#41 emetic

emetic

felis fortuna adiuvat

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 5314 posts
  • Steam ID:highwaygothic

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:11 PM

For some reason I'm not finding this one so fun either. Maybe it's Sidawg's unattainable target time (though I should be used to that from similar situations on my XBL friend leaderboards) or maybe it's just my attitude, but I'm not getting in to this and not sticking at it to put in a good time.

I had a go at H-pattern + clutch too, but that didn't go so well.

#42 YobboNZ

YobboNZ

Punk's not dead.

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 656 posts
  • Steam ID:Yobbo NZ
  • PSN:Yobbo_NZ
  • Xbox Live:Yobbo NZ

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:38 PM

I was surprised that sliding through and out of becketts was causing me to pull ahead of my tidy and clean ghost!

Something weird going on if that's the case.

#43 Sidawg2

Sidawg2
  • PSN:sidawg2
  • Xbox Live:sidawg2

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:46 PM

Yeah, there needs to be something which deters murdering the tyres. Like tyre wear which resets or something like that.

#44 BlazingBullet

BlazingBullet
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:05 PM

Hmmm... so the tyre modelling is data acquired from Yokohama tyres.. who sponsor pretty much every major super lap competition in the world.. meaning they do drifties as well when they're doing their runs??? Sorry but I'm not convinced PD..

Anyway, I'm loving this time trial.. it was definitely more fun than the academy edition time trial since its a real track. Not one made with the course editor. 

Just posted a time of 2:19:324 btw.

#45 brettz0r

brettz0r

Gamer / Event Host

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Gold VIP

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2342 posts
  • PSN:BrettzOr

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:06 PM

Hmmm... so the tyre modelling is data acquired from Yokohama tyres.. who sponsor pretty much every major super lap competition in the world.. meaning they do drifties as well when they're doing their runs??? Sorry but I'm not convinced PD..

Anyway, I'm loving this time trial.. it was definitely more fun than the academy edition time trial since its a real track. Not one made with the course editor. 

Just posted a time of 2:19:324 btw.

Nice Time Blazing!
Added you to the table.

I am usually good at these things but I just haven't figured out how to get the car into a controllable slide. I don't know if I will try for a quicker time or not from here as I am so far behind :/

j51dkxlh.3ds.jpg

#46 BlazingBullet

BlazingBullet
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:53 AM

Thanks Brettz0r. That time was with me taking copse corner in 3rd gear too... so there's a lot more I need to work on to get #MAXIMUMATTACK (lol for the Speedhunters reference!)

The 370z is a horrible car to drive.. I'll never understand why Nissan won't bring back the Silvia!

Anyway, NEVER corner and fully brake at the same time otherwise you'll understeer. Scrub off a majority of the speed on full brakes in the straight away and as you enter the corner reduce brake pressure to "half" and trail off when you get to/past the apex.

#47 Sidawg2

Sidawg2

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:28 PM

I just worked out that if I add all my 4 TT's together I get 2 15.8. Which is a whole second faster than #1 in the world. Wonder how that works.

That is a nice lap Blazing, Copse & luffield are the death of my lap on controller. Another thing i'd add to the above is that focussing on exit of corners is key, especially if its followed by a straight.

#48 brettz0r

brettz0r

Gamer / Event Host

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2342 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:11 PM

I just worked out that if I add all my 4 TT's together I get 2 15.8. Which is a whole second faster than #1 in the world. Wonder how that works.

I was thinking that maybe the cut the track down a bit in the sections... So i added the length of each section and I got the oppisit of what I expected. All four sections come to 4.16 miles where one full lap is 3.66Miles..
Makes even less sense now

#49 BlazingBullet

BlazingBullet
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:42 PM

I was thinking that maybe the cut the track down a bit in the sections... So i added the length of each section and I got the oppisit of what I expected. All four sections come to 4.16 miles where one full lap is 3.66Miles..
Makes even less sense now

I was never really good at maths lol. Its nice to look at the theory but as I see it, if Ti-tech85 did a theoretical time his would still be better.. Metrics are good and all but if you think about it too much you put too much pressure on yourself and you drive worse (imo)..

I can believe that your using a controller sidwag.. thats a crazy effort.

