks.

I also recommend the Mr Perfect doco if you haven't seen it already, for similar reasons. 

True I had no idea Randy worked with all those charities for so long and thanks for the recommendation, I'll check that one out.

#59 Killjoy

Killjoy

life is killing me👌

• Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 02:19 PM

nWo: The Revolution, 7.5/10.  About the rise and fall of a massive clique of bad guy wrestlers (heels) within WCW, they were so popular they even overtook WWE in Monday night ratings.  I saw most matches and they had some really good story lines, but towards the end with 40 odd wrestlers in the group it seemed every man and his dog could join and it eventually got old.  If they'd have kept it to an exclusive few it might have lasted longer but then it might not have had the appeal that it got, oh well it was certainly entertaining anyway.

#60 iludez

iludez

Just the best

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1989 posts
  • Steam ID:iludez
  • PSN:iludez
  • Xbox Live:iludez

Posted 09 January 2016 - 07:49 PM

Cowspiracy a really good wat h on climate change and how the huge advocates for animals.environment etc are turning a blind eye to farming

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users