#62 emetic

emetic

felis fortuna adiuvat

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 5236 posts
  • Steam ID:highwaygothic

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:25 AM

How come we didn't have a "best anime of 2013" roundup? Derp. I started thinking about a top five for myself but got stuck, as I didn't watch all that many series.

it's annoying for me as Space Bro's was my top throughout the whole year but it started in 2012 so I count it as a 2012 anime.

One's for 2013 that come to mind for me though are Chihayafuru S2, Suisei no Gargantia, Gin no Saji, White Album 2, and probs Hajme no Ippo Rising. I think I could be missing one of my top.

Chihayafuru? You're an interesting guy. I should pick up S1 - I never watched more than one episode, though I kept meaning to do so.

2012 animes are fine to count if episodes were airing in 2013, I reckon. That's my ruling.

I watched Hyouka in 2013 and that might've been my favourite. Let's pretend it aired in that year.

Uchouten Kazoku was super good too.

Shirokuma Cafe!

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure was getting awesome in the eps airing in early 2013. I just saw a listing on anidb for the Stardust Crusaders story beginning in April this year too, so I'm now too excited to sleep until then.

Aku no Hana too.

Samurai Flamenco just sneaks in there maybe.

Hyouge-mono finally got the last 25 eps subbed in 2013, so that counts. That's five top rated animes there! 2013 was an epic year, now that I think about it.

#63 Romulus

Romulus

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:17 PM

Just finished FMA Brotherhood and it was fukn awesome. So glad I caved in to peer pressure and watched the series!

#64 PandaJenkins

PandaJenkins

Otherwise known as 'Pandy Wandy'

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 6123 posts
  • Steam ID:Pandajenkees
  • PSN:Pandajenkins
  • Xbox Live:Panda Jenkins

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:01 PM

How come we didn't have a "best anime of 2013" roundup? Derp. I started thinking about a top five for myself but got stuck, as I didn't watch all that many series.

it's annoying for me as Space Bro's was my top throughout the whole year but it started in 2012 so I count it as a 2012 anime.

One's for 2013 that come to mind for me though are Chihayafuru S2, Suisei no Gargantia, Gin no Saji, White Album 2, and probs Hajme no Ippo Rising. I think I could be missing one of my top.

Chihayafuru? You're an interesting guy. I should pick up S1 - I never watched more than one episode, though I kept meaning to do so.

2012 animes are fine to count if episodes were airing in 2013, I reckon. That's my ruling.

Aku no Hana too.

Samurai Flamenco just sneaks in there maybe.

I enjoyed the first season of Chihaya, but I wouldn't say it was great. Season 2 however... wow that surprised me. I didn't think it would get that much better. It's one of those cases when the second season trumps the first in every way.

Totally forgot about Aku no Hana.... I actually didn't finish it but it was certainly one of the most unique shows I've seen. It certainly achieves making you feel super uncomfortable while being a story of acceptance which was weird.

Samurai Flamenco however... has crept into my worst of the year. I was enjoying that show until episode 7 where it dive-bombed so hard :/ Don't know the last time I was so angry with a show.

#65 Munkah

Munkah

Resident overlord

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Staff
  • 12616 posts
  • Steam ID:Morgadeth
  • PSN:Morgadeth
  • Wii:1032 5522 9691 7697
  • Xbox Live:Morgadeth

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:34 PM

K-on! So moe.

#66 nolsxiii

nolsxiii

noro de~su ノ�� さん

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Blue VIP

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • PSN:nolsxiii

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:23 PM

chromed shell regios, hamatora, log horizon, fairytale, bleach, mushibugyo, naruto, one piece, irregular magician, agame ga kill, and a few others......ah ! guess i couldn't decide after all...

Edited by nolsxiii, 12 October 2014 - 09:07 PM.

#67 palmania

palmania

Gamer since 1982

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Bronze VIP

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • PSN:emma-mania

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:21 AM

My top JP anime is Dragon Ball (not DBZ)
My top Eng anime is Thunder Catz

#68 Atsuko

Atsuko

***ShAdOwPrIncEsS***

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:20 AM

Death Note is the best anime ever.

And this ending! <333

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: anime, comics, japanese

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users