• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1662 posts
  • Steam ID:haxspidornz
  • PSN:promaori
  • Wii:promaori
  • Xbox Live:promaori

Posted 18 July 2017 - 11:59 PM

In all honesty, it's pretty rubbish. I hate cheaters as well, but taking away their purchased content? You could probably CGA Microsoft for a refund or replacement in that instance.

#3982 Jenesyde

Jenesyde
  • Xbox Live:Jenesyde

Posted 20 July 2017 - 03:44 PM

Nice, and you might get 1/7 of that back for trading in :D

Got ten bucks trade-in for it, so that's a net profit of $2.01

Annoyingly, the GOTY version doesn't use the old version's save so I have to start all over again (if I bother).

#3983 mvon007

mvon007

Racing Game Whore

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4067 posts
  • Steam ID:mvon007
  • PSN:mvon007
  • Xbox Live:mvon007

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:54 PM

Wow on both counts!

#3984 iludez

iludez

Just the best

• Members
  • 1810 posts
  • Steam ID:iludez
  • PSN:iludez
  • Xbox Live:iludez

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:52 PM

Suprised you even got $10.

#3985 predatorhunter

predatorhunter

Obsessed with Gears of War

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4424 posts
  • Xbox Live:themainman21

Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:22 PM

PSA: GETTING PERMA BANNED GETS RID OF ALL YOUR DIGITAL GAMES NO MATTER WHAT.

How does one get banned?

Cheating, stuff against EULA. Spreading awareness. Imo its total bs that MS can strip you of all access to the games you payed for as well as access to Xbl online services, regardless of what you did.
Like, you already can't play online, taking all the games away as well is a kick in the balls while your down.
if you earn a permaban you deserve what you get.

#3986 ChieftaiNZ

ChieftaiNZ

I kill alyens and don't afrayd of anythink

• Members
  • 1741 posts
  • Xbox Live:ChieftaiNZ

Posted 20 July 2017 - 08:26 PM

PSA: GETTING PERMA BANNED GETS RID OF ALL YOUR DIGITAL GAMES NO MATTER WHAT.

How does one get banned?

Cheating, stuff against EULA. Spreading awareness. Imo its total bs that MS can strip you of all access to the games you payed for as well as access to Xbl online services, regardless of what you did.
Like, you already can't play online, taking all the games away as well is a kick in the balls while your down.

Gamecheat13's XBL account got locked and he lost access to all his games. All he did was dig in the files of Halo Wars 2 and found the music and other information by looking at files found on his PC after he pre-ordered HW2.

Losing all your games is OTT, especially as most bans are going to be for XBL Infringements against other players. Not being able to play online is enough of a ban considering most games require it anyway.

Then there is the very real risk of a false positive leading to a perma ban. An Innocent player losing access to XBL is bad enough. An Innocent player losing $1000 of in games is even worse.

Edited by ChieftaiNZ, 20 July 2017 - 08:31 PM.

#3987 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

What happened? How did I get here?

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 10463 posts
  • PSN:drunk_monk_13
  • Xbox Live:drunkmonk37

Posted 20 July 2017 - 08:45 PM

TBF an innocent player would probably be able to appeal.

It's the argument as old as time, and it comes down to how reasonable is it to expect people to read and understand all of the T&Cs. I know I don't read every T&C and re read all of em when there are changes so I'd be gutted if I lost my games because I don't know every way I can get banned, permabannes etc.

The reality is buying games, you are buying a licence to play em. You breach the licence terms then you lose the license. That includes market/OS terms.

It's sh*t but it's life.

Edited by drunk_monk, 20 July 2017 - 08:46 PM.

#3988 Wugga

Wugga
  • Steam ID:thewugg
  • PSN:WuggamusPrime
  • Xbox Live:Wugga

Posted 21 July 2017 - 03:02 PM

It is OTT, but leaving those right in place would likely open them up to them being played online by another account, which they could create (yeah, they could blacklist he console, but still) and continue to annoy legit users and continue to breach the Eula. its kinda required to make their moderation robust and meaningful.

