Chavra

Jovial Lurker

• NZGamer.com VIP Bronze VIP

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Steam ID:pieterz1
  • Xbox Live:Chavra

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:13 PM

my interest in joining this community night has now been expressed. :P - should b interesting

#22 tom_nz

tom_nz
  • Steam ID:tom_nzl
  • PSN:tom_nzl
  • Xbox Live:Tom nz

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:14 PM

my interest in joining this community night has now been expressed. :P - should b interesting

Sweet mate. On Friday I will update the Xbox 360 Community Night Series thread to be World of Tanks so will add you to the list straight away, hopefully, if I remember. Lol.

#23 tom_nz

tom_nz

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:47 AM

The guy from Xbox NZ has now given me a code to give away as a prize for the first World of Tanks night! How awesome is that?

It's going to be quite hard to organise a community night with the limits on platoon size being 3 people but what I think I'll do is if we get over the xbox live party limit of 8 people I will assign platoon leaders and they will be in party chat with me and will give commands using the LB button. That way we can do the tactics on large scale. The platoon members will all be in a party chat together so they can still hear each other. Also, once we're all in a game together, as long as no one quits out when they die and everyone stays in the match until it finishes we will be able to just use game chat. So there are three options in that mess of a paragraph. Lol.

#24 tom_nz

tom_nz

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:38 AM

Hey guys. Registration is now open for the World of Tanks community night this Thursday (6th March). Just register your interest in this thread. :)

#25 Gille_NZ

Gille_NZ
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:05 AM

Hello everyone, first post for me.

I started playing WOT during the Xbox Beta recently, I got hooked on the gameplay and now also play it on the PC.

I'm keen to team up with a Kiwi crowd. My gamertag on Xbox is True Don 88 and Gille_NZ on PC.

#26 tom_nz

tom_nz

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:14 PM

Hello everyone, first post for me.

I started playing WOT during the Xbox Beta recently, I got hooked on the gameplay and now also play it on the PC.

I'm keen to team up with a Kiwi crowd. My gamertag on Xbox is True Don 88 and Gille_NZ on PC.

Welcome to NZGamer! Always good having new people joining up.

What's your favourite tank to use? And have you got any pointers for noobs like me about tactics?

#27 Gille_NZ

Gille_NZ
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:04 PM

Hi

I'm no expert on WOT but through trial and error {usually a burnt out tank} I've formulated some game rules for myself. 

Like most multiplayer games the team objective is more important than individual kills, so think about how best your play style can help your team win.

Being an older slower guy I prefer tank destroyers { Marder III/ T82 etc}  so I tend to guard home base, flank enemy or slowly follow a battle group to weaken and pick off target's. 

Whatever vehicle I'm in I check it's hit point's i.e T82 has 160 and say if I get less then it's been a poor game, even is average and more is good. I've also found it's often better to go for damage rather than outright kills. If I can detrack the enemy especially heavies then they become a much easier target for my team to hit.

Know your enemy i.e If you know your gun is too weak to harm him don't give away your position by firing on him, be patient and wait for another target to turn up.
Also know the weak point's on enemy vehicles such as hatches, tracks and ammo racks.

Know the maps i.e Choke point's, best routes to enemy base and any high point's which allow you to over watch the battlefield. 

Besides moving as a group cover is your best friend, so use it ! Whether It's bushes to hide in or a building to deter arty It all has it's uses. For me being in a TD I have to move from cover to cover or I'm rapidly killed.

Himmelsdorf is a great example of the above; If you have a group of five for example going up the hill they can usually out gun the enemy then go down the hill and around the back of the map to take the enemy base. Also I've often rushed forward in my light tank to the square in the middle of the map and hidden in the bushes by the fountain, it's a good place to spot and get kill's even shooting stuff up on the hill.

#28 tom_nz

tom_nz

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:42 AM

Hi

I'm no expert on WOT but through trial and error {usually a burnt out tank} I've formulated some game rules for myself. 

Like most multiplayer games the team objective is more important than individual kills, so think about how best your play style can help your team win.

Being an older slower guy I prefer tank destroyers { Marder III/ T82 etc}  so I tend to guard home base, flank enemy or slowly follow a battle group to weaken and pick off target's. 

Whatever vehicle I'm in I check it's hit point's i.e T82 has 160 and say if I get less then it's been a poor game, even is average and more is good. I've also found it's often better to go for damage rather than outright kills. If I can detrack the enemy especially heavies then they become a much easier target for my team to hit.

