1360 replies to this topic

#21 Jaz

Jaz

#SILVERSCUM

• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4318 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:06 AM

I have a daughter about the same age. Love being a daddy too. She's starting to develop an attitude at the moment.

An attitude in a cute way? Or pain in the ass way?
Not in a cute way. Pushing boundaries and all that. Problem is her Nana lets her get away and I get to be the bad guy who has to be tough.

Love her to bits though and would do anything to make sure she's always safe.
My mother-in-law is still like this with my eldest and it drives me f***ing nuts man, it's hard to "lay down the law" when you have someone else telling them it's fine... screw you lady!!

Anywho, I have 3 with a fourth on the way. 10, 8 and 2, love all to bits evrn if they do drive me nuts.

4. That's why you're gold.

#22 nimrod76

nimrod76

Arse Hat

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Tester
  • 19913 posts
  • PSN:Nimrod76

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:52 AM

Because of my amazing spelling or because I can't seem to stop making humans?

#23 Scuba_Steve

Scuba_Steve

Gods Evil Twin

• Members
  • 5965 posts
  • Steam ID:psychomonkey69
  • PSN:PsychoMonkey
  • Wii:ScubaSteve
  • Xbox Live:Psycho Obezyana

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:29 AM

My boy's just shy of 8mths, currently "assisted walking" reckon by 9mths he'll have the walking thing down.
Currently best moment, him being born (also sits as best moment EVER!!!)
worst moment, having him go through surgery at just 1mth old (currently sitting at worst moment ever!!! also)

What was the surgery for?

Kidneys, one wasn't working & was huge

#24 Ubercuber

Ubercuber

Runner up Best Ubercuber

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4069 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:47 AM

Got a 3.5 year old girl who is awesome. Every time we're thought something will take a while to learn (like toilet training etc) she picks it up almost straight away. So has her mums brains at least.

Got another one due shortly. No idea what sex it is - but I think 2 is enough for us. Time to chop off the old boy (I believe thats how it works.)

#25 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

What happened? How did I get here?

• Members
  • 10905 posts
  • PSN:drunk_monk_13
  • Xbox Live:drunkmonk37

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:17 AM

Because of my amazing spelling or because I can't seem to stop making humans?

Can't stop making humans and vocalizing everyone's feeling towards people contradicting rules.

Mines younger so I probably haven't dealt with as much yet but it's f***ing hard to teach your kid to sleep when your mum picks him up every time

#26 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

• Members
  • 10905 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:18 AM

My boy's just shy of 8mths, currently "assisted walking" reckon by 9mths he'll have the walking thing down.
worst moment, having him go through surgery at just 1mth old (currently sitting at worst moment ever!!! also)

Oh sh*t, did it all go well? Or potential life issues?

How did yiu handle something that huge? I'd be pulling my hair out

#27 nimrod76

nimrod76

Arse Hat

• Tester
  • 19913 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:10 AM

Damn dude, that would have been scary.

#28 nimrod76

nimrod76

Arse Hat

• Tester
  • 19913 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:14 AM

Got a 3.5 year old girl who is awesome. Every time we're thought something will take a while to learn (like toilet training etc) she picks it up almost straight away. So has her mums brains at least.

Got another one due shortly. No idea what sex it is - but I think 2 is enough for us. Time to chop off the old boy (I believe thats how it works.)

Our first was like that, picked everything up really quickly, slept through real quick, teething was easy and toilet training took about 1 hour. The others not so much.

#29 Jaz

Jaz

#SILVERSCUM

• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4318 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:49 AM

I have a daughter about the same age. Love being a daddy too. She's starting to develop an attitude at the moment.

An attitude in a cute way? Or pain in the ass way?
Not in a cute way. Pushing boundaries and all that. Problem is her Nana lets her get away and I get to be the bad guy who has to be tough.

Love her to bits though and would do anything to make sure she's always safe.
My mother-in-law is still like this with my eldest and it drives me f***ing nuts man, it's hard to "lay down the law" when you have someone else telling them it's fine... screw you lady!!

Anywho, I have 3 with a fourth on the way. 10, 8 and 2, love all to bits evrn if they do drive me nuts.

4. That's why you're gold.

4 humans.

What happened as it looks like your family was done (8 and 6) and then 2 more sprogs later? Clucky missus?

#30 nimrod76

nimrod76

Arse Hat

• Tester
  • 19913 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:38 PM

4 humans.

What happened as it looks like your family was done (8 and 6) and then 2 more sprogs later? Clucky missus?