#3989 dwnz

dwnz
  • PSN:dwnz1
  • Xbox Live:dwnz1

Posted 21 July 2017 - 07:01 PM

A scenario I read about recently was somebody's girlfriend buying a game for them on Xbox Live with the credit card, only to break up days later, and the girlfriend issued a chargeback on the card. The guy's account was banned permanently, and he was unable to have it reversed. Whether he was telling the truth or not, it is a plausible scenario, and shouldn't make you lose all your digital licenses you've paid for. 

#3990 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

• Members
  • 10463 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:26 PM

A scenario I read about recently was somebody's girlfriend buying a game for them on Xbox Live with the credit card, only to break up days later, and the girlfriend issued a chargeback on the card. The guy's account was banned permanently, and he was unable to have it reversed. Whether he was telling the truth or not, it is a plausible scenario, and shouldn't make you lose all your digital licenses you've paid for.

Have you got a link?

Because I feel like if he was willing to pay for the game plus any fees caused by the chargeback may be reasonable. I'd be interested to find out if there are options he said no to or if they were unreasonable.

#3991 mvon007

mvon007

Racing Game Whore

• Members
  • 4067 posts
  • Steam ID:mvon007
  • PSN:mvon007
  • Xbox Live:mvon007

Posted Yesterday, 07:13 AM

Presumably he was hit harder by that than by the breakup.

#3992 AudaciousGnome

AudaciousGnome

Trigger me Timbers

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 6633 posts
  • Steam ID:AudaciousGnome
  • PSN:AudaciousGnome

Posted Yesterday, 07:30 AM

Assuming they are guilty and its not a mistake. 100% yes!

#3993 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

• Members
  • 10463 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:40 AM

Assuming they are guilty and its not a mistake. 100% yes!

Just out of curiosity do you know all the conditions that can result in a permaban?

How about if the example above is accurate, and the account had a chargeback, so guilty, and it was intentional by the ex so it's not a mistake. Do you think his paid for games should be lost?

#3994 dwnz

dwnz
  • PSN:dwnz1
  • Xbox Live:dwnz1

Posted Yesterday, 02:49 PM

Have you got a link?

Because I feel like if he was willing to pay for the game plus any fees caused by the chargeback may be reasonable. I'd be interested to find out if there are options he said no to or if they were unreasonable.

It was on the Reddit XboxOne page, but the posts were deleted for breaking Reddit guidelines somewhere. I dug around for an update and he said that despite being contacted by Xbox Support, he was given no options to recover his account so he sold his Xbox and bought a PS4.

#3995 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

• Members
  • 10463 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:30 PM

Dann that's sh*t.

#3996 Meanvision

Meanvision
  • Steam ID:Meanvision
  • PSN:Meanvision
  • Xbox Live:Meanviz

Posted Yesterday, 05:40 PM

How's people finding the destiny 2 beta- I didn't find it as interesting as the destiny 1 beta; if I was new to the series an gave the beta a go I would prob give it a miss, it seems to miss out alot that was in the first beta; no levelling, no character creation at the start; no open area to explore.

I enjoyed destiny so I will get it cause I know that stuff will be in it; but it just doesn't have much to interest new players coming to the series.

#3997 CrustySculpture

CrustySculpture
  • Steam ID:CrustySculpture
  • Xbox Live:CrustySculpture

Posted Yesterday, 06:27 PM

How's people finding the destiny 2 beta- I didn't find it as interesting as the destiny 1 beta; if I was new to the series an gave the beta a go I would prob give it a miss, it seems to miss out alot that was in the first beta; no levelling, no character creation at the start; no open area to explore.

I enjoyed destiny so I will get it cause I know that stuff will be in it; but it just doesn't have much to interest new players coming to the series.

Exact opposite for me. I detested D1 but I really enjoy the D2 beta so far

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Xbox, Microsoft, Discussion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users