Know your enemy i.e If you know your gun is too weak to harm him don't give away your position by firing on him, be patient and wait for another target to turn up.
Also know the weak point's on enemy vehicles such as hatches, tracks and ammo racks.

Know the maps i.e Choke point's, best routes to enemy base and any high point's which allow you to over watch the battlefield. 

Besides moving as a group cover is your best friend, so use it ! Whether It's bushes to hide in or a building to deter arty It all has it's uses. For me being in a TD I have to move from cover to cover or I'm rapidly killed.

Himmelsdorf is a great example of the above; If you have a group of five for example going up the hill they can usually out gun the enemy then go down the hill and around the back of the map to take the enemy base. Also I've often rushed forward in my light tank to the square in the middle of the map and hidden in the bushes by the fountain, it's a good place to spot and get kill's even shooting stuff up on the hill.

Awesome! Those are some bloody good tips! Hopefully I can put some of that into practise.

I'll be on tonight around 8.30 ish if anyone is keen to join me. Just need to sort out the playlist for the gta night and then I'll be on there.

#29 Gille_NZ

Gille_NZ
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:17 AM

Hi, just to let everyone know WOT had an update last night, so it might be an idea to log on a little early to run the update as it takes a while to unpack.

#30 Chavra

Chavra

Jovial Lurker

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:38 PM

Hi, just to let everyone know WOT had an update last night, so it might be an idea to log on a little early to run the update as it takes a while to unpack.

ah, cheers for the heads up

#31 tom_nz

tom_nz

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:54 PM

Cheers mate. Good to know.

#32 Octavious

Octavious

Blam Blam Scam!

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Bronze VIP

• Members
  • 1295 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:18 AM

WOT newb here, so I'm cashing in my one dumb question of the year.

When you are using an artillery tank, I see in the online version you target the enemy using an aerial view of the battlefield, but I can't figure out how to action this using the Xbox controller. It looks different to using just the mini map. Does anyone know how to do this or if it's even possible on the 360 version, because I am perplexed.

#33 Chavra

Chavra

Jovial Lurker

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:03 PM

i'm a bit of a noob also in this - but you can fire the same as any other tank - just, you're looking in an overhead view - shots take a fair while to arrive at the target though, depending on distance ofc (RT) to fire (RS) to zoom in further, whist holding down (LT)

#34 Octavious

Octavious

Blam Blam Scam!

• Members
  • 1295 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:06 PM

i'm a bit of a noob also in this - but you can fire the same as any other tank - just, you're looking in an overhead view - shots take a fair while to arrive at the target though, depending on distance ofc (RT) to fire (RS) to zoom in further, whist holding down (LT)

hrm, I've only been able to zoom in and fire like all the other tanks, no aerial view at all which is why I'm confused.

#35 Chavra

Chavra

Jovial Lurker

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:08 PM

what the.. - you sure you're not in a tank destroyer? :\

EDIT: left trigger to aim, right?

Edited by Chavra, 14 March 2014 - 03:25 PM.

#36 Gille_NZ

Gille_NZ
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:13 PM

If your arty you should have a square by your name, tanks have diamonds and tank destroyers triangles.

Napoleon stated that artillery is the God of War and that is true in this game as well. If you can stay undetected and have good scouts you can rule the battlefield.

Today I was in my Priest Arty on the Sand River map, there isn't much cover so I was hiding in the village when an enemy scout came crashing through the buildings to get me. Because the walls slowed him I was able to turn and use the behind vehicle view to get a lucky kill shot off.

#37 Octavious

Octavious

Blam Blam Scam!

• Members
  • 1295 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:10 PM

what the.. - you sure you're not in a tank destroyer? :\

EDIT: left trigger to aim, right?

Looks like I've made a mistake there, I was thinking that the Universal Carrier 2-pdr was arty.  Can anyone link me to which ones are artillery so I can get an idea? I can't find exact information on them at all anywhere.

#38 Chavra

Chavra

Jovial Lurker

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:29 PM

each tank has a symbol to the left of their name in the tanks tab (as Gille said in the previous post :P)

If your arty you should have a square by your name, tanks have diamonds and tank destroyers triangles.

and you can get a little background on each tank by hitting Y when your cursor's on them in the tanks tab also

#39 Gille_NZ

Gille_NZ
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:56 PM

It's a good weekend to play WOT on xbox, you get two days of premium plus 3x for first win and varius discount's.

Not so good on PC, as the latest patch released on Friday is causing all kinds of gremlins !

#40 Octavious

Octavious

Blam Blam Scam!

• Members
  • 1295 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:23 AM

New maps and I'm getting my arse kicked lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users