Photo

Zelda Wii U

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 XDDX

XDDX

Posted 08 December 2014 - 04:33 PM

maybe they're going the Pikmin route and allowing people to use a wiimote+nunchuck combo as the controller and keeping the gamepad handy for the map which would make sense for keeping it right handed - although sucks to be a lefty in that situation.

Would love to have Wiimote + nunchuck as an option since I love the controls in Skyward Sword. Wouldn't mind having the gamepad for just navigation stuff but it seems like it it wont support SS style controls. Also the slow-mo stuff is really nice.

#22 Silvon

Silvon
  • Steam ID:Silvonvalar
  • PSN:Valarze

Posted 08 December 2014 - 05:20 PM

I'm absolutely loving the look of this game.  I think it's great to see how large the world is going to be and how much there will be to explore.  I also love the slow-motion when you're firing after jumping off a horse, can't wait to try that out!

#23 supermario

supermario

Hail Xenu!

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 9413 posts
  • Steam ID:BanalityDUFF

Posted 08 December 2014 - 06:10 PM

think it's great to see how large the world is going to be and how much there will be to explore

it looks mammoth from the size they zoomed out to against how far they were riding Epona between. I hope they classic Zelda it up and have lots of nooks and crannies filled with different things to do and not have a big boring open world like many other open world games (here's looking at you Elder Scrolls).

#24 Silvon

Silvon
  • Steam ID:Silvonvalar
  • PSN:Valarze

Posted 08 December 2014 - 07:57 PM

think it's great to see how large the world is going to be and how much there will be to explore

it looks mammoth from the size they zoomed out to against how far they were riding Epona between. I hope they classic Zelda it up and have lots of nooks and crannies filled with different things to do and not have a big boring open world like many other open world games (here's looking at you Elder Scrolls).

Couldn't agree more!  There's nothing worse in a game than travelling half the map to get to a new destination and not encountering anything of real significance along the way.  If there's a lot of varied locations with places to explore and secrets to find scattered around I'll be happy.  I really hope that this is the type of game I'll be perfectly content to just roam around for hours getting lost in the world completely independent of the main storyline and not, as you say, get bored in a large open world with nothing in it.

#25 Goonertron

Goonertron
  • PSN:KiwiGooner13
  • Xbox Live:GoonerTR0N

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:49 PM

Never played a Zelda, but this looks incredible. Will pick it up!

#26 Newsboy

Newsboy

Posted 05 January 2015 - 12:24 PM

Fairly sure they'll add wiimote controls, although if you can play with the gamepad then it's unlikely we'll see enemies that require motion controls to defeat. Seriously can't wait for this release.

#27 Ron

Ron

Just working hard...

• Admin
  • 9121 posts
  • PSN:NZGamer dot com
  • Wii:What's a Wii?
  • Xbox Live:NZGamer dot com

Posted 29 March 2015 - 08:02 AM

Sad to see this delayed till 2016.

#28 Xenojay

Xenojay

Subliminal. Liminal. And Superliminal.

• Tester
  • 11920 posts
  • Steam ID:N/A
  • PSN:Xenojay
  • Wii:N/A
  • Xbox Live:Xenojay

Posted 30 March 2015 - 07:19 AM

Imagine if the delay was because they're putting it on their NEXT CONSOLE...

#29 Ubercuber

Ubercuber

Runner up Best Ubercuber

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4069 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 12:35 PM

Imagine if the delay was because they're putting it on their NEXT CONSOLE...

Isnt that pretty much the agreed theory at this point?

#30 Xenojay

Xenojay

• Tester
  • 11920 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 12:50 PM

I'm saying it so it becomes a truth!

Is this the first time that Ninty has pushed back a release also?

#31 supermario

supermario

Hail Xenu!

• Members
  • 9413 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:20 PM

I'm saying it so it becomes a truth!

Is this the first time that Ninty has pushed back a release also?

I think it's more of a case that they announced this so early to possibly shore up support for the Wii-U's future while having a rough estimate of when they wanted it out.

most of the time Nintendo are pretty ho-hum about actual dates while showing off future products and thus when they say they want to work on them more no one gets upset because they didn't say it was coming out tomorrow or anything, but given the Wii-U isn't doing the greatest I'd say that was why they announced this so much earlier than normal.

Also would doubt they would bump it to the next console. I'd imagine that they are utilizing the gamepad quite heavily and it would be a sizeable redesign to move all that information in a meaningful way to the big screen. Also it was most likely to launch in Novemeber 15 anyway and has being pushed a few months into what I imagine would be Q1 2016.

I also wouldn't expect a new console until at least 2017. It would be suicide as a company at this point to launch a console against a mid-stride PS4/Xbone.

If anything, I'm going to guess that Nintendo are going to marry their home console and handhelds into a single machine come the NX and given the 3DS is still going ohk, I think 2 years to phase out both lines and launch a single line would make some sense.

And in saying all that garbage. Surely, worst comes to worst they'll Twilight Princess this new game and have it on WiiU and NX.

#32 Xenojay

Xenojay

• Tester
  • 11920 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 06:21 AM

If they successfully lock-in a solid remote delivery solution for home gaming, that could see them reach Wii success again WITH better-life like that PS/XB.

That would be f*cking wonderous.

#33 supermario

supermario

Hail Xenu!

• Members
  • 9413 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 10:06 PM

NX launch title / Wii-U release also.

Not impressed.

