GT6- Thursday Race Nights

• Please log in to reply
670 replies to this topic

#661 Sidawg2

Sidawg2
  • PSN:sidawg2
  • Xbox Live:sidawg2

Posted 18 April 2015 - 04:26 PM

I thought G27 for 250 was expensive. 600 bucks for a wheel?!

#662 ademorg

ademorg
  • Steam ID:ademorg1
  • PSN:adegamer
  • Xbox Live:AdeMorg

Posted 18 April 2015 - 04:59 PM

I have had a G27 for a while now, and would love to keep using it. Unfortunately it won't work on the PS4. I am looking at the Thrustmaster T300RS. It retails at $798 at most places in NZ, so $600 is a really good price.

#663 brettz0r

brettz0r

Gamer / Event Host

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Gold VIP

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2342 posts
  • PSN:BrettzOr

Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:19 PM

I have had a G27 for a while now, and would love to keep using it. Unfortunately it won't work on the PS4. I am looking at the Thrustmaster T300RS. It retails at $798 at most places in NZ, so $600 is a really good price.

Yeah... Its damned expensive!
Then you add the fact that you can still spend another $700 on new pedals and shifter....

I have the same issue: My G25 just wont work on the ps4. Thankfully the new wheel and pedals fit on my rig easy enough.
Ps: Argsy started a new Project Cars thread here

#664 brettz0r

brettz0r

Gamer / Event Host

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2342 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:38 PM

For anyone that hasn't made the jump to ps4 /project cars and are keen to see what its like, I will be streaming tonights race night from 8.
You can find it here

#665 scotteffone

scotteffone
  • Steam ID:scotteffone
  • PSN:scotteffone
  • Wii:scotteffone

Posted 14 May 2015 - 10:56 PM

I'm going to buy this tomorrow so I'll be in for race nights (when I'm not working). That sucks about the logitech wheels, I doubt I'll get a new one at those prices. How's the controller going on this?

#666 ademorg

ademorg
  • Steam ID:ademorg1
  • PSN:adegamer
  • Xbox Live:AdeMorg

Posted 15 May 2015 - 06:53 AM

The controller takes a lot to get use to if you have been using a steering wheel.

Some good racing last night, I really need to practice my starts as I lost about four places at the start of every race. Was a good fight for second place at Bathurst. Unfortunately I out braked myself at the end of Conrod straight so ended third. At least I was third until the game said I was disqualified. Don't know why, I had a fairly clean race.

#667 brettz0r

brettz0r

Gamer / Event Host

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2342 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:58 AM

The controller takes a lot to get use to if you have been using a steering wheel.
Some good racing last night, I really need to practice my starts as I lost about four places at the start of every race. Was a good fight for second place at Bathurst. Unfortunately I out braked myself at the end of Conrod straight so ended third. At least I was third until the game said I was disqualified. Don't know why, I had a fairly clean race.

I'm pretty sure you jumped the start. It would of told you to put for a drive through? I did this once and got dq going into the final lap.
The starts are odd- you gain a decent advantage by starting just b4 the green as it takes a moment for the car to get into gear.

#668 scotteffone

scotteffone
  • Steam ID:scotteffone
  • PSN:scotteffone
  • Wii:scotteffone

Posted 15 May 2015 - 09:50 AM

Sweet, I haven't used a wheel in ages and with GT often used both analogue sticks so I can ease the throttle on and off. I hope to answer my question tonight but if you use a controller with GT and drive "properly" does this feel good?

#669 emetic

emetic

felis fortuna adiuvat

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 5314 posts
  • Steam ID:highwaygothic

Posted 01 February 2016 - 10:39 AM

Bump to say I'm selling my G27 rig in the trade forum, if anyone is interested.

#670 brettz0r

brettz0r

Gamer / Event Host

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2342 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 05:06 PM

how much do you think it's worth?
I've got a g25 doing nothing that I could do the same for

#671 emetic

emetic

felis fortuna adiuvat

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 5314 posts
  • Steam ID:highwaygothic

Posted 01 February 2016 - 09:55 PM

I went by expired TM listings on used G27s, they still sell well because it's so hard to get a quality USB wheel, but I had no idea about the cabinet rig. I offered it here at $300 at a ballpark, less than what I paid for materials of course, but it's well used, and I can go cheaper to regulars but I would start it a bit higher if it ends up on TM.

The physical size is annoying, it needs a ute or trailer to move.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users