#1 Koopa18

Koopa18
  • PSN:galaxiid
  • Wii:galaxiid (nintendo network id)
  • Xbox Live:gravitygrace

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:22 AM

OPEN WORLD ZELDA

zelda_wii_u_offical_grassland.png?w=1038

Not much details on this one yet, but boy is this going to change things up. How does everyone think this is going to go? 

Personally in kinda anxious as to how they implement a lot of the puzzle ideas into the game, but I have always far preferred exploring the overworld to the dungeons etc, so I think this has a lot of potential! 

#2 OrkMischief

OrkMischief

Level 100 Zelda Master

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Bronze VIP

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • PSN:II_SanD_CameL
  • Wii:Wii U - IIMILLER
  • Xbox Live:II MlLLER

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:37 AM

Yeah I'm amped for this. I'm actually really digging the art style as well.

#3 siamese

siamese

siamesedreams

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 1689 posts
  • PSN:siamesedreams

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:21 AM

Was hoping for more info......looks cool, but to be honest I preferred the 2013 trailer which had more of a Twilight Princess type art direction.  I hope Link gets his usual outfit, that blue shirt is horrible.  Hopefully thats just his 'hanging out in the village' clothes haha.

#4 Koopa18

Koopa18

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:28 AM

Was hoping for more info......looks cool, but to be honest I preferred the 2013 trailer which had more of a Twilight Princess type art direction.  I hope Link gets his usual outfit, that blue shirt is horrible.  Hopefully thats just his 'hanging out in the village' clothes haha.

Pretty sure that was just a tech demo showing what Twilight Princess could be like on Wii U. Takes me back to when Wind Waker was announced and everyone wanted the original gamecube (realistic OOT) tech demo haha. 

Yeah was definitely hoping for more though - used to getting a bit more substantial gameplay footage from Nintendo!

#5 guido

guido

mishmash3000

• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Steam ID:g_u_1_d_0
  • PSN:g-u-1-d-0
  • Wii:Elhsimah
  • Xbox Live:guiid0

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:15 AM

Love it! Love the art style, love the open world. I hope they're up to the challenge of moving to an open world. They did an amazing job taking the series into 3D which I'm sure forced them to rethink a lot of aspects of gameplay and exploration so I'm sure they're up to it!

#6 siamese

siamese

siamesedreams

• Members
  • 1689 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:10 AM

Pretty sure that was just a tech demo showing what Twilight Princess could be like on Wii U. Takes me back to when Wind Waker was announced and everyone wanted the original gamecube (realistic OOT) tech demo haha. 

Yeah was definitely hoping for more though - used to getting a bit more substantial gameplay footage from Nintendo!

Yeah it was actually 2011.  I just loved that art style.

#7 Wozza

Wozza

The next test is impossible

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 5796 posts
  • Xbox Live:Wozza NZGamer

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:16 PM

Might be the time for me to pick up a Nintendo system again.

Hoping for Wind Waker style fun and adventure, but some new ideas. I got so sick of playing the Princesses Lullaby at every door with a triforce on it in every Zelda game. Keep what makes the series good, but please shake it up a bit too!

#8 twisterjamz

twisterjamz

Saitama

• Members
  • 5141 posts
  • Steam ID:twisterjamz
  • PSN:twisterjamzz

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:54 PM

So glad I got my Wii U, feels like I got it at the perfect time, so many amazing games coming out

#9 siamese

siamese

siamesedreams

• Members
  • 1689 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:37 AM

So glad I got my Wii U, feels like I got it at the perfect time, so many amazing games coming out

I got mine in November or so due to Super Mario 3D World releasing.  So even with just NSMBwiiU, SMB3dW and Mario Kart 8 I'm stoked on it.  I have my PS4 there waiting for decent games in the meantime.

