• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 3106 posts
  • Steam ID:CallanGWProx
  • PSN:CallanGWProx
  • Wii:WiiL I ever get one???
  • Xbox Live:CallanGWProX

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:01 PM

@Matt: Yes, of course, PS1 classics are awesome on the Vita! I've got a whole 16GB mem card just with old games on it LOL.

How does LBP play on the Vita (as compared to big console)?

LBP on the vita is a super fun awesome game..... It's like LBP and LBP2 on the ps3....Uses most or all of the vita functions(Can't really remember having finished it a year+ ago) .....Well in all cases it is a plat former game so if your into those type of games then this will suit exceptionally well

#42 woollywol

woollywol
  • Steam ID:PoodleDjinn
  • PSN:wilywol60
  • Wii:woollywol60

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:38 PM

While there are still a lot of games going for it, it's clear that Sony seem to be decreasing support as shown by Sony's E3 conference. The stage time for the Vita was incredibly low - 

There's a list somewhere on the Vita subreddit of all the confirmed upcoming games. However, looking at it, a lot of them are indies or JRPGs. There's nothing wrong with them, but it's not going to sell systems as well as a Western AAA game would. 

I dunno ... I wouldn't take that E3 conference as definitive proof that Sony is *decreasing* support. 

Hardware sales are actually not doing that badly. In Japan in particular the Vita is doing surprisingly well - here's one link:

http://gamingbolt.co...ds-xl-yet-again

What about the close integration between PS4 and Vita? Surely that's important in how the Vita is seen?

I don't have a PS4, so can't really judge the extent of cross playability. But I can imagine this would be quite a draw card for many PS4 owners.

As to those indies and JRPGs: they are often really well suited to the small screen. Whereas many of the big AAA titles you refer to would not necessarily translate all that well to the Vita's 5".

Finally: why would Sony spend development time and money on a *new* Vita version (the Slim, just released) if they weren't serious about supporting it? With the new Vita, they have addressed some of the criticisms of the original Vita.

I agree, the memory card issue (the biggest gripe) has still not been addressed. 

But on the whole, I'm happy with the direction Sony is taking with the Vita, and am confident of its future.

#43 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

What happened? How did I get here?

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 10904 posts
  • PSN:drunk_monk_13
  • Xbox Live:drunkmonk37

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:56 PM

Agree with the above.

They should put a 4gb card with the vita so it works out of the box

#44 chinaman71

chinaman71

[NZGR] Nomnomnom...

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 2648 posts
  • Steam ID:NZRDT1
  • PSN:RDT1
  • Wii:RDTNZL
  • Xbox Live:George Bush Jr

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:55 PM

Agree with the above.

They should put a 4gb card with the vita so it works out of the box

In my view they should come with 16GB and 32GB inbuilt memory and we should see 64GB and 128GB vita cards as additional. Should be on par with cellphone memory really. PS+ makes space such an essential.

#45 Laser0pz

Laser0pz

Punintentional.

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Gold VIP

• Gaming Night Host
  • 1921 posts
  • Steam ID:Lazer0pz
  • PSN:Lazer0pz
  • Xbox Live:Laser0pz

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:27 PM

They've got 1GB inbuilt into the Vita 2000. :)

What I gathered from E3 (as well as a lot of people looking at various twitter tags like #NoVitaNoBuy, #PSVitaDirect etc.) was that Sony is marketing the Vita more towards Remote Play and PlayStation Now, both of which require an internet connection if you're not home. Layden goes on about PS Now as a main feature of the Vita, when tablets, phones and even TVs can access the exact same thing. The problem with this is that it makes the Vita seem like a $300 accessory instead of a portable games console. Talking about PS Now and Remote Play more than the actual games drive this point home.

Furthermore, the games that Layden mentions are not incredibly strong titles compared to the unknown, unannounced games that the PS4 had. Tales of Hearts R was already out, Child of Light is a port, Minecraft is a port that we already know about, and Telltale Games don't have a very good performance on the Vita - bad quality and they come out a lot later. The Wolf Among Us which isn't even out yet on the Vita. Games like Gravity Rush 2, Freedom Wars and Danganropa 2 would have been a lot better to talk about. 

I don't disagree that the Vita is getting a lot of games - SCEJ definitely supports their Vita. But it really seems that SCEA didn't care at all about the Vita. Sure, they may support it, but if it's there, I can't see it due to their horrible marketing. They spent a bunch of time on a TV show, and offhandedly mentioned a few games that are coming out. None of which had any gameplay (mind you, this isn't including the cross-platform games announced earlier in the show). 

"AAAs" definitely work on the PSVita. Uncharted, Killzone Mercenary, Need for Speed Most Wanted, WipEout, LBP are all great non-ports that were made on the Vita and they all work great on the small screen. 

Sony needs to take a leaf out of Nintendo's book and develop a great first party game that will sell systems. Look at what Mario Kart's done to the Wii U, and Super Smash Bros is just gonna do the same thing.

#46 Callangwproz

Callangwproz

GTA 5 - Most valued player x 5 (Team Deathmatch) + No death

• Members
  • 3106 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:26 AM

They've got 1GB inbuilt into the Vita 2000. :)

I think it was 16GB not 1GB......It just makes me  :puke: being an early adopter

Also I was hoping for a sequel to Golden Abyss...That would have been :thumbsup:

Edited by Callangwproz, 17 June 2014 - 12:28 AM.

#47 Laser0pz

Laser0pz

Punintentional.

