#42 heavyrocks

heavyrocks

Klaatu Barada Nikto

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Bronze VIP

• Members
  • 960 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:15 PM

New video

Still trying to decide on what games to go with, got a couple days to make my mind up, XO launch titles looking badass across the board, thinking it'll prolly come down to getting both Forza 5 LE and Killer Instinct Ultra Combo Pack, then just save for a fightstick, then a headset....Oh and prolly end up with Ryse cause holy hell it looks awesome, and DR3 looks cool.. dammit XO -_-

#43 NZBuc

NZBuc
  • Xbox Live:NZ Buc

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:38 PM

The more I see of powerstar gold, the more tempted I am to get it and hope its similar to the first mario golf game I played (hilarious with four players)

#44 KiwiSharp

KiwiSharp

KiwiSharp

• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2989 posts
  • Steam ID:KiwiSharp
  • PSN:KiwiSharp
  • Xbox Live:KiwiSharp

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:18 PM

The more I see of powerstar gold, the more tempted I am to get it and hope its similar to the first mario golf game I played (hilarious with four players)

Looks interesting with the special abilities and stuff. Might wait and check the price out

#45 NZBuc

NZBuc

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:30 PM

Looks interesting with the special abilities and stuff. Might wait and check the price out

I think people anticipate it to be us$20 (1600msp equivalent)

#46 W1NG3R_NZ

W1NG3R_NZ

Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • Steam ID:WingerNZ
  • PSN:WingerNZL
  • Xbox Live:W1NG3R NZ

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:36 PM

Still don't know what games I'm gonna get haha! Will have Fifa, NBA2K14 and just ordered Ghosts from nzgameshop so that should be plenty. 

Dunno about the Dead Rising, Ryse, Forza etc.., will probably wait for the reviews ;)

#47 Scuba_Steve

Scuba_Steve

Gods Evil Twin

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 5924 posts
  • Steam ID:psychomonkey69
  • PSN:PsychoMonkey
  • Wii:ScubaSteve
  • Xbox Live:Psycho Obezyana

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:01 AM

Still don't know what games I'm gonna get haha! Will have Fifa, NBA2K14 and just ordered Ghosts from nzgameshop so that should be plenty. 

Dunno about the Dead Rising, Ryse, Forza etc.., will probably wait for the reviews ;)

No offense, but doesn't it seem kinda counter-intuitive to buy the more expensive "less powerful" console for multi-platform titles like NBA2K14, FIFA, & CoD?

Maybee it's just me but if it weren't for the games like DR3, Sunset Overdrive*, & Forza I probably wouldn't be looking the XB direction this coming Gen

#48 tuftsdude

tuftsdude
  • Steam ID:Tuftsdude
  • PSN:Tuftsdude
  • Xbox Live:Achedmars64

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:10 AM

The Xbox 360 was less powerful than the PS3. We all know how that went ;)

Personal preference is more reliable/trusted servers, controller, etc.

Edited by tuftsdude, 17 November 2013 - 08:16 AM.

#49 NZBuc

NZBuc

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:15 AM

No offense, but doesn't it seem kinda counter-intuitive to buy the more expensive "less powerful" console for multi-platform titles like NBA2K14, FIFA, & CoD?
Maybee it's just me but if it weren't for the games like DR3, Sunset Overdrive*, & Forza I probably wouldn't be looking the XB direction this coming Gen

The controller/kinect/potential tv integration in nz could be enough to sway people towards the Xbox, even if no first party games appeal.

For me - nba 2k; bf4; madden if I can get it cheap, and likely forza will be my games bought (and FIFA).

Side note - what will we call traditional games like the above? There's no xbla anymore so, "full priced games"? "Disc based games"?

#50 Scuba_Steve

Scuba_Steve

Gods Evil Twin

• Members
  • 5924 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:35 AM

The Xbox 360 was less powerful than the PS3. We all know how that went ;)

Personal preference is more reliable/trusted servers, controller, etc.

Yea but it was also cheaper (upfront), which is why it won out with people wanting "a games console" i.e. parents buying for kids & multi-platform gamers

Also it was easier to program for so despite the PS3 being more powerful (if used right) games were ported (& sometimes very badly) meaning the 360 had the better multi-platform experience*, this time it all appears to be in PS camp; power, price, ease of development

The controller/kinect/potential tv integration in nz could be enough to sway people towards the Xbox, even if no first party games appeal.

For me - nba 2k; bf4; madden if I can get it cheap, and likely forza will be my games bought (and FIFA).

Side note - what will we call traditional games like the above? There's no xbla anymore so, "full priced games"? "Disc based games"?

I guess they could, but for me personally the controllers half 1 half the other it doesn't really matter now in-fact if anything it's kinda stink the XB1 controller doesn't come with the batt pack.

Kinect still needs to be proven.
TV I'm not expecting much here, to be honest I think we're gonna top out at a Igloo, Sky, or the other service Sky owns (can't remember the name) as our "TV integration"

I buy a games console for games, if I wanted the extras I'm on PC hence my curiosity over buying a XB1 for multi-platform given it's more expensive than the PS4 & much less capable than a PC. But I suppose thats each to their own.

As for side note, I think the media is calling them "retail games"

#51 tuftsdude

tuftsdude

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:42 AM

$100 is not going to leave a big hole in my wallet. I get the Kinect 2.0 in return which is naice.

