• Members
  • 2648 posts
  • Steam ID:NZRDT1
  • PSN:RDT1
  • Wii:RDTNZL
  • Xbox Live:George Bush Jr

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:42 PM

Killzone Shadow Fall - Community Night Thursday 23rd of January @ 9.30pm
Killzone-Shadow-Fall-Multiplayer-Will-RuWe will be running a Killzone Shadow Fall Game Night on Thursday 23rd of January at 9:30pm.

How it works

Add your PS4 username below within this forum post

Send a PS4 request to RDT1

To add a friend log into your PS4 go to: friends > find player on PSN > [insert name] > click on result > send friend request

Click "Follow This Topic" at the top of this thread to get notifications of updates I post in this thread.

We will send you an invite to join through the in-game invite system before the night starts. Otherwise please follow the details below or join on my person.

Otherwise go to warzone and search for:

Game name: ANZ Battlefest 3
Date/time: From 9:30pm NZ, Thursday 23 January
Entry code: 747

It’s also often a good idea to check for any game updates well before the time, as these can take a while to download.

We'd recommend to turn up 15 minutes prior to the start time.

You don't have to be the best to win the prize, you just have to come along and have fun.

Win!

We have some cool prizes to give away for the kiwis ;) (dependent on numbers)

If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask!

Game type will be Warzone with five rounds. Please feel free to suggest whatever you've found to be fun, customisation is the name of the game!

UPDATE: we have decided to join forces with GG ANZ Battlefest for some trans-tasman rivialry. Otherwise add RDT1 as stated above and I will set up a text chat for us so you wont need to think too much!

If you get in the game and find you are on the Aussie team and don't want to ANZAC it up sadly Killzone SF currently lacks a swap team function. You will need to leave and re-enter the game, annoying but totally worth it!

NZgamer.com Attendees:
1. RDT1
2. AudaciousGnome
3. oh2bme
4. Matt13-1
5. Lah-Lah4
6. atipuss
7. Dvst8u

8. mow_dee

9. siamesedreams

10. Rautz_213

11. Atomic360potato

etc...

#2 AudaciousGnome

AudaciousGnome

Trigger me Timbers

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 6651 posts
  • Steam ID:AudaciousGnome
  • PSN:AudaciousGnome

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:46 PM

AudaciousGnome

#3 oh2bme

oh2bme

Average

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 2623 posts
  • PSN:oh2bme
  • Xbox Live:SwimmingEmu3894

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:51 PM

Oh2

#4 chinaman71

chinaman71

[NZGR] Nomnomnom...

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 2648 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:59 PM

Hey guys! going to bump the time to 9.00pm so any Battlefield players can join us (there game is at 8pm) let me know if this is too late and we can push it back and people will have to choose ;)

#5 Matt131

Matt131
  • PSN:Matt13-1

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:17 PM

Yep!

Matt13-1

#6 atipuss

atipuss
  • Steam ID:atimewmew
  • PSN:atipuss
  • Xbox Live:atipuss

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:01 PM

okay GG is on the same night.. can't you guy combine? :P but yeah I'm keen :D

#7 Axe99

Axe99
  • Steam ID:Axe99
  • PSN:Axe99

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:43 PM

Sorry guys, I wouldn't have shot for Thursday with the GG night if I knew you'd be doing one as well, deffo not trying to clash.  Do you want to try and coordinate so we don't clash in the future, or you'd prefer stay away from us smelly Aussies :P.  You should deffo remove my thread from the forum though - it doesn't make any sense you having two KZ events for the same night here ;).  Deffo wasn't trying to cause trouble, apologies for any confusion.

Edited by Axe99, 20 January 2014 - 10:46 PM.

#8 JDogg

JDogg

[NZGR]

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4884 posts
  • PSN:JorDogg

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:33 AM

Damn juat realised im away, count me out for this one.

Edit: Count me in, suggest if we don't have the numbers to crash GGs game at 9.30? NZGR vs GG haha

Edited by JDogg, 21 January 2014 - 06:35 AM.

#9 AudaciousGnome

AudaciousGnome

Trigger me Timbers

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 6651 posts
  • Steam ID:AudaciousGnome
  • PSN:AudaciousGnome

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:47 AM

Damn diden't realise that this was on the same night as BF4. Might only be able to join this this later at night.

#10 atipuss

atipuss

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:24 AM

that's a good idea jdogg! :D

#11 chinaman71

chinaman71

[NZGR] Nomnomnom...

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 2648 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:27 AM

Sorry guys, I wouldn't have shot for Thursday with the GG night if I knew you'd be doing one as well, deffo not trying to clash. Do you want to try and coordinate so we don't clash in the future, or you'd prefer stay away from us smelly Aussies :P. You should deffo remove my thread from the forum though - it doesn't make any sense you having two KZ events for the same night here ;). Deffo wasn't trying to cause trouble, apologies for any confusion.

