#1 predatorhunter

predatorhunter

Obsessed with Gears of War

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4435 posts
  • Xbox Live:themainman21

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:34 PM

Should they have announced another Halo or should they have stopped sooner, i enjoy halo games they are good fun and i personally am happy that they are releasing another title. What are your thoughts.

#2 Catalyst440

Catalyst440
  • Members
  • 163 posts
  • Steam ID:[RGC]Catalyst440
  • PSN:Catalyst440
  • Xbox Live:Catalst440

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:39 PM

Personally, It WAS getting a bit old, But the new look Halo that was introduced in Halo 4 (Thanks to 343) and the new enemy types and weapons, It was nice for a fresh start (Not fully fresh, But still better than CoD yearly additions)

But I have so many multi and single player games that i dont find time to play it anymore.

Edited by Catalyst440, 16 August 2013 - 07:39 PM.

#3 democracy_savvy

democracy_savvy
  • Xbox Live:Indominus Viper

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:55 PM

I don't consider any new Halo games to be related to any of the original games. So they can keep making there trilogy as long as they don't go full Call Of Duty with it.

I've been done with Halo since 343 started messing with the Halo Reach multiplayer. Halo 4 was a decent game but wasn't anything special like the original trilogy. All I want them to make now is Halo 2 Anniversary edition. I have to agree with Catalyst in saying that it is definitely better than the same crap Call Of Duty releases every year (CoD Ghost looks just like Black Ops 2 how do so many people not realize that). Assassin's Creed is going down that path now as well.  

#4 predatorhunter

predatorhunter

• Members
  • 4435 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:17 AM

Sad that games get codified.

#5 Catalyst440

Catalyst440
  • Members
  • 163 posts
  • Steam ID:[RGC]Catalyst440
  • PSN:Catalyst440
  • Xbox Live:Catalst440

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:46 AM

Very true, I mean battlefield is already on a 2 year dev cycle, and they have MoH to cover the off year, just like CoD. But hey, I love video games so I'm not complaining. But yes, I would have to say I was very disappointed with halo 4s campaign well I can't really say campaign more like corridor shooter sadly, AND A QTE FOR THE END WHAT YHE F**K. Just sayn

#6 predatorhunter

predatorhunter

• Members
  • 4435 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:16 AM

Very true, I mean battlefield is already on a 2 year dev cycle, and they have MoH to cover the off year, just like CoD. But hey, I love video games so I'm not complaining. But yes, I would have to say I was very disappointed with halo 4s campaign well I can't really say campaign more like corridor shooter sadly, AND A QTE FOR THE END WHAT YHE F**K. Just sayn

the diadact was too easy to beat imo the standard knights were harder.

#7 Waltman

Waltman
  • Xbox Live:Waltman NZ

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:47 AM

Always keen for more halo games. After reading the books and seeing how much they've invested and added to the Lore of Halo I'm sure there will be new Halo games for a long time to come.

After the first trilogy I though ODST was an awesome side-story to go after and really enjoyed the game. Hopefully there may be more games that take story lines like ODST in the future.

Looking forward to Halo 5!

#8 democracy_savvy

democracy_savvy

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:22 PM

the diadact was too easy to beat imo the standard knights were harder.

Yeah I finished on Legendary Solo and the Knights were more challenging. The Diadact was a huge letdown. Even those Stalkers (I think that's what they are called) were harder when they were in a group.

Always keen for more halo games. After reading the books and seeing how much they've invested and added to the Lore of Halo I'm sure there will be new Halo games for a long time to come.

After the first trilogy I though ODST was an awesome side-story to go after and really enjoyed the game. Hopefully there may be more games that take story lines like ODST in the future.

Looking forward to Halo 5!

I loved ODST first game I owned on 360. Don't understand why people hated it. It definitely had one of the best stories.

#9 predatorhunter

predatorhunter

• Members
  • 4435 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:43 PM

i have enjoyed all halo games pre-ordered ODST and HALO4(altough my wouldnt let me have it till xmas) and am looking forward to Halo 5 i just know some people who think its gone on too long.

#10 djkicks

djkicks

Misa <3

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Tester
  • 11082 posts
  • Steam ID:ProfessorKicks
  • Xbox Live:Chalcopyrite

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:03 PM

Here is what I think about each game and brigning out new ones. Some spoilers if you have not played them all, not played them for a while so probably not 100% on details but...

Halo CE was pretty good. Could have ended the series there since it wrapped up what was happening on the Halo ring with MC killing everyone and saving the day. Though there is a lot more to tell with the alien war.

Halo 2 carried on the war with the aliens dudes invading earth which was pretty good too. Cliff hanger ending though!!!