#10 DoubleLC

DoubleLC

Crusader

• NZGamer.com VIP Bronze VIP

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • Wii:XFLiPX

Posted 13 June 2014 - 04:05 PM

I really wish that teaser was just a little bit longer but there are still some interesting things to see in that field picture like the goat herders and a little village, death mountain? and the lake just below it, the barricaded area in the middle, the lookout thing on the right, that mysterious cracked mountain at center-left, those white towers? and all the way in the back you can even see Hyrule castle!

#11 Koopa18

Koopa18

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:30 PM

What i'll be interested in is the forest areas. Open world games are really different in the way they handle forests than your traditional Zelda forest area.... 

#12 Chris Redfield

Chris Redfield

Don't stop now I am make cumming.

• Members
  • 18074 posts
  • Steam ID:Nims_is_te_Man
  • Wii:666
  • Xbox Live:lol nah

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:17 PM

I'm just hoping for a Water Temple as good as the one in OoT

#13 supermario

supermario

Hail Xenu!

• Members
  • 9413 posts
  • Steam ID:BanalityDUFF

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:50 PM

Open world games are really different in the way they handle forests than your traditional Zelda forest area.... 

what with the boring hills and trees and never much going on. in most open world games I've played the best things in forests are the caves/closed in areas.

i trust that Nintendo know what they are doing in regards to the puzzle aspect of the series, i doubt they would just abandon the series roots to go Elder Scrolls with a Zelda skin all of a sudden. If anything, I imagine they would just develop multiple solutions to puzzles such as being able to solve them using bombs to blow up a wall or arrows to set the wall on fire kind of thing which the series has needed for a long time - rather than use X item and proceed it will be use  X or Y or Z and proceed. or not. only time will tell.

#14 Koopa18

Koopa18

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:58 PM

Yeah exactly what I was thinking. The problem with TP's overworld was how... barren a lot of it was. Skyward Sword definitely fixed that, but felt really disjointed. I'm kinda worried this one is gonna go the opposite and be completely connected but not that interesting. 

Oh well. EAD haven't f***ed anything up yet so I guess I should have more faith in them ha

#15 supermario

supermario

Hail Xenu!

• Members
  • 9413 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 06:44 PM

roll on next year. looks epic.

#16 hblack

hblack
  • Members
  • 108 posts
  • Wii:hb.harrisonblack (Wii U)

Posted 07 December 2014 - 12:45 PM

roll on next year. looks epic.

That looks seriously good. I haven't played much Zelda but can't wait to try that out.

#17 oconnomiyaki

oconnomiyaki

Iconoclast

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 3759 posts
  • PSN:Donutta
  • Xbox Live:oconnomiyaki

Posted 08 December 2014 - 08:03 AM

Anyone else notice that Link is no longer left-handed? :(

Also, Star Fox mention! If they can just get Metroid and F-Zero out, all will be forgiven.

#18 XDDX

XDDX

Posted 08 December 2014 - 09:43 AM

Also, Star Fox mention! If they can just get Metroid and F-Zero out, all will be forgiven.

I don't think he was left handed in any of the recent Zelda games either but not 100% sure.

#19 oconnomiyaki

oconnomiyaki

Iconoclast

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 3759 posts
  • PSN:Donutta
  • Xbox Live:oconnomiyaki

Posted 08 December 2014 - 11:44 AM

I don't think he was left handed in any of the recent Zelda games either but not 100% sure.

I could excuse it somewhat because of the Wii Remote and most people being right-handed. But unless they're going to make that an option in the new one, I feel like it's sad that a little something subtle but quirky and unique has been lost. :(

#20 supermario

supermario

Hail Xenu!

• Members
  • 9413 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 12:11 PM

maybe they're going the Pikmin route and allowing people to use a wiimote+nunchuck combo as the controller and keeping the gamepad handy for the map which would make sense for keeping it right handed - although sucks to be a lefty in that situation.

i never really notice what hands characters hold things in, i actually had to go and check that Link was left handed even though I kind of knew he was. The only game I noticed was Dishonored because they mapped the left mouse key to the players right hand and the right mouse to their left hand, it was weird and annoying at first.

Even Hyrule Warriors Link is a lefty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users