Hey Axe long time since Clanz days! I think joining the two would be a great idea can get some real trans-tasman rivalry going! Ill add you details to this thread and organise the NZGR players so you have less to think about!

#12 Dvst8u

Dvst8u

Dvst8u

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 3584 posts
  • PSN:Dvst8u

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:14 AM

count me in

#13 atipuss

atipuss

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:15 AM

yay can't wait :D

#14 Durty Driscoll

Durty Driscoll

Brrrrrr

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Bronze VIP

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • PSN:mow_dee
  • Xbox Live:durtydriscoll

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:19 PM

I'm in mow_dee

#15 siamese

siamese

siamesedreams

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 1696 posts
  • PSN:siamesedreams

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:07 PM

I'm in

#16 Axe99

Axe99

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:12 PM

Sounds great RDT, and great to see you still into Killzone :cool:.

Knackered after work, but some thoughts:

- having a combined night sounds awesome :D.  If it goes well, we could go combined for the future?  It'd be easy enough to use the scoreboard to award prizes to the NZGRers independently of the Aussies.  I think we maxed out at around 18-20 in our first game, and that included a good number of the fine folk from NZGR, so I'd say we shouldn't bust the '24' cap.

- It's better if people join the Warzone through the Warzone browser than join through friends, as otherwise it'll keep everyone together in 'blocks' of whoever's joined on whoever, which can unbalance things as people leave and join, so good to encourage people to join through the Warzone browser.  This is also the reason we were discouraging parties from the Warzone, as it could lead to some messy balancing issues, particularly as there's no way to swap sides in-game (should of exiting the warzone and joining again).

- the way warzones work, all we need is the warzone set up and ready to go, and two people to join it, and it's active, so there's no need to push it back to 9:30pm (all times here in NZ DST) on our account - we can agree on the set-up for the week, name the game accordingly, give it the right code, and spread the word that it's the game to look for, and then make sure that there are at least 2 on at 9:00pm so that there's a room made up, and it should all work smoothly.  It will also mean that if we get more than 24, it will automatically make a second room for the 'spillover' with the same settings and code, with no extra work required.  As an added bonus, that Warzone and all the settings are available at any time (as long as it's not deleted), so say we've got a bunch of us on playing on a Sunday arvo, we could all decide to play a closed ANZ game and all we have to do is join on it and get shooting :D.  It's quite a nifty little system :D.  The only reason I start the GG one at 9:30 is that I can't guarantee being on before then, but there's no reason that we couldn't agree on some warzone settings (the GGers are pretty easy going) and then you Kiwis can get rolling as early as is appropriate and the Aussies can all jump in after they've finished work/dinner/chasing kangaroos out of the back paddock?

- when setting up a warzone, make sure to change the default player setting from 12 to 24 if you want a potentially larger game.

- at the moment, the set-up is perfect for community nights, but the lack of being able to switch sides makes it a bit messy for clan-style clashes.  However, if/when it's patched in, we'd deffo be up for more formal NZGR/GG nights, or even a bash at a small KZ:SF clan/site comp, a la the good old KZ2 days  :D.

Just some thoughts based on what we've learned from the two community nights we've had so far, in case they help.  Looking forward to Thursday :D.

#17 Durty Driscoll

Durty Driscoll

Brrrrrr

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Bronze VIP

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • PSN:mow_dee
  • Xbox Live:durtydriscoll

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:39 PM

Any hints on how you can spot the right warzone easier?

Last time I couldn't see it in the browse warzones until 5-10 minutes after everyone was in.

#18 Axe99

Axe99

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:53 PM

Last time I couldn't see it in the browse warzones until 5-10 minutes after everyone was in.

Not sure on this, I'll do some research this evening and see what I can turn up.

#19 Littlelah

Littlelah
  • PSN:Lah-Lah4

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:01 AM

Lah-Lah4

#20 Axe99

Axe99

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:03 AM

Not sure on this, I'll do some research this evening and see what I can turn up.

Had a more thorough look last night, and if it's not showing up on the active warzones (it should after 5-10 minutes, but not for people starting early), just join on someone already in the game.  Last week I bounced in and out of the game between sides, so maybe if RDT1 and m'self do that if it gets unbalanced it should even things up and 'break' the 'joined on friend' links in the game allowing it to balance itself over the long run?  Will be easier once we can just swap sides!

Edited by Axe99, 22 January 2014 - 09:04 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: killzone, ps4, nzgamer, community, awesomeness

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users