Something like that yeah, the youngest was supposed to be the last but he turned out to be extra cute and well behaved so another one seemed like a good idea. Time will tell.

#31 Scuba_Steve

Scuba_Steve

Gods Evil Twin

• Members
  • 5965 posts
  • Steam ID:psychomonkey69
  • PSN:PsychoMonkey
  • Wii:ScubaSteve
  • Xbox Live:Psycho Obezyana

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:02 PM

umm stress? yea, didn't so much as handle it as just have to accept it, there's nothing you can do...

The whole thing was sh*t, it wasn't immediately life threatening (people can survive quite well on 1 kidney) but it was bad enough we had to sit in hospital day after day waiting for a gap as we were top of the non-critical list & they weren't prepared to let us go the xmas shutdown without having it operated on.

Because it was surgery too every day we sat in hospital we had to starve him, then after he was doped up (f*** that's hard to see) & had wires & catheters coming out everywhere. The nurses & doctors were good & we did get a bunch of free toys but it's not something you ever want to see someone go through especially not a little one of your own creation to young to understand whats happening

The silver lining is apparently surgery did go well & we've gone from having to visit the surgeon/scans every 3 weeks to 6mthly. Other than a small scar on his hip he should be fine hopefully. Had it not been fixed it had the potential to cause problems down the track.

Yep, majorly gutting to have something like that happen to someone so small & young; ya can't even explain why you're doing it to them.

#32 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

• Members
  • 10905 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:09 PM

umm stress? yea, didn't so much as handle it as just have to accept it, there's nothing you can do...

The whole thing was sh*t, it wasn't immediately life threatening (people can survive quite well on 1 kidney) but it was bad enough we had to sit in hospital day after day waiting for a gap as we were top of the non-critical list & they weren't prepared to let us go the xmas shutdown without having it operated on.

Because it was surgery too every day we sat in hospital we had to starve him, then after he was doped up (f*** that's hard to see) & had wires & catheters coming out everywhere. The nurses & doctors were good & we did get a bunch of free toys but it's not something you ever want to see someone go through especially not a little one of your own creation to young to understand whats happening

The silver lining is apparently surgery did go well & we've gone from having to visit the surgeon/scans every 3 weeks to 6mthly. Other than a small scar on his hip he should be fine hopefully. Had it not been fixed it had the potential to cause problems down the track.

Yep, majorly gutting to have something like that happen to someone so small & young; ya can't even explain why you're doing it to them.

Oh man thats good to hear that things went well but holy F**k.

I felt like sh*t when my boy had his 6 week injections and cried with tears for the first time and that doesn't even compare to what you went through.

#33 DaveyBryan

DaveyBryan
  • Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:21 PM

I dont but respect for every one of you

#34 predatorhunter

predatorhunter

Obsessed with Gears of War

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4454 posts
  • Xbox Live:themainman21

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:31 PM

I have 3 kids, 2 step kids who i consider my own boy 14 and girl 10 and we have a 3yo son.

#35 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

• Members
  • 10905 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:48 PM

I have 3 kids, 2 step kids who i consider my own boy 14 and girl 10 and we have a 3yo son.

How the hell do you have time to be on here? Let alone play games

#36 predatorhunter

predatorhunter

Obsessed with Gears of War

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4454 posts
  • Xbox Live:themainman21

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:02 PM

its caled bedtime.

#37 nimrod76

nimrod76

Arse Hat

• Tester
  • 19913 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:59 AM

its called bedtime.

This. This is the only down time I get, it works.

#38 lax1

lax1
  • PSN:gumshoe75

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:49 PM

This thread is great - we have our first on the way and are about 5 1/2 months now. Going to be a boy. I've got no idea what I have to do but figure nothing can properly prepare you for it, especially if it's your first.. 

I'm going to hit you guys up for all sorts of tips..!

#39 nimrod76

nimrod76

Arse Hat

• Tester
  • 19913 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:50 PM

Always give them fizzy, especially red fizzy.

#40 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

• Members
  • 10905 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:56 PM

This thread is great - we have our first on the way and are about 5 1/2 months now. Going to be a boy. I've got no idea what I have to do but figure nothing can properly prepare you for it, especially if it's your first..

I'm going to hit you guys up for all sorts of tips..!

Hell yea man. Nothing can properly prepare you for it but my 2 maim bits of advice for this stage is:

1 - do all the classes like breastfeeding and anti natal classes. if you take 1 thing away from it its worth it.

2 - listen to all the crap people say. Someone might give you 20 bits of advice, if you use 1 bit of it its worth it.

Do you know the sex yet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users