Photo

Share your Rig

share rig Oh wait its... TIMMAH! Timmah?

• Please log in to reply
337 replies to this topic

#321 JDogg

JDogg

[NZGR]

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4801 posts
  • PSN:JorDogg

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:46 AM

MightyApe and Computer Lounge come to mind? PC force might too, my workmate likes them for PC parts, unsure if they do pre-made rugs though.

Does your budget need to get screen and keyboard too?

Edited by JDogg, 20 July 2017 - 06:49 AM.

#322 Rocky1986

Rocky1986
  • Steam ID:seamus33

Posted 20 July 2017 - 02:38 PM

MightyApe and Computer Lounge come to mind? PC force might too, my workmate likes them for PC parts, unsure if they do pre-made rugs though.
Does your budget need to get screen and keyboard too?

Nah just a desktop by itself for now, will update the rest at a later date, sweet thanks for the options will have a look.

#323 BattleSnayke

BattleSnayke

Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:48 PM

I bought my prebuilt from PB Tech for $20 more than the individual parts.

#324 Rocky1986

Rocky1986
  • Steam ID:seamus33

Posted 21 July 2017 - 03:16 AM

I bought my prebuilt from PB Tech for $20 more than the individual parts.

nice one, whats the specs of it?

#325 JDogg

JDogg

[NZGR]

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4801 posts
  • PSN:JorDogg

Posted 21 July 2017 - 07:49 AM

Just picked up my new PC, basic specs:
- i7 7700k (water cooled)
- GTX 1080ti (Founders edition but ordered a water cooling kit as it seems to run quite hot)
- 500GB SSD
- 2TB HDD
- 16GB Ram
- Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X mobo

A fair upgrade from my i7 4790 & GTX 980.

Really only purchased it to play BattleGrounds. Used to get 50ish FPS on my old rig on low settings and 1080p, now getting around 100FPS on ultra at 2560x1440. Its insane.

Also bought a BenQ ZOWIE XL2735 monitor, because i couldnt have the PC and not play at decent resolution. Avoided 4k at the moment, screens were all average for the price.

#326 BattleSnayke

BattleSnayke

Posted 21 July 2017 - 12:31 PM

^ this.

If anyone wants a 1080ti cheap let me know cause I might sell it to change another with better cooling (subject to approval from the Mrs).

#327 AdamC

AdamC
  • Steam ID:LygerReach
  • PSN:JadamCrt

Posted 21 July 2017 - 02:27 PM

What temps does it run if ya don't mind?

#328 Scuba_Steve

Scuba_Steve

Gods Evil Twin

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 5891 posts
  • Steam ID:psychomonkey69
  • PSN:PsychoMonkey
  • Wii:ScubaSteve
  • Xbox Live:Psycho Obezyana

Posted 21 July 2017 - 07:46 PM

^ this.

If anyone wants a 1080ti cheap let me know cause I might sell it to change another with better cooling (subject to approval from the Mrs).

I have 5$ & a receipt for some air fittings in my wallet  :whistle:

#329 AdamC

AdamC

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:40 PM

^ this.

Hey just bumping this too see what ya temps were because mine idles at 55c and games at 70-80c. I thought the idle was very high but don't know if I should be worried about it or not. It's asus oc strix 1080ti.

#330 BattleSnayke

BattleSnayke

Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:45 AM

I've bumped my fans up, idle seems fine (I don't know off the top of my head), under load it's at 83-84 degrees, and that's a founders card.

I'm sure your card should be running a lot cooler - what's the airflow in your case like? If you're not getting cooler air through it then it'll run hot as it doesn't vent externally.

#331 AdamC

AdamC

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:44 PM

Yea taking the front of my case off it runs a lot cooler. P400 case only has two little vents top and bottom. Taking filters off helps a lot but front off it's so much cooler.

#332 BattleSnayke

BattleSnayke

Posted 12 August 2017 - 12:48 PM

Ah yes, would prob benefit hugely from a new case and some intake/exhaust fans. Seems a bit pointless having a decent card if the case means it's not running at it's best.

Although, I'm far from an expert, I just bought a pre-built.

#333 AdamC

AdamC

Posted 12 August 2017 - 01:04 PM

It has a 240 AIO for cpu and a 120 Intake below that, and 2 120 Exhaust fans.

With the Dust Filters out I can sit at 4.9MHz on the cpu and around 2000MHz on the GPU at around 70c for both.  With the front Cover removed, I can sit at 60-65c.

With the Dust filters in the Card can still run OC'd and be just below 80, but the CPU hits as High as 87c unless I reduse the clock, but even at stock 4.5MHz it still sits around 75 which spikes the fans. Neither is Throtteling I believe, but its just very loud. 

I did read that this case had good airflow too.... Abit disapointing but Ill see how it goes for Dust buildup without the Vents. 

#334 AdamC

AdamC

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:49 PM

Hey guys, Just wondering if anybody has had trouble with multiple computers using the internet.

I have just fired up my old computer with its own windows 10, but it occasionally gets an "IP Address Conflict" message.

When the old computer is on, my new one has no internet.

There is a Mac and bunch of consoles connected but only the two Windows 10 devices have this issue. 

They are separate versions of windows 10, and I have tried the CMD Prompt IP Config release / renew and that made no difference. 

Any Ideas are appreciated. 

Thanks. 

#335 Scuba_Steve

Scuba_Steve

Gods Evil Twin

• Members
  • 5891 posts
  • Steam ID:psychomonkey69
  • PSN:PsychoMonkey
  • Wii:ScubaSteve
  • Xbox Live:Psycho Obezyana

Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:16 PM

Hey guys, Just wondering if anybody has had trouble with multiple computers using the internet.

I have just fired up my old computer with its own windows 10, but it occasionally gets an "IP Address Conflict" message.

When the old computer is on, my new one has no internet.

There is a Mac and bunch of consoles connected but only the two Windows 10 devices have this issue. 

They are separate versions of windows 10, and I have tried the CMD Prompt IP Config release / renew and that made no difference. 

Any Ideas are appreciated. 

Thanks. 

They are set to receive IP via DHCP aren't they & don't have static IP's?

#336 AdamC

AdamC

Posted 18 August 2017 - 09:46 PM

I may have fixed it by manually updating my Ethernet Driver. But I dont have a Static IP set up through my ISP not sure how to tell on the computer. 

#337 AdamC

AdamC

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:25 AM

Hmm na it still does it.

#338 Outlaw213

Outlaw213

Ghost of Sparta

• Members
  • 1102 posts
  • Steam ID:Outlaw213
  • PSN:Outlaw213

Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:32 AM

Hmm na it still does it.

There might be a device on your network set to have a static IP address, go through each computer to make sure it's getting an IP address automatically through DHCP.

You should be able to login to your router and have a look at the device list of currently connected devices and see if there are any duplicate IP addresses, or just check the devices Ethernet / Wireless connection to see what IP addresses they have assigned look for duplicates.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: share, rig, Oh wait its..., TIMMAH!, Timmah?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users