Photo

Games you REFUSE to buy

• Please log in to reply
358 replies to this topic

#1 ironfist92

ironfist92
  • PSN:ironfist92

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:30 AM

This could be a game, franchise/series, genre, developer, or overall publishing company you refuse to purchase games from.

Me personally? I have never played a COD game nor do i ever intend to spend my money on buying one.

Dark Souls because unlike those who play it, I dont have much time and I also enjoy completing my games.

Gran Turismo. Even as an avid Playstation supporter, I cant get over how boring the series is compared to Forza, which I'd rather have.

I also have a personal distaste for anything Zombie related. Too many games. Same gameplay. Oversaturated. Closest one I enjoyed was The Last of Us. Where are the dinosaur games?

#2 Jonathan-OverWorld

Jonathan-OverWorld
  • Steam ID:link_nz
  • PSN:LinkNZ
  • Wii:SW-4823-5180-3430 (Switch)
  • Xbox Live:Linkx NZ

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:33 AM

DmC. :puke:

#3 Shoel

Shoel

The Dev who games

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Bronze VIP

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:41 AM

I refuse to buy any turn based strategy game. As an AoE and SC2 fan, turn based play is contradictory to the real time game play that I enjoy.

#4 Romulus

Romulus

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:58 PM

This could be a game, franchise/series, genre, developer, or overall publishing company you refuse to purchase games from.

Me personally? I have never played a COD game nor do i ever intend to spend my money on buying one.

Dark Souls because unlike those who play it, I dont have much time and I also enjoy completing my games.

Gran Turismo. Even as an avid Playstation supporter, I cant get over how boring the series is compared to Forza, which I'd rather have.

I also have a personal distaste for anything Zombie related. Too many games. Same gameplay. Oversaturated. Closest one I enjoyed was The Last of Us. Where are the dinosaur games?

I used ot think COD wasn't that great  until I played black ops 2 online. It is the shiz. Would recommend you give it a go.

#5 Deanology

Deanology
  • PSN:Yes

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:04 PM

I refuse to buy another Pro Evo, the last years edition was so sh*t.

#6 djkicks

djkicks

Misa <3

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Tester
  • 11168 posts
  • Steam ID:ProfessorKicks
  • Xbox Live:Chalcopyrite

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:06 PM

Hmm. Well there are 10000's of games I won't buy because they are not what I'm into. Nothing I'd refuse to buy with a passion though. But I did stop getting assassins creed after the 2nd game. It was boring as hell and meant to be the best one in the series. I also stopped COD after thrashed MW2 to death and only got MW3 to complete the trilogy.

#7 Romulus

Romulus

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:20 PM

Hmm. Well there are 10000's of games I won't buy because they are not what I'm into. Nothing I'd refuse to buy with a passion though. But I did stop getting assassins creed after the 2nd game. It was boring as hell and meant to be the best one in the series. I also stopped COD after thrashed MW2 to death and only got MW3 to complete the trilogy.

I also stopped buying Assassins Creed. Each game in the series started getting a little bit more boring until finally I was no longer interested at all.

#8 ironfist92

ironfist92
  • PSN:ironfist92

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:33 PM

I also stopped buying Assassins Creed. Each game in the series started getting a little bit more boring until finally I was no longer interested at all.

You're both missing out. Great stories, intriguing characters, epic periods of history and truly amazing gameplay. 

And I find that I get nothing out of COD as I do not play MP in any games save for Borderlands

#9 kiwiatlarge

kiwiatlarge

kiwiatlarge

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 1530 posts
  • PSN:kiwiatlarge
  • Xbox Live:kiwiatlarge

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:14 PM

I will likely no longer ever buy a COD game or an Assassins Creed game... loved COD4, but every game after that upped the ante too much into the James Bond realm of realism... AC for similar reasons as pretty much the majority of AC fans, I've gone slowly off it after AC2.