Halo 3, ok finished the fight. Killed the bad guys saved the day, rescued his AI girlfriend. Sacrificed himself to save the eath left floating in space forever. A good but sad ending for MC, but it was a heros ending. Humans made up with the aliens and they all went home. THE END. No need for any more Halo games!

ODST. I like the game. It was different enough from Halo 3 to be enjoyable and not just the same stuff. Good atmosphere and filled in the gaps of whats going on while MC is away from earth. In some ways I think it's better than Halo 3.

Reach, well I'd always kinda hoped they did make a Reach game ever since reading the back story in the manual of the first game. It was a good way of answering some questions. Not playing as MC alone but as a team was cool.

Halo 4. Well when they said a whole new trilogy I was expecting a whole new adventure. But no still more covenant and stuff about forerunners. Why are the covenant fighting MC when they are friends now after Halo 3? I don't know. I did not really like the levels. A lot of them were very empty feeling, like the original Halo library level. I did like the change in sounds and art direction though. End of Halo 4 I don't really see where they would take 5.

But I guess they will always make more and more Halo as long as gamers keep asking "and then what happened? And then what happened after that?" which they seem to ask after every game no just Halo. Gamers have no imagination. I blame all the video games they play :P

#11 democracy_savvy

democracy_savvy

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:59 AM

If they bring the Arbiter back in the next Halo then it might get my attention

That end sucked. Even the driving parts were corridor'd. What happened to the open area levels and the epic warthog escapes on final levels.   

#12 jtbthatsme

jtbthatsme
  • Steam ID:jtbthatsme
  • Xbox Live:HOLY GUACAM0LE

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:56 PM

Not played Halo Wars, don't like ODST much either but all the others I've loved (even though I don't really play them much anymore).  I'd still buy Halo 5 anytime.

#13 Bunnny

Bunnny

Member Since 23 Nov 2006

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Tester
  • 6129 posts
  • Steam ID:BuNNNy_
  • PSN:BuNNNy_
  • Xbox Live:BuNNNy

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:54 PM

Sad that games get codified.

Relevent I think

#14 jtbthatsme

jtbthatsme

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:26 PM

Oh I agree totally I like my next versions to actually be a little different than the same old shtuff rehashed.  Worst part is that CoD's multiplayer has also ruined the campaign games as well.

A lot of devs focus mostly on short campaigns or 6 - 8 hours at best to concentrate on multiplayer offerings.  I don't and won't buy CoD games for this reason.  I simply like a decent campaign (preferrably one I can play with another person) and then move on to multi.

I do realise it's about the $$$ and that's where and why an engagin multi is important but I just think they should put as much effort into the campaign game too.

#15 Winger Gee

Winger Gee

WingerGee

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 1009 posts
  • Xbox Live:WingerGee88

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:29 PM

mmm... too much of a good thing ?? Maybe but good for the library when home all the time.

#16 predatorhunter

predatorhunter

• Members
  • 4435 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:52 PM

as long as they take their time on it it should be good.

#17 jtbthatsme

jtbthatsme

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:19 PM

Well I think they did a pretty good job of the Halo 4 story and gameplay so I wouldn't think they'll drop the ball this time.

#18 democracy_savvy

democracy_savvy

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:23 PM

Well I think they did a pretty good job of the Halo 4 story and gameplay so I wouldn't think they'll drop the ball this time.

Having Elites as enemies confused me too hell in that game. All the other aliens fighting you makes sense but Elites come on they are supposed to be allied with humans.

#19 dontboszit

dontboszit

Sleeper

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Silver VIP

• Gaming Night Host
  • 902 posts
  • Steam ID:dontboszit
  • PSN:DontBoszit
  • Xbox Live:Dont Bosz it

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:05 PM

Halo 4 was done really well but the multiplayer on this game felt too much like COD i wish they step it down like keep the ordnance  just make it purely power weapons (like the rocket launcher or sniper rifle) if any thing make i more like halo 3 or reach.

but i wish they bring back the Arbiter in one way or another i really liked his  story arc in halo 2 especially the boss fight at the end of halo2.

So i do wish for Halo 5 but on the multiplayer side im sort of yea nah   

#20 democracy_savvy

democracy_savvy

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:16 AM

Halo 4 was done really well but the multiplayer on this game felt too much like COD i wish they step it down like keep the ordnance  just make it purely power weapons (like the rocket launcher or sniper rifle) if any thing make i more like halo 3 or reach.

but i wish they bring back the Arbiter in one way or another i really liked his  story arc in halo 2 especially the boss fight at the end of halo2.

So i do wish for Halo 5 but on the multiplayer side im sort of yea nah   

Yeah Arbiter needs to comeback to save co-op campaign. Different characters for each player was a good thing in Halo 3. Halo 4 multi was fun for month.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users