drunk_monk

What happened? How did I get here?

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 10191 posts
  • PSN:drunk_monk_13
  • Xbox Live:drunkmonk37

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:10 PM

There is not a lot of talk about Vita that isnt Vita TV.

What are you playing on your Vita?

What are your favorite games?

Any surprisingly good games?

#2 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

• Members
  • 10191 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:12 PM

I've been giving pixeljunk monsters a bash and loving it.
Smart as was a nice surprise for me, really been enjoying doing the daily puzzles.

Gravity rush is my favorite game on it thus far, it had all sorts of issues but still I loved the s**t out of it

#3 jub-jub

jub-jub
  • PSN:jub-jubthedogboy

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:31 PM

Love my Vita and have a heap of game including Gravity Rush, although I need to finish it. Been doing the Lego games lately and AC. I have about 10 games I have not plugged in yet

I have the 3G model so use it for google maps ocassionally. Great for watching TV in bed via the PS3 and Play TV.

The remote play on PS4 is not to bad either

#4 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

• Members
  • 10191 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:04 PM

Love my Vita and have a heap of game including Gravity Rush, although I need to finish it. Been doing the Lego games lately and AC. I have about 10 games I have not plugged in yet

I have the 3G model so use it for google maps ocassionally. Great for watching TV in bed via the PS3 and Play TV.

Nice I got the wifi as I have enough 3g devices.

What did you think of AC? It gets alot.of flack but I actually liked it.

I've got some rpg's I haven't plugged in yet because I know I'll loose alot of time

#5 Callangwproz

Callangwproz

GTA 5 - Most valued player x 5 (Team Deathmatch) + No death

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 3106 posts
  • Steam ID:CallanGWProx
  • PSN:CallanGWProx
  • Wii:WiiL I ever get one???
  • Xbox Live:CallanGWProX

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:33 AM

Lego games are great....Currently playing The amazing spiderman......

#6 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

• Members
  • 10191 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:12 AM

The Lego games are good, I played a few but kinda got bored of them after a while.

Is the amazing spiderman any good? I heard it was really bad.

#7 jub-jub

jub-jub
  • PSN:jub-jubthedogboy

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:13 AM

I've got some rpg's I haven't plugged in yet because I know I'll loose alot of time

Don't have much time for AC so always forget the controls. Its ok but I am a bit crap at it. I like Unit 13 and got Call of Duty for it but I am just fodder for the young kids

#8 Callangwproz

Callangwproz

• Members
  • 3106 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:14 PM

The Lego games are good, I played a few but kinda got bored of them after a while.

Is the amazing spiderman any good? I heard it was really bad.

Yeah it is bad but not as bad as reviewers were saying there are drops in framerates and audio from time to time but doesn't really bother me playing on super hero difficulty

#9 Callangwproz

Callangwproz

• Members
  • 3106 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:25 PM

Don't have much time for AC so always forget the controls. Its ok but I am a bit crap at it. I like Unit 13 and got Call of Duty for it but I am just fodder for the young kids

AC was fun until it completely crashed and had to start all over again dammit about 70% till the platinum....Unit 13 is alright but COD is pretty massive

#10 Silvon

Silvon
  • Steam ID:Silvonvalar
  • PSN:Valarze

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:32 PM

Recently I've been playing Rayman Legends which is really good, and also been playing Final Fantasy X HD, which I switch between on PS3 and Vita depending on where I am, also really good.  FFX looks great on Vita, obviously better on PS3 but it's still a really worthwhile game to have on Vita if you're into JRPGs.  Oh I also bought Ragnarok Odyssey Ace, which is also good, depending on if you're into that type of monster hunter type genre or not. 

I also really enjoyed Dragon's Crown on Vita, and I've played the AC game too, which I didn't enjoy as much as the main iterations, but it was still well worth playing.  

The game I've put the most time into though is definitely Persona 4 Golden, I absolutely love the Persona series, so that was always going to be a definite winner for me and I can't recommend it enough.

Glad to hear the Lego games are good on vita, I haven't played any of them but I have been tempted from time to time to pick one up and give it a whirl.

#11 Callangwproz

Callangwproz

• Members
  • 3106 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:47 PM

Recently I've been playing Rayman Legends which is really good, and also been playing Final Fantasy X HD, which I switch between on PS3 and Vita depending on where I am, also really good.  FFX looks great on Vita, obviously better on PS3 but it's still a really worthwhile game to have on Vita if you're into JRPGs.  Oh I also bought Ragnarok Odyssey Ace, which is also good, depending on if you're into that type of monster hunter type genre or not. 

