43 replies to this topic

#1 tom_nz

tom_nz
  • Steam ID:tom_nzl
  • PSN:tom_nzl
  • Xbox Live:Tom nz

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:35 PM

Hey everyone

This is thread for everything World of Tanks on Xbox 360.

Impressions. Meeting up with other NZGamers online for a session. Tips. Ideas on how to run community nights etc.

So get in there! It's free and it looks awesome!

I'll be on tonight and will post up my impressions tomorrow.

My gamertag is tom nz, so feel free to add me if your keen.

#2 D4nzy

D4nzy

The Man.

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Gaming Night Host
  • 4475 posts
  • Xbox Live:D4nzy

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:23 PM

How big was the dl for this?

I went to download it and it said it was like 30mbs or something. But I do not believe that!

#3 tom_nz

tom_nz

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:48 AM

How big was the dl for this?

I went to download it and it said it was like 30mbs or something. But I do not believe that!

Yea that small download is a client and then in the client you download the actual game. I'll check installed size for you tonight but it took my connection (350kb/s average download speed) about 3 hours.

#4 Seraphim

Seraphim
  • Xbox Live:v 3rDiMEnSIoN v

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:56 AM

The full download is about 2.7gb I think.

#5 D4nzy

D4nzy

The Man.

• Gaming Night Host
  • 4475 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:26 AM

Those cheeky clients!

Might have to wait till March to give this a Download! My cap has just about run its course!

Anyone given it a go yet?

#6 tom_nz

tom_nz

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:18 AM

The full download is about 2.7gb I think.

Cheers for that. Saves me a job later. N yea, that is about right. I generally download about a gig per hour.

Those cheeky clients!

Might have to wait till March to give this a Download! My cap has just about run its course!

Anyone given it a go yet?

Yea, was on for a couple of hours last night. It's a bit tough to start off with since you start with crappy tanks and you're generally up against good tanks but it didn't take long for me to unlock and upgrade to some semi decent tanks. It would be really awesome to get a few of us on there and see if we can party up and get some tactics going. I'll do some research and see what the options are on that front. In terms of gameplay, it was easy to get to grips with controls etc and was generally quite rewarding. I'm not sure if I've had my first kill yet as it seems that when I'm shooting at someone, someone else is also shooting at them and I tend to get assists but it's still fun. The maps are fairly limited in numbers but I assume that is something that will be fixed with time.

A good tip for anyone first starting is check out the tank progression map thing and find the tank you want, ie the one with the best stats for you and then work backwards from there. I made the mistake of using some of my points on unlocking stuff which doesn't achieve that end goal.

I can see this becoming very addictive!

Oh and one last thing. The longest I had to wait to find a game to play in was 30 seconds! It was awesome!

#7 LeftoversNZ

LeftoversNZ

It's all in the name

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 2483 posts
  • PSN:LeftoversNZ
  • Wii:What is a Wii?
  • Xbox Live:LeftoversNZ

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:08 AM

what's the player count like and game mode like? Is it like death match in tanks or open world type thing?

I'm curious to check it out but I think I might be running a fine line with my data after installing Dead Rising.

#8 tom_nz

tom_nz

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:13 AM

what's the player count like and game mode like? Is it like death match in tanks or open world type thing?

I'm curious to check it out but I think I might be running a fine line with my data after installing Dead Rising.

Good question about numbers. I think it was about 12-16 per team, of which there were two. The game mode at the moment are relatively small maps where you either kill everyone on the other team or capture their base. You only get one life but if you get killed early on you can start up another game with a different tank and the points still get awarded to you.

Edit: It's up to 15 players per team. :)

2nd Edit: I found my stats. I've killed 4 and died 12 times. Awesome!

#9 dontboszit

dontboszit

Sleeper

• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Gaming Night Host
  • 918 posts
  • Steam ID:dontboszit
  • PSN:DontBoszit
  • Xbox Live:Dont Bosz it

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:43 AM

i downloaded it last night 

gonna give it ago later today 

let me know  if your keen to play some games

gt: Dont Bosz it 

#10 tom_nz

tom_nz

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:22 PM

I'll be on at about 7.30 tonight if anyone is keen. Platoons take up to 3 people so would be cool to jump on with 2 others n see how it works.

#11 Chavra

Chavra

Jovial Lurker

• NZGamer.com VIP Bronze VIP

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Steam ID:pieterz1
  • Xbox Live:Chavra

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:31 PM

i'll download this overnight - cba staring at a dl bar :P - looks like fun

#12 dontboszit

dontboszit

Sleeper

• Gaming Night Host
  • 918 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:44 PM

I'll be on at about 7.30 tonight if anyone is keen. Platoons take up to 3 people so would be cool to jump on with 2 others n see how it works.

hey sorry man i had to hop off early i capped my net  :thumbsdown_original:

#13 tom_nz

tom_nz

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:01 AM

All good mate. That last game we were in I kept looking over to where you were and your health was yellow every time. Lol. It's good fun. Not sure how community nights are going to work yet. I suppose I have until next Thursday to figure it out though.

Any suggestions?

#14 dontboszit

dontboszit

Sleeper

• Gaming Night Host
  • 918 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:49 AM

All good mate. That last game we were in I kept looking over to where you were and your health was yellow every time. Lol. It's good fun. Not sure how community nights are going to work yet. I suppose I have until next Thursday to figure it out though.

Any suggestions?

yea i had no idea what i was doing 

#15 tom_nz

tom_nz

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:52 AM

Any suggestions?

yea i had no idea what i was doing 

From what I've played so far it seems best to stick to the outside of the maps and to get into cover as soon as possible, let other people spot tanks for you and then just shoot at those ones, making sure to check around you occasionally to make sure you aren't getting flanked. It's actually quite tactical. I really like it!

#16 tom_nz

tom_nz

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:45 AM

Xbox NZ may have just hooked us up with a 25,000 Gold and 5,000,000 Silver currency pack! I'll let you know for sure when I get my hands on it.

I won one, so was like, "hey, you don't happen to have another one that I can give away at my first world of tanks night do you?" They said they would see if they can source another one. Sweet! Good on ya Xbox NZ! Bloody legends!

#17 D4nzy

D4nzy

The Man.

• Gaming Night Host
  • 4475 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:16 AM

Xbox NZ may have just hooked us up with a 25,000 Gold and 5,000,000 Silver currency pack! I'll let you know for sure when I get my hands on it.

I won one, so was like, "hey, you don't happen to have another one that I can give away at my first world of tanks night do you?" They said they would see if they can source another one. Sweet! Good on ya Xbox NZ! Bloody legends!

Wow, that's pretty sweet.

The guy who operates that NZ Xbox Facebook page is actually a member on these forums, I think he might be a mate of teljam's as well. He's a good dude.

#18 tom_nz

tom_nz

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:18 AM

The guy who operates that NZ Xbox Facebook page is actually a member on these forums, I think he might be a mate of teljam's as well. He's a good dude.

Sweet, that's pretty awesome. I wonder who it is...

#19 D4nzy

D4nzy

The Man.

• Gaming Night Host
  • 4475 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:21 AM

He isn't really an active member. His username/ GT though is Xtramalt

#20 tom_nz

tom_nz

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:47 AM

He isn't really an active member. His username/ GT though is Xtramalt

That's cool. Might add him and see if he accepts my friend request. :)

Sweet! Just used my code so now I'm rolling in it! Too bad I've got GTA tonight and Halo 4 tomorrow night. Looks like I'll be waiting till Sunday night to spend my winnings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users