drunk_monk

What happened? How did I get here?

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 10675 posts
  • PSN:drunk_monk_13
  • Xbox Live:drunkmonk37

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:10 PM

I'm playing though WRC4 like there's no tomorrow. I'm quite ashamed that I've been playing it more than the PS4, and I've had the PS4 for longer! :blink:

Haha don't be ashamed. We need to keep the vita alive because it's fantastic.

I've been jamming fez. It's good but I don't rate it as high as so many people do.

#22 kiwiatlarge

kiwiatlarge

kiwiatlarge

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 1530 posts
  • PSN:kiwiatlarge
  • Xbox Live:kiwiatlarge

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:27 PM

200 hours of FFXHD is making my rather untouched inFamous Second Son on PS4 jealous...

#23 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

• Members
  • 10675 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:36 PM

200 hours of FFXHD is making my rather untouched inFamous Second Son on PS4 jealous...

How is it on vita?
Fantastic or good enough?

#24 kiwiatlarge

kiwiatlarge

kiwiatlarge

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 1530 posts
  • PSN:kiwiatlarge
  • Xbox Live:kiwiatlarge

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:25 PM

How is it on vita?

It is the best 'quality' HD Remaster on the Vita by far... (probably helps that it isn't a handed off port, but was co-developed for simultaneous PS3 and Vita release)

Honestly, I downloaded GOW Collection last night, and Sly 1 a week or so ago, and they're alright... certainly better than the shabby job that was done with Jak Collection vita port, but they still suffer the same problems that most PS3 HDs (and consequently vita ports) have... the old PS2 prerendered cutscenes look shabby, the screen resolution and format chops and changes.. Things are hard to see, etc..

FFX looks rebuilt completely from the ground up... That goes for the PS3 version too... The gameplay stays the same, but the visuals look like the game was made for the system... more so the Vita, because even with the visual improvements on PS3, it still isn't up with the FFXIII trilogy visuals..

#25 Callangwproz

Callangwproz

GTA 5 - Most valued player x 5 (Team Deathmatch) + No death

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 3106 posts
  • Steam ID:CallanGWProx
  • PSN:CallanGWProx
  • Wii:WiiL I ever get one???
  • Xbox Live:CallanGWProX

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:58 PM

How is it on vita?

It is the best 'quality' HD Remaster on the Vita by far... (probably helps that it isn't a handed off port, but was co-developed for simultaneous PS3 and Vita release)

Honestly, I downloaded GOW Collection last night, and Sly 1 a week or so ago, and they're alright... certainly better than the shabby job that was done with Jak Collection vita port, but they still suffer the same problems that most PS3 HDs (and consequently vita ports) have... the old PS2 prerendered cutscenes look shabby, the screen resolution and format chops and changes.. Things are hard to see, etc..

FFX looks rebuilt completely from the ground up... That goes for the PS3 version too... The gameplay stays the same, but the visuals look like the game was made for the system... more so the Vita, because even with the visual improvements on PS3, it still isn't up with the FFXIII trilogy visuals..

Why oh Why couldn't they give 2 catridges instead of a cartridge and a dlc code

#26 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

• Members
  • 10675 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:28 PM

How is it on vita?

Why oh Why couldn't they give 2 catridges instead of a cartridge and a dlc code

Yea that bugs me.

If we buy it from EU does the code still work in NZ? 

Ive bought plenty of games form NZGAMESHOP but they have never had download codes

#27 atipuss

atipuss
  • Steam ID:atimewmew
  • PSN:atipuss
  • Xbox Live:atipuss

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:25 AM

anyone playing Borderland 2?

#28 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

• Members
  • 10675 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:20 PM

anyone playing Borderland 2?

I've tossed it up a couple of times but im not the biggest fan of the series.

I like the art style, the humor, the general idea, but for some reason just don't like the games.

I've been playing danganronpa on my Vita, its freaking weird but I like it.

#29 atipuss

atipuss
  • Steam ID:atimewmew
  • PSN:atipuss
  • Xbox Live:atipuss

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:23 PM

I got it on ps3 just can't get back into in. Thought it might be more fun on vita.. Started Gravity rush again last night ♡

#30 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

• Members
  • 10675 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:33 PM

I got it on ps3 just can't get back into in. Thought it might be more fun on vita.. Started Gravity rush again last night ♡

They cut down enemies on the screen at any given time, draw distance and bodies disappear when they die.

They had to cut a lot to make it function properly.

I wish they would stop trying to make ps3 games work on it and just get good vita only games, Gravity rush was FANTASTIC.