The "hit" series I just won't touch however is Halo.... found 3 to be mediocre, and only got through it by playing co-op online with a mate in Rotorua... I think I actually hated ODST, and thought my god, this is the series xbox fanboys rag on the playstation for, because apparantly (at the time at least) the ps had no decent exclusives, but xbox had Gears, Halo, Forza, and few B+ exclusives that are that memorable I can't remember... Things got better for me slowly with Reach, the remake and 4, but I've still found the desire to play any more than the first couple of missions of any of them, since that long semi-drunken online evening on Halo 3...

#10 Scuba_Steve

Scuba_Steve

Gods Evil Twin

• Members
  • 5988 posts
  • Steam ID:psychomonkey69
  • PSN:PsychoMonkey
  • Wii:ScubaSteve
  • Xbox Live:Psycho Obezyana

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:04 PM

I refused to buy any CoD past MW2 & any NFS past Underground 2

They just started spamming them out constantly at worse & worse levels

Oh also I refuse to buy FIFA every year, I sorta get it every 5yrs or so

#11 predatorhunter

predatorhunter

Obsessed with Gears of War

• Members
  • 4462 posts
  • Xbox Live:themainman21

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:34 PM

Sports and racing games. Ac games and cod i got ghosts as part of a bundle with my xbox one but wouldnt buy it. And id never buy any of the final fantasy games either.

#12 SpeediePetey

SpeediePetey

SpeediePetey

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • Steam ID:speedie_petey3
  • PSN:Speedie_Petey
  • Xbox Live:SpeediePetey

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:57 PM

Madden. So many sports games bring so little innovation. This one being the worst.

#13 oconnomiyaki

oconnomiyaki

Iconoclast

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 3759 posts
  • PSN:Donutta
  • Xbox Live:oconnomiyaki

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:58 PM

I don't know if I'd refuse to buy a game. Maybe like if the publisher murdered puppies or something. There are plenty of games I don't buy because they're not interesting to me, but it's not like I'm saying "NEVEEEEEEEEER!!"

#14 Booker_T_SUCKAAA

Booker_T_SUCKAAA
  • PSN:BookerT11

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:32 PM

The beauty of having PS+ is that I can try out games for free that I would not usually buy. And if they suck, or more likely that I suck at the game (Grid 2 haha) then I've not lost any money in trialling it out. Win/win.

#15 democracy_savvy

democracy_savvy
  • Xbox Live:Indominus Viper

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:40 PM

I only played AC 4 because it was pirates. I'm done with the Assasins vs Templar bullshit.

#16 nimrod76

nimrod76

Arse Hat

• Tester
  • 19913 posts
  • PSN:Nimrod76

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:50 PM

There's not a single game or series I would never buy, there are plenty I don't buy because they don't interest me but not a single one I would not buy or play because reasons.

#17 ZombieRawkMachine

ZombieRawkMachine

Minister of Sinister

• Members
  • 8384 posts
  • Steam ID:ZombieRawkMachine
  • PSN:ZombieRwkMachine
  • Xbox Live:DrSinIsIn

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:44 PM

tumblr_llyey4n6Oc1qafrh6.gif

Edited by ZombieRawkMachine, 01 March 2014 - 07:45 PM.

#18 AudaciousGnome

AudaciousGnome

Trigger me Timbers

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 6651 posts
  • Steam ID:AudaciousGnome
  • PSN:AudaciousGnome

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:32 PM

Call of Duty. Not necessarily because of the actual game but the online community it has.

#19 Super-Pangolin

Super-Pangolin
  • Steam ID:superpangolin
  • PSN:Super-Pangolin
  • Xbox Live:Super Pangolin

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:33 PM

Am I the only one who hated COD4 and MW2? Multiplayer was rubbish. COD4 had an alright campaign.

#20 tuftsdude

tuftsdude
  • Steam ID:Tuftsdude
  • PSN:Tuftsdude
  • Xbox Live:Achedmars64

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:41 PM

Sports games :puke:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users