nenz

Tom's my b*tch.

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Bronze VIP

• Members
  • 974 posts
  • Steam ID:nenznation
  • Xbox Live:iNenz

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:24 AM

So with the draw announced a week ago, the 2014 NRL season looks pretty awesome with massive clashes every week (not unusual, but this year it seems even bigger). The Nines are about 2 months away, so predictions can begin! The jerseys for the Nines are being released aswell and they are looking quite fine, however the Tigers jersey looks the same as usual (Warriors are blue!) A lot of new signings, big ones being Will Hopoate to the Eels, Sam Tomkins to the Warriors, Jamie Soward to the Panthers, Ben Barba to the Broncos and even SBW resigning for another year! Round 1 - Broncos v Bulldogs is my personal favorite! Predictions?

#2 Muggshot_

Muggshot_
  • PSN:Muggshot_

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:40 PM

The pressure is on for the Warriors this year. With arguable the easiest draw as the teams they have to play twice are generally the weaker teams, they are also playing some of the harder teams at home. I'm really excited to see Tomkins play and also see how the Panthers go with signings such as Elijah Taylor and Jamie Soward. I'm looking forward to Roosters V Rabbitohs in round 1. I'm not really to sure who will win the Nines, but I cannot wait to watch it on TV :D

#3 Ow_Nonu_Bro

Ow_Nonu_Bro

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:36 PM

Really gunning for South Sydney to break their duck this upcoming season.  They have a team stacked with stars.  You know when the Rabbitohs are doing well the NRL is healthy.

As for the Warriors I hope they do well, but hope is the false reality of the truth..  Cant see us making it too deep in to the finals.  I hope I'm proved wrong though.

#4 nenz

nenz

Tom's my b*tch.

• Members
  • 974 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:38 PM

Really gunning for South Sydney to break their duck this upcoming season.  They have a team stacked with stars.  You know when the Rabbitohs are doing well the NRL is healthy.

As for the Warriors I hope they do well, but hope is the false reality of the truth..  Cant see us making it too deep in to the finals.  I hope I'm proved wrong though.

This is the exact feeling I feel about the warriors, I always hope it'll be good but then.. Well, the 2013 season was the perfect example. An amazing winning streak against the top sides, then losing to the bottom sides. Hopefully doesn't happen for 2014.

#5 jamesg

jamesg

Since 1973

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 530 posts
  • PSN:TrickishLicense

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:09 PM

Warriors all the way - Keeping The Faith. Interesting to see where Kevin Locke will play with super fullback Tomkins in the mix, Matt Elliott has no excuse this year to at least get into the 8. 

The wife and I get NRL withdrawals during the off season so the Nines will be a good fix.  

#6 PE0PLEKN0WME

PE0PLEKN0WME

When will Faye Lau's leg be fixed?

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 2422 posts
  • Xbox Live:PE0PLE KN0W ME

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:52 PM

The Great thing with the NRL is you never know who will do it. It is such a tight comp. I Always have 'Hope' for the Warriors more then faith when the season begins and you just ride that wave up until you have to do the math to know how we make the 8 and who needs to lose to who each week.. haha. Can't wait though! Easily my favourite sporting comp to watch these days!

#7 Muggshot_

Muggshot_

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:53 PM

What I think could be a good move by the Warriors is have Tomkins at Fullback, Fishiahi and Locke on the wings and have Vatuvei at lock? I honestly think that could be a great position for big manu!

Edited by Muggshot_, 26 December 2013 - 09:53 PM.

#8 warrfan

warrfan
  • Validating
  • 119 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:12 PM

Let's hope the Warriors can we this one this time

#9 AudaciousGnome

AudaciousGnome

Trigger me Timbers

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 6644 posts
  • Steam ID:AudaciousGnome
  • PSN:AudaciousGnome

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:37 PM

Let's hope the Warriors can we this one this time

*win

#10 KiwiSharp

KiwiSharp

KiwiSharp

• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2985 posts
  • Steam ID:KiwiSharp
  • PSN:KiwiSharp
  • Xbox Live:KiwiSharp

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:59 PM

Looking forward to this season, I am hoping to follow it a lot more closely than I have in previous years. Would be great to see the Warriors in the playoffs, however consistency seems to be their biggest hurdle. Fingers Crossed! The nines sound really interesting, I hope they can draw some good sized crowds.

#11 Muggshot_

Muggshot_

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:18 PM

Russell Packer Jailed for 2 years... What a shame, Wayne Bennett could have made him amazing this year.

#12 PE0PLEKN0WME

PE0PLEKN0WME

• Members
  • 2422 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:27 PM

I think his actions are more of a shame personally. The idiot stomped someone after knocking them to the ground. Pretty gutless!

#13 Muggshot_

Muggshot_

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:43 PM

After all his chances and problems in New Zealand he had a chance to start again and make a name for himself... Well I guess he has definitely made a name for himself now.

#14 PE0PLEKN0WME

PE0PLEKN0WME

• Members
  • 2422 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:31 PM

After all his chances and problems in New Zealand he had a chance to start again and make a name for himself... Well I guess he has definitely made a name for himself now.

Haha. yup but not the good kind. And always hard to shake this kind of thing further down the track in your career

#15 birdman

birdman

[NZGR]

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4009 posts
  • PSN:quackdog

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:53 PM

Chalk up another f***ing neanderthal goon that has stained the name of the great game, waiting for the media to really dig the boot in soon about this. Should have got longer.

Edited by birdman, 06 January 2014 - 07:53 PM.

#16 Muggshot_

Muggshot_

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:21 PM

Chalk up another f***ing neanderthal goon that has stained the name of the great game, waiting for the media to really dig the boot in soon about this. Should have got longer.

He's in prison till Feb then he will appeal, when you say Should have got longer I completely agree with you but he will probably be out before we know it! He could have easily killed that man!

#17 nenz

nenz

Tom's my b*tch.

• Members
  • 974 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:09 AM

So whats happening with Brad Fittler? Will he play in the Nines, or is he just stirring the pot?

There was an image, which shows the front page of his "contract", but it features the old NRL logo - so it doesn't seem legitimate. Here's the image:

mfPFxkj.jpg

#18 Muggshot_

Muggshot_

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:14 AM

So whats happening with Brad Fittler? Will he play in the Nines, or is he just stirring the pot?

There was an image, which shows the front page of his "contract", but it features the old NRL logo - so it doesn't seem legitimate. Here's the image:

mfPFxkj.jpg

It's all real!
http://www.stuff.co....-Auckland-Nines
Also Andrew Johns will be playing in a charity touch game at the Nines betweens Australian Media Vs NZ Media.

#19 nenz

nenz

Tom's my b*tch.

• Members
  • 974 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:20 AM

Just found this though.. http://www.dailytele...s-1226799613236

Looks like that Media game will be with all the old timers? Anyone else you know of going to play?

#20 Muggshot_

Muggshot_

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:06 AM

Stacey Jones, Brett Finch, Monty Betham and Richie Barnett will be playing in the charity match and Liam Messam, Gorden Tallis, Danny Buderus, Wendell Sailor, Ryan Girdler and Nathan Fien have all said they would like to play.
It's going to be played between the Semi and Final on the Sunday I'm pretty sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users