#31 woollywol

woollywol
  • Steam ID:PoodleDjinn
  • PSN:wilywol60
  • Wii:woollywol60

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:49 PM

I like the art style, the humor, the general idea, but for some reason just don't like the games.

I've been playing danganronpa on my Vita, its freaking weird but I like it.

Same here - really liked the art style and humour of Borderlands, but because I'm absolutely hopeless at FPS I simply can't play it.

Looking forward to Danganronpa! Watching the anime at the moment ...

#32 Laser0pz

Laser0pz

Punintentional.

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Gold VIP

• Gaming Night Host
  • 1885 posts
  • Steam ID:Lazer0pz
  • PSN:Lazer0pz
  • Xbox Live:Laser0pz

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:14 PM

Borderlands 2 should be getting a performance patch next week, so hopefully that'll make it run a bit better.

I was kinda disappointed by the PlayStation E3 Conference. Hardly anything about the Vita at all. And most of the stuff that was mentioned are either indies, imports that have already been released elsewhere, or they've already been announced. I just hope gamescom has a bit more Vita news. It was almost as if Sony avoid talking about the Vita as much as possible. :(

Making it even worse, Final Fantasy Type-0 was announced for the Vita on the PlayStation blog, before changing it to PS4 since it was originally a typo. Check the hashtag #NOVITANOBUY on Twitter. Lots of angry Vita owners.

Edited by Laser0pz, 12 June 2014 - 03:21 PM.

#33 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

• Members
  • 10675 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:08 PM

It was a bit lame but I think they dont want to be seen as beating a dead horse at E3 (and talking too much about Vita could be "seen" as that.

Whereas gamescom seems like a better place for that.  Also they may have some aces up their sleeve which isn't ready yet and we may see them at gamescom.

Ouch that hash tag doesn't look so good.  I still love my Vita but I dont need alot of Triple A games on it, I love indies on it.

I am a little annoyed type-o wont be on it but Sony is crazy for that.  It would have been a HUGE system mover.

#34 Discordia

Discordia

SmashKing

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Bronze VIP

• Members
  • 764 posts
  • PSN:Banzai777
  • Wii:DiscordianFate

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:18 PM

Handhelds took a backseat across the board though at this e3

#35 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

• Members
  • 10675 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:28 PM

Yea, I love handhelds but unless they are bringing new tech I want their coverage at gamescom

#36 Laser0pz

Laser0pz

Punintentional.

• Gaming Night Host
  • 1885 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:42 PM

I still love my Vita but I dont need alot of Triple A games on it, I love indies on it.

I am a little annoyed type-o wont be on it but Sony is crazy for that.  It would have been a HUGE system mover.

Indie games are great, but Sony isn't going to be moving systems in America, Europe etc. if it sells just indies and niche Japanese titles. It needs just a few system sellers to get the ball rolling, like a GTA, GT or a new Call of Duty.

#37 woollywol

woollywol

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:01 PM

I'm pretty gutted about Type-0 too. Can't understand it at all.

Here's a nice link to show anyone who opines "There are no decent games for the Vita, the Vita is dead":

http://www.digitally...vita-hasnt.html

#38 MattTheHuman

MattTheHuman
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:30 PM

I've almost got 100% on Rayman Legends, it's a really fun game. I'm also playing LittleBigPlanet PS Vita again and trying out more community levels. Does anyone else here like to play PS1 classics on the Vita. There fun to play from time to time.

#39 woollywol

woollywol

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:43 PM

@Matt: Yes, of course, PS1 classics are awesome on the Vita! I've got a whole 16GB mem card just with old games on it LOL.

How does LBP play on the Vita (as compared to big console)?

#40 Laser0pz

Laser0pz

Punintentional.

• Gaming Night Host
  • 1885 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:38 PM

I'm pretty gutted about Type-0 too. Can't understand it at all.

Here's a nice link to show anyone who opines "There are no decent games for the Vita, the Vita is dead":

http://www.digitally...vita-hasnt.html

While there are still a lot of games going for it, it's clear that Sony seem to be decreasing support as shown by Sony's E3 conference. The stage time for the Vita was incredibly low - a TV show got more stage time than the Vita did by itself! Even something as simple as showing that sizzle reel would have been better then mentioning a few games. 

There's a list somewhere on the Vita subreddit of all the confirmed upcoming games. However, looking at it, a lot of them are indies or JRPGs. There's nothing wrong with them, but it's not going to sell systems as well as a Western AAA game would. 

A price drop in memory cards, followed by a first-party game and from the Big Four (Activision, Take-Two, Ubisoft or EA) will definitely get the ball rolling. Grand Theft Auto, Grand Turismo, Call of Duty (a good one) or a inFMOUS would all be great potential system sellers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users