Share your Rig

share rig Oh wait its... TIMMAH! Timmah?

• Please log in to reply
403 replies to this topic

#401 Byskyre

• Steam ID:Muntey

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:33 PM

Ninite is really handy, especially for me as a developer. Just go for what you feel you need. What is the machine for? Media, games, programming workstation?

#402 SpawnSeekSlay

Filthy Casual Console Peasant

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP
  • Members
  • 1454 posts
  • Steam ID:SpawnSeekSlay
  • PSN:SpawnSeekSlay

Posted 01 March 2018 - 12:17 PM

Mostly going to be work (use of a particular program), gaming , and streaming movies or playing movie files. Likely some photo and video editing also.

Gaming will be 50% of it I'd say, and 50% the rest of the above.

Just was wondering if people had a preference of Anti-virus? Free vs Paid AV?

Also along with Steam and GOG, should i be downloading Origin and UPlay etc? Are they worth it? Anything else I should look into getting (apart from Discord, and those just mentioned)

#403 Outlaw213

Ghost of Sparta

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP
  • Members
  • 1278 posts
  • Steam ID:Outlaw213
  • PSN:Outlaw213

Posted 01 March 2018 - 12:43 PM

Install what you need I guess. If you have games on Origin that you play then install Origin, same with UPlay, Blizzard etc, if you got games that require it then install it, otherwise Steam is more than enough.

VLC / Media Player Classic is something I always install. Flux is another one, been using it for years.

I haven't used anti-virus in years, think the default windows one is good enough as long as you know a bit about computers and how to stay safe, know what you're downloading and installing, you'll be fine without it.

Handbrake is good for video encoding. OBS for capturing game play and or streaming.

#404 AdamC

• Steam ID:LygerReach
  • PSN:JadamCrt

Posted 14 March 2018 - 07:28 PM

Thought I'd post this here for abit of info. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: share, rig, Oh wait its..., TIMMAH!, Timmah?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users