Gt5 Gran Turismo 5 Race Series win community night

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#41 BlazingBullet

BlazingBullet
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:22 PM

That's a lot of toe out :P Surely you must have some other suspension settings causing understeer?

I've gone with FF cars, as they're naturally better for little tracks in the 450PP range with super softs on. :) Plus I like driving FF because it's cool. Give the CR-Z TC a go... The Prius TC is fast too, but it has no gears so it's kind of bizarre to drive. :)

Tried as much as I could... Tried max spring and height at the back and still couldn't get it working properly... So I gave up xD Might try a few of those cars you suggested to see if I can get a better time...

#42 brettz0r

brettz0r

Gamer / Event Host

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Gold VIP

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2342 posts
  • PSN:BrettzOr

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:02 AM

I really need to get a better understanding of suspension settings. I know the basics but clearly not as much as you guys!
It's sad considering my dad is a wheel alignment and suspension expert :/

Anywho: just a reminder: qualifying starts 8pm tonight, racing starts at 8.30.
- I no doubt will be on a bit earlier and everybody is welcome to join in whenever they like

Hope to see you all there!

#43 MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan
  • Steam ID:Monkeyman_707
  • PSN:Monkeyman_707
  • Xbox Live:MonkeyManRacing

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:56 PM

I love driving in GT5 o_o I kind of forget. Really looking forward to GT6 single player.

screw single player im looking forward to these race nights on gt6 :D

#44 emetic

emetic

felis fortuna adiuvat

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 5314 posts
  • Steam ID:highwaygothic

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:58 PM

I couldn't be bothered getting up and setting the headset up and everything to join in tonight :-( Sorry.

#45 brettz0r

brettz0r

Gamer / Event Host

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2342 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:12 PM

Excell still down: Best I can be bothered doing for now.

qqadz1b2.t2x.jpg

Hey guys. What a great turn out for night one of the Awesome August Race series. Sounded like a few people had incidents but apart from that I think everything went well!

Sidawg2 (Not "Sidawg1" as my mistake shows in results) managed to come out on top with two first's and a second. Who will topple him next week with the 550PP Races? Come back same time and same place next week and give it a go!

#46 Sidawg2

Sidawg2
  • PSN:sidawg2
  • Xbox Live:sidawg2

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:22 PM

That Sidawg1 sounds like a top guy. 

Was fun tonight, I largely stayed undamaged until Brett forgot to brake. Same can't be said for others though haha!

#47 brettz0r

brettz0r

Gamer / Event Host

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2342 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:59 PM

Was fun tonight, I largely stayed undamaged until Brett forgot to brake. Same can't be said for others though haha!

Yeah that was a good mistake.. I got no damage from it :P (didn't help me beat you though)
I got minor damage in Rome on last lap by ramming into a wall managed to keep it clean other than that

Just wanted to point something out as well for the new guys: We ban the Chaparral race car as it seems to outpace any car it comes up against with the same PP by a country mile. 

#48 MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:28 AM

Man those damn walls screwed me over on rome but apart from that it was good fun last night.
Didnt realise you guys got past triumph on rome (so i thought i was closer :( )

#49 4beenevil

4beenevil
  • PSN:fourbeenevil

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:06 AM

Got screw over by been rear ended in both races and got penalty for it. Wasn't my fault for either. That's why penalty system is sh*t in gt 5. Some close racing with nsx on top gear track.

#50 BlazingBullet

BlazingBullet
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:16 AM

Got screw over by been rear ended in both races and got penalty for it. Wasn't my fault for either. That's why penalty system is sh*t in gt 5. Some close racing with nsx on top gear track.

Fark should really watch where I'm going then :P

Looking forward to the next few weeks.. Hopefully can turn the month around and improve on my dismal start. :D

#51 MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:17 AM

wasnt me, you didnt exist on my game

#52 Sidawg2

Sidawg2

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:24 AM

Yeah, these things happen though

And that was good on the top gear track, until i nearly spun you off and then got a 40 second penalty -_-

#53 fifamessi

fifamessi

"fifamessi is why I come to NZGamer" - Emz 2013

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Tester
  • 7019 posts
  • PSN:fifamessi

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:27 AM

Good races yesterday. Well done Sid and Brett and Monkey, you guys were too good for the rest of us.

Regarding the penalty system, while it is obviously keeping the race more fair and clean. It has one huge downside, the fact that a bump equals damaged wheels and axels which sometimes makes no sense. Cars get beat up a lot in real races and some get bumped hard but receive only cosmetic damage something GT does not simulate very well(the damage aspect I mean). Damage should be present, but maybe bumping down the penalty duration down would benefit the race/racers.

An even bigger reason that the damage penalty system should be changed is the fact that not everyone in the room is very good at the game. Different skill sets need to be taken into account to create a more competetive and fun experience for everyone not just a select few. I do not mind losing or even coming last, that is not what GT5 is about, to me it is about having fun and competing.