I also really enjoyed Dragon's Crown on Vita, and I've played the AC game too, which I didn't enjoy as much as the main iterations, but it was still well worth playing.  

The game I've put the most time into though is definitely Persona 4 Golden, I absolutely love the Persona series, so that was always going to be a definite winner for me and I can't recommend it enough.

Glad to hear the Lego games are good on vita, I haven't played any of them but I have been tempted from time to time to pick one up and give it a whirl.

I've got to admit Dragon's Crown is fun with friends but the server has always been an issue for me due to being kicked out on certain occasions. Try the Lego games... had real fun with harry potter and was practically the first game I platinum-ed... I've put an excessive amount of time on the vita having platinum-ed most of the vita games like resistance, Uncharted, Lego Harry potter, Motor-storm and so on...

Edited by Callangwproz, 09 April 2014 - 05:48 PM.

#12 woollywol

woollywol
  • Steam ID:PoodleDjinn
  • PSN:wilywol60
  • Wii:woollywol60

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:34 PM

Silvon, where did you buy Ragnarok ACE? Is it the US version?

#13 Silvon

Silvon

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:17 AM

I picked it up from NZGS, yeah just the US version.  I've been enjoying it so far, but since I played the original I figured I would lol :)

#14 woollywol

woollywol

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:29 AM

I'm waiting and waiting for a Europe release date. But unfortunately the publisher for our region is GungHo ... 'Sometime 2014' is the best I can find.

Saw this:
"There's some new FREE DLC out today for Ragnarok Odyssey ACE! Check out the website for more details on the TALES OF SYMPHONIA set, the Giant King Mask and the Ephemeral Swimsuit!here's some new FREE DLC out today for Ragnarok Odyssey ACE! Check out the website for more details on the TALES OF SYMPHONIA set, the Giant King Mask and the Ephemeral Swimsuit!"

#15 blinky654

blinky654
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:40 AM

Best game on Vita is plants v Zombies

#16 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

• Members
  • 10191 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:51 AM

Best game on Vita is plants v Zombies

Any reasoning for that opinion?

#17 Silvon

Silvon

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:13 PM

I'm waiting and waiting for a Europe release date. But unfortunately the publisher for our region is GungHo ... 'Sometime 2014' is the best I can find.

Saw this:
"There's some new FREE DLC out today for Ragnarok Odyssey ACE! Check out the website for more details on the TALES OF SYMPHONIA set, the Giant King Mask and the Ephemeral Swimsuit!here's some new FREE DLC out today for Ragnarok Odyssey ACE! Check out the website for more details on the TALES OF SYMPHONIA set, the Giant King Mask and the Ephemeral Swimsuit!"

Yeah I was going to wait for the EU release, but it's a game I really want so I figured I'd just go ahead and grab it since I have no idea when we'll get the release over here.  I did see those Tales of Symphonia costumes, and I do rather want them as you knew I would lol!

Hopefully you get that EU release soon though, it's always a pain having to wait so long especially since I believe it'll be a digital only release again.  Edit:  Being able to get the NA version as a physical release was part of why I decided to import it as well.

Edited by Silvon, 12 April 2014 - 07:14 PM.

#18 woollywol

woollywol

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:01 PM

Hopefully you get that EU release soon though, it's always a pain having to wait so long especially since I believe it'll be a digital only release again.  Edit:  Being able to get the NA version as a physical release was part of why I decided to import it as well.

That's fine - I'll be happy with a digital version. 

Fortunately I've just got another Vita game to tide me over - Sorcery Saga. Really cute and fun.

#19 Callangwproz

Callangwproz

• Members
  • 3106 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:19 PM

Ragnarok and ragnarok ACE is exactly the same game with added stages and features which could have been added as a DLC but they wanted to take our $$$....Only thing is they didn't want to say that.....

#20 Laser0pz

Laser0pz

Punintentional.

• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Gaming Night Host
  • 1796 posts
  • Steam ID:Lazer0pz
  • PSN:Lazer0pz
  • Xbox Live:Laser0pz

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:54 AM

I'm playing though WRC4 like there's no tomorrow. I'm quite ashamed that I've been playing it more than the PS4, and I've had the PS4 for longer!  :blink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users