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Gold VIP

• Gaming Night Host
  • 1921 posts
  • Steam ID:Lazer0pz
  • PSN:Lazer0pz
  • Xbox Live:Laser0pz

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:57 AM

Nope it's definitely 1GB. You can't actually access it if you have a memory card slotted in, either.  :huh:

#48 atipuss

atipuss
  • Steam ID:atimewmew
  • PSN:atipuss
  • Xbox Live:atipuss

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:13 AM

I think Ps Vita will last the life time of ps4 but they can definitely do more with games. To me games like Dont starve, Child of light, Transistor, Stick it to the man etc basically most of the free ps+ for ps4 should just come out for Vita. All the platform games and buttons smashing suits small screen and leave ps4 for big open world games! :)

#49 Callangwproz

Callangwproz

• Members
  • 3106 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:45 PM

Nope it's definitely 1GB. You can't actually access it if you have a memory card slotted in, either.  :huh:

Hmm.Funny I was sent an email via sony stating that it was 16GB can't find the email any longer though... What the heck do we need 1GB for..

#50 Callangwproz

Callangwproz

• Members
  • 3106 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:47 PM

I think Ps Vita will last the life time of ps4 but they can definitely do more with games. To me games like Dont starve, Child of light, Transistor, Stick it to the man etc basically most of the free ps+ for ps4 should just come out for Vita. All the platform games and buttons smashing suits small screen and leave ps4 for big open world games! :)

Isn't child of light cross buy within the 3 systems(PS3,Ps4 and Vita) also Don't starve is doing out on the vita as another edition I think it was Don't starve survival edition

#51 atipuss

atipuss
  • Steam ID:atimewmew
  • PSN:atipuss
  • Xbox Live:atipuss

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:31 PM

nah I need to buy child of light again if I want it on vita..I know I can do ps4 play link thingy but that's not the same... Those are just examples of game I got that I can see it clearly don't need to be on big screen/ps4. Yes child of light is really pretty blah blah but the game play is so simple :)

#52 woollywol

woollywol

Posted 17 June 2014 - 05:25 PM

Hmm.Funny I was sent an email via sony stating that it was 16GB can't find the email any longer though... What the heck do we need 1GB for..

Callang, you must've misread that - it's def only 1GB built-in. Which makes you wonder who dreamt that one up; pretty useless.

#53 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

• Members
  • 10904 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:46 PM

1gb just makes it work out of the box which is good. Means people can buy a physical game with the vita it will work.

I'm still happy being an early adopter, I have had many great hours with it so I don't care about any "losses" between then and the new one.

Plus that oled screen

#54 Callangwproz

Callangwproz

• Members
  • 3106 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:17 PM

1gb just makes it work out of the box which is good. Means people can buy a physical game with the vita it will work.

I'm still happy being an early adopter, I have had many great hours with it so I don't care about any "losses" between then and the new one.

Plus that oled screen

I soooooo agree with you....It was just that Internal memory that freaked me out...At first I thought it was 16 Gb all along till i read it here  :whistle:  Sigh of relief....Thought Sony ripped us early adopters off....My vita has been in my hands since day one and played every possible vita game so I think, yeah I have stretched the usage of the vita..

#55 Callangwproz

Callangwproz

• Members
  • 3106 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:17 PM

Callang, you must've misread that - it's def only 1GB built-in. Which makes you wonder who dreamt that one up; pretty useless.

Yep, misread it...Time 4 a pair of glasses :lol: But other than out of the box how useful(Or useless in some occasions) is a Gb....I have 2Gb of music and 1 Gb of Walt Disney....For me that 1Gb won't make any difference at all. LOL

Edited by Callangwproz, 17 June 2014 - 11:20 PM.

#56 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

• Members
  • 10904 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:34 PM

Plus that oled screen

I soooooo agree with you....It was just that Internal memory that freaked me out...At first I thought it was 16 Gb all along till i read it here  :whistle:  Sigh of relief....Thought Sony ripped us early adopters off....My vita has been in my hands since day one and played every possible vita game so I think, yeah I have stretched the usage of the vita..

I havent played every possible game so hats off to you but man ive played the sh*t out of it.

Easily trumped my 3DS use.

#57 Callangwproz

Callangwproz

• Members
  • 3106 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:16 PM

If the ps vita had more exclusive titles just for the vita like ninja gaiden (But that was shite too) or golden abyss it would be a super awesome gaming device...Maybe a god of war title just for the vita not talking about a port or something which comes out for other consoles too....

#58 kiwiatlarge

kiwiatlarge

kiwiatlarge

• Members
  • 1530 posts
  • PSN:kiwiatlarge
  • Xbox Live:kiwiatlarge

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:24 PM

I'm contemplating getting Lego Marvel or Movie on PS4 and remote playing it with Vita... effectively giving me something pick up and play to play on the Vita, without settling for the much watered down Vita versions... 

#59 Callangwproz

Callangwproz

• Members
  • 3106 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:26 PM

Did anyone see this yet? 

http://blog.us.plays...ing-action-rpg/

If you are into jrpg or just love gravity rush than this might be for you.....

Great graphics but no gameplay trailer yet but it does look good and expecting something good to come out of this

#60 woollywol

woollywol

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:42 PM

Did anyone see this yet? 

http://blog.us.plays...ing-action-rpg/

If you are into jrpg or just love gravity rush than this might be for you.....

Great graphics but no gameplay trailer yet but it does look good and expecting something good to come out of this

Yep, saw it, and it looks very cool. Not so much rpg, more action adventure I believe.

A trailer (with English subtitles) is available:

https://www.youtube....h?v=TcGDRGZ960s

but actual gameplay video is so far all with the Japanese version.

NZgameshop has the US version listed at a very reasonable $40 for pre-order.

Europe is getting a digital-only release ...

http://www.thesixtha...only-in-europe/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users