As an extreme example lets say you practise driving the Ring, you get great times and qualify fairly well. So you dedicated a few hours to learn the track and car, all for it to go down the drain in the first corner because somebody did not brake at the right time, did not follow racing ettiquete or just made a normal human mistake. Now you pay for it for the whole duration of the race with no chance to compete unless you pit(which in a 6 lap race is completely useless). This full damage model is fine for me and for some of the other drivers but maybe it would be better if we had a vote or something on the amount of damage and the duration it lasts in order that everyone can compete. I was only really effected by damage in race 2 I think.

Now I would vote to decrease damage duration one level below what it currently sits at. If the group decide that the way it is, is fine then I have no problem with the decision. Its just a suggestion for the good of community.

P.s. I was way too slow on that "inside" track, Also I was not really actively seeking out to slow Sid and Brett down, was just racing a bit more defensive than usual and in the end they still overtook me Lol. Good races again, we shall convene next week for round 2. 500pp should be interesting, hoping I can find a more competitive automobile.

#54 emetic

emetic

felis fortuna adiuvat

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 5314 posts
  • Steam ID:highwaygothic

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:27 AM

Forty second penalty? wtf GT5 lol.

#55 brettz0r

brettz0r

Gamer / Event Host

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2342 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:05 PM

Yeah it's a bit an annoying issue really. To be honest: the Full damage penalty has actually had a good effect on racing as a whole.
People are generally more carefull now and has added a a better racing environment.
But the obvious downside, accidental damage on first laps do make things a bit sad for those involved.

I intend on keeping the rules the same for this series: it's what defines it in my opinion.
-I just hope everyone takes the Sidawg2 approach to the game: 6 laps in enough time make your way up the field: take it easy and give other players more room than they need as you both may come off with terrible damage.

Monkey saw him do this on Rome when Si braked super easily for one corner, even though he had track position. This saved any potential accident... Well untill monkey got distracted and hit the wall by himself lol.

We can always change things around for future events. Most likely: there won't be much in the way of ht5 events left but gt6 I will try and run many many more.

#56 Sidawg2

Sidawg2

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:57 PM

Also by being careful at the start you save your tyres and then you can absolutely monster them later in the race.

Also these next two events tyre wear is going to be a bigger thing, longer tracks and more powerful cars

Edited by Sidawg2, 09 August 2013 - 04:58 PM.

#57 brettz0r

brettz0r

Gamer / Event Host

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2342 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:50 PM

P.s. I was way too slow on that "inside" track, Also I was not really actively seeking out to slow Sid and Brett down, was just racing a bit more defensive than usual and in the end they still overtook me Lol. Good races again, we shall convene next week for round 2. 500pp should be interesting, hoping I can find a more competitive automobile.

Two things:
1: Its 550PP - Make sure you don't under power yourself!

2: You wern't doing anything wrong on Cape Ring, you held your lines and it was just hard to pass you!

And on a side note: I have made a copy of each race on my laptop and will upload them to youtube once my monthly cap re-sets in few days. Some people may like to watch it. After watching it myself: MonkeyMan - I think you should try port forwarding if you can Plus run the PS3 on a wired network instead of wireless?
Sidawg only got passed you on Tskubu cos a big lag plus a saw you skip a couple times on Rome. Plus may fix the problem with you not seeing all players? It changed my connection from moderate to open on COD, so it should be worth it

#58 fifamessi

fifamessi

"fifamessi is why I come to NZGamer" - Emz 2013

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Tester
  • 7019 posts
  • PSN:fifamessi

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:07 AM

550? Thanks for correcting me haha.

#59 MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:17 AM

Too much of a mission to run wire to the PS but i really should try that port forwarding thing,

and yeah i new it was the lag that let him through, i may not be able to keep up outright but i sure can block  :P

Also are the people without headphones listening to the rest of us? would kinda suck just racing and no interaction 

#60 tuftsdude

tuftsdude
  • Steam ID:Tuftsdude
  • PSN:Tuftsdude
  • Xbox Live:Achedmars64

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:23 AM

Good races yesterday. Well done Sid and Brett and Monkey, you guys were too good for the rest of us.

Regarding the penalty system, while it is obviously keeping the race more fair and clean. It has one huge downside, the fact that a bump equals damaged wheels and axels which sometimes makes no sense. Cars get beat up a lot in real races and some get bumped hard but receive only cosmetic damage something GT does not simulate very well(the damage aspect I mean). Damage should be present, but maybe bumping down the penalty duration down would benefit the race/racers.

-Snip-

I agree with this. Two reasons I didn't sign up

1) It's on Thursday

2)Penalty system

I'm a newb to GT5 and I crash heaps.

3) I don't know much about the cars and PP thingy :lol:

Doubt I'll sign up to the next one unless I get to practice heaps cause I really suck.

Anyways, seems like everyone here's a pro. Good luck everyone.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gt5, Gran Turismo 5, Race, Series, win, community night

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users