Just lapped a 2:19.061

It'll do for tonight...

Personally I'm wanting an NZ 1-2-3 in the regional boards by the time the competitions over! Stick that in your pipe and smoke it. NZ deserves to have GT academy back! :D

Edited by BlazingBullet, 09 July 2013 - 09:46 PM.

#50 Sidawg2

Sidawg2

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:06 PM

I think the answer to the question is that you "drive" part of the track under control up to the line which counts for track mileage but not time.

Lowered my time to a 2 18.757, I'd say it won't be long till you knock me off.

I know I can go so much faster than that but can't put a good overall lap together.

#51 BlazingBullet

BlazingBullet
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:20 AM

I think the answer to the question is that you "drive" part of the track under control up to the line which counts for track mileage but not time.

I know I can go so much faster than that but can't put a good overall lap together.

I still cant believe your making the times you are now with just a controller! Top effort!

I've sorted the track up to Luffeild but after that it goes pretty down hill. Copse is getting better for but nailing Becketts without spinning is a real challenge...

#52 kiwiatlarge

kiwiatlarge

kiwiatlarge

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 1530 posts
  • PSN:kiwiatlarge
  • Xbox Live:kiwiatlarge

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:10 PM

I'll post mine up for inclusion, but the times aren't flash... I think the only ones I've raced more than a handful of times are the first two, which I think I have Silvers on... and the full lap I've only completed under the qualifier time the once...

#53 tuftsdude

tuftsdude
  • Steam ID:Tuftsdude
  • PSN:Tuftsdude
  • Xbox Live:Achedmars64

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:53 PM

I'll post mine up for inclusion, but the times aren't flash... I think the only ones I've raced more than a handful of times are the first two, which I think I have Silvers on... and the full lap I've only completed under the qualifier time the once...

Mwahaha...lets see who has worse times....

I'm doing the races on my acc atm.

#54 brettz0r

brettz0r

Gamer / Event Host

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2342 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:45 PM

I still cant believe your making the times you are now with just a controller! Top effort!

I think if GT Academy was in NZ: Sidawg should request that his drive in a real car has a PS3 controller as the main driving unit (Like in Men in Black 2)

Mwahaha...lets see who has worse times....

Surely you guys can not be worse than Teljam?!

#55 tuftsdude

tuftsdude

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:54 PM

lolol I think I am. Didn't get too far on my acc today, should have times up by tomorrow though (got a test tomorrow >.<)

Poor Teljam...

#56 kiwiatlarge

kiwiatlarge

kiwiatlarge

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 1530 posts
  • PSN:kiwiatlarge
  • Xbox Live:kiwiatlarge

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:30 PM

ok... puttering along at the back of the queue we have..

1. 36.762

2. 47.447

3. 27.849

4. 38.730

5. 2.36.656

lol... I better get some practice in... :P (and yes I've only done the full lap the once)

#57 tuftsdude

tuftsdude

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:34 PM

ok... puttering along at the back of the queue we have..

1. 36.762
2. 47.447
3. 27.849
4. 38.730
5. 2.36.656

lol... I better get some practice in... :P (and yes I've only done the full lap the once)

I saw the finishing line like 3 times, my time was 3:30+ and I went out a bit...I gave up after half an hour...might try some other time...

#58 brettz0r

brettz0r

Gamer / Event Host

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2342 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:40 PM

Cheers for posting those times guys!
I will update the chart  sometime tomorrow if I get time :)

PS: I should be able to confirm what the winner gets some time next week, its a very fitting prize!

#59 oh2bme

oh2bme

Average

• Members
  • 2620 posts
  • PSN:oh2bme
  • Xbox Live:SwimmingEmu3894

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:36 PM

I will update the chart  sometime tomorrow if I get time :)
PS: I should be able to confirm what the winner gets some time next week, its a very fitting prize!

Fitting as in you have to be in an eligible country to claim said prize?

#60 brettz0r

brettz0r

Gamer / Event Host

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2342 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:51 AM

I will update the chart sometime tomorrow if I get time :)

Fitting as in you have to be in an eligible country to claim said prize?
Haha. Yes and no. You do need a NZ address for the prize to be sent out to you.
It was a prize that just makes sense and who ever wins it will enjoy it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users