I'm not impressed because of the wasteland between now and March 2017. Absolutely f***-all is coming out on the Wii-U between now and then. I can understand from a Nintendo perspective but from a fan perspective this f***ing sucks.

f*** you Nintendo.

I was saying to my wife yesterday when I heard the news that this is the first time I've genuinely being pissed off by Nintendo.

Also, my comment above makes me sad. My prediction for the NX release was right . . . Q1 2016 for Zelda terribly wrong. f*** you, again, Nintendo.

#34 ricky1981

ricky1981
  • Xbox Live:ricky1981

Posted 25 May 2016 - 03:36 PM

To be honest, the Wii U has been a disaster and I can't see the NX being any different as people just don't seem to have an appetite for novelty home consoles and VR is going to steal Nintendo's thunder unless the NX offers something revelatory. Nintendo have been lucky that the 3DS and Amiibos have kept them profitable.

It's odd that Nintendo still seem to be viewed as caring about gamers when they shaft consumers at any opportunity, the cheapskates can't even include a charger when you buy a 3DS and when I went to pick up a Fire Emblem 3DS it doesn't even include the game :(

Sad to say it but I'd actually like to see Nintendo just switch to making games for the other platforms rather than wasting their time on gimmicky underpowered hardware that just doesn't resonate with people.

#35 siamese

siamese

siamesedreams

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 1689 posts
  • PSN:siamesedreams

Posted 26 May 2016 - 04:05 PM

To be honest, the Wii U has been a disaster and I can't see the NX being any different as people just don't seem to have an appetite for novelty home consoles and VR is going to steal Nintendo's thunder unless the NX offers something revelatory. Nintendo have been lucky that the 3DS and Amiibos have kept them profitable.

It's odd that Nintendo still seem to be viewed as caring about gamers when they shaft consumers at any opportunity, the cheapskates can't even include a charger when you buy a 3DS and when I went to pick up a Fire Emblem 3DS it doesn't even include the game :(

Sad to say it but I'd actually like to see Nintendo just switch to making games for the other platforms rather than wasting their time on gimmicky underpowered hardware that just doesn't resonate with people.

The only reason I own a WiiU is because I love the Mario games, 2D, 3D, and Mario Kart are all must buys for me (in saying that I have not picked up mario maker yet since its not really a game with nintendo designed levels) 

Zelda Twilight Princess was my first Zelda title (other than a Zelda watch I had back in the 80's or early 90's) and I loved that.  Got Wind Waker HD and skyward sword and will definitely get the new one when it releases (if its good, which Im sure it will be)

It would be weird seeing a mario game on Playstation, but if it saved me having to buy the latest Nintendo console for only about 5 good games over the course of its life then I guess I'm for it.

#36 supermario

supermario

Hail Xenu!

• Members
  • 9413 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 09:16 PM

VR is going to steal Nintendo's thunder

really?

i see VR dying just the way 3D gaming did, except faster and most expensively for the parties involved (only caveat being it depends how much money Facebook wants to keep throwing at it)

the novelty of it is interesting and cool but it's a super expensive novelty.

long term it will only be used by people who don't mind isolating themselves. i've being a gamer my whole life and the idea of trapping myself in a stupid headset seems so beyond the pale. when i game i talk to my wife, i eat, i go for a piss, none of these will be easy with VR. in addition, from what i've heard the systems are a nightmare for any sort of marathon gaming because they get hot and sweaty which isn't likely to change in the immediate future.

that said, i'm still in the old school who thinks couch co-op and LANs are the best thing ever. even playing online with my best friends is barely of interest to me, and unless the game is superb i'll never play online with strangers (last game I did so was Quake Wars).

also, i really wish Nintendo would release the E3 demo on the eShop. A guy can hope, right? :)

#37 ricky1981

ricky1981
  • Xbox Live:ricky1981

Posted 31 May 2016 - 10:03 AM

I don't see VR being as popular in the long term as some people suggest but I do think it will be a big draw/distraction in the short term and as such it makes it harder for Nintendo to garner attention unless they do something very very radical.

You'll have HTC, Facebook/Oculus and Sony all pushing VR very hard for quite some time and based on the terrible job Nintendo did promoting the Wii U, it's hard to see how their new console is going to get much attention.

I'd love to be wrong and see Nintendo come up with something genuinely new though!

#38 Munkah

Munkah

Resident overlord

• Staff
  • 12616 posts
  • Steam ID:Morgadeth
  • PSN:Morgadeth
  • Wii:1032 5522 9691 7697
  • Xbox Live:Morgadeth

Posted 30 September 2016 - 01:39 PM

I'm got this pre-ordered along with the NX.

#39 FreddlePopGameS

FreddlePopGameS

Hero of Time

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • PSN:II_SanD_CameL
  • Wii:SW-6107-0369-3801
  • Xbox Live:FreddlePopGameS

Posted 01 October 2016 - 12:18 PM

I'm got this pre-ordered along with the NX.

Me too.

I'm not even fazed about the lack of info, specs of the console and what it looks like etc.

It's Nintendo, and they make some of the most fined tuned and polished games around.

I'm excited for the NX as Nintendo always bring something different to the table. I've still got my XO and PS4 which I game on often but there's something about having Mario, Zelda and their other quirky games that satisfy me too much to ever contemplate skipping on their consoles.

I know the Wii U gets a bad wrap, and it should based on the way they marketed it or didn't market it but I don't regret buying it day one at all.

It had some of the best games I'd played in years. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users