#52 Mattress

Mattress

As in the Bed

• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1845 posts
  • Steam ID:i_mattress_i
  • Xbox Live:I Mattress I

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:57 AM

Well you're taking a lot of liberties here with "more expensive" which is why it may seem counter-intuitive to you. Sure the X1 will probably be slightly less powerful than the PS4, but there isn't really that much in it.

In terms of price though, by the time you add on a PS Eye ($108) to the PS4 ($650) - you are paying more than you would for the X1 ($750)! This is totally ignoring the special deals on offer with the X1 Day One Edition and the inclusion of Fifa 14 or the exceptional Warehouse deal.

I'm lucky enough to be getting the Warehouse deal so in terms of value for money - I'd say I'm getting far more bang for my buck than with the PS4. For $50 extra than the PS4 price, I get 2 games and the Kinect. And from everything I've seen from MS and Sony about the Kinect and PS Eye - the Kinect is the far superior version.

On the controller, the PS4 is better than X1 out of the console bundle because you do get a built in battery pack. But extra PS4 controllers ($118) cost more than extra X1 controllers with a battery pack ($108). And if you have rechargeable batteries, getting extra X1 controllers (at $88 is) actually the far cheaper option.

TLDR: PS4 seems more attractive price wise if you don't go into the details but actually X1 has better value, imo.

Edited by Mattress, 17 November 2013 - 11:02 AM.

#53 NZBuc

NZBuc

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:50 AM

TV I'm not expecting much here, to be honest I think we're gonna top out at a Igloo, Sky, or the other service Sky owns (can't remember the name) as our "TV integration"

I buy a games console for games, if I wanted the extras I'm on PC hence my curiosity over buying a XB1 for multi-platform given it's more expensive than the PS4 & much less capable than a PC. But I suppose thats each to their own.

As for side note, I think the media is calling them "retail games"

"retail games" sounds good to me!

I do like the nba app on 360, and a nfl gamepass one is being worked on (according to the gamepass twitter account), so gives me some good convergence integration at least (if not quite true integration yet).

Having a TiVo being IR blasted commands should work ok for me though (a step up from my google revue)

#54 Goonertron

Goonertron
  • PSN:KiwiGooner13
  • Xbox Live:GoonerTR0N

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:00 PM

Not more expensive at all. $698 for the console which includes FIFA 14, which retails for a hundred dollars. If I brought FIFA with a launch a PS4 it would cost 750 dollars. Plus kinect doesn't look like complete dog sh*t this time around. So that's a nice add on I suppose.

Edited by Goonertron, 17 November 2013 - 12:05 PM.

#55 tuftsdude

tuftsdude

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:04 PM

Not more expensive at all. $698 for the console which includes FIFA 14, which retails for a hundred dollars. If I brought FIFA with a launch a PS4 it would cost 750 dollars. Plus kinect doesn't look like complete dog sh*t this time around.
It was never sh*t -.-

#56 Goonertron

Goonertron
  • PSN:KiwiGooner13
  • Xbox Live:GoonerTR0N

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:07 PM

Not more expensive at all. $698 for the console which includes FIFA 14, which retails for a hundred dollars. If I brought FIFA with a launch a PS4 it would cost 750 dollars. Plus kinect doesn't look like complete dog sh*t this time around.
It was never sh*t -.-

Have a small living room, it sucked... Felt like a beta product.

Edited by Goonertron, 17 November 2013 - 12:08 PM.

#57 tuftsdude

tuftsdude

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:10 PM

It obviously was. Not really the Kinects fault you had a small living room, hah.
I never paid full price for mine and used it a lot. You could've got this cheap magnifying thingy (I've seen it at the warehouse, etc) to reduce the space you need to use it.

#58 Scuba_Steve

Scuba_Steve

Gods Evil Twin

• Members
  • 5924 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:20 PM

Not more expensive at all. $698 for the console which includes FIFA 14, which retails for a hundred dollars. If I brought FIFA with a launch a PS4 it would cost 750 dollars. Plus kinect doesn't look like complete dog sh*t this time around. So that's a nice add on I suppose.

Like most quoting prices I'm talking standard RRP, not discounts, special bundles & 20% off sales. Just straight RRP & in that they are 100$ more expensive.

It obviously was. Not really the Kinects fault you had a small living room, hah.
I never paid full price for mine and used it a lot. You could've got this cheap magnifying thingy (I've seen it at the warehouse, etc) to reduce the space you need to use it.

Tufts I think it's been pretty much established now that you're the only person ever to find the Kinect as great as hyped. The rest of us got bored after 5mins

#59 tuftsdude

tuftsdude

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:26 PM

Because you didn't have enough room space, or you had no one to play with or you go to the gym/run outside/don't exercise at all. I found a lot of uses for the Kinect. People just give up too easily..it's not great, it's not sh*t either.

I'm pretty sure Teljam said him/his son used voice commands a lot for Skyrim, etc.

#60 heavyrocks

heavyrocks

Klaatu Barada Nikto

• Members
  • 960 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:39 PM

From what i've read of the 360 Kinect it looks abit so-so, like a gimmicky add-on and MS knew this, so i think with the Kinect 2.0 on the XO they have really beefed it up and has a lot of potential for becoming daily part of your 'Xbox Experience' which does not really mean a lot to me yet till i can get in there and try it out.

Summers coming up and i'm feeling the urge to show the world what i look like when i get a achievement, no one is ready for my boxers and stained singlet 'it's to hot to care' gaming attire.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Xbox, Microsoft, Discussion

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users