Metsu Shoryuken

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Bronze VIP

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • Steam ID:D4RK HADOU
  • PSN:pakeha_soldier
  • Xbox Live:D4RK HADOU

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:35 PM

What are peoples thoughts on versus XIII being made into XV for the next gen? 

I'm pretty excited, especially after watching the trailer today as seen below:

#2 twisterjamz

twisterjamz

White Lotus

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 5128 posts
  • Steam ID:twisterjamz
  • PSN:twisterjamzz

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:50 PM

I forgot there was a Final Fantasy area as I made a thread in the PS4 area but saw this so deleted it

I loved it, the next gen graphics were unbelieveable and the new gameplay style (I think its new, where there was no turn based playing style) was perfect, definitely on my list of games to buy for PS4

#3 OrkMischief

OrkMischief

Level 100 Zelda Master

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Bronze VIP

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • PSN:II_SanD_CameL
  • Wii:Wii U - IIMILLER
  • Xbox Live:II MlLLER

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:59 PM

I'm a huge fan of the sprite generations and the 3 PSone games.

I really hope this can be as good as those classic titles.

Lost Odyssey is the best Final Fantasy game since FFIX in my opinion and that wasn't even made by Square-enix lol.

I enjoyed FFX but don't rate it that highly and I could not get into XII.

And yes I have played every single Final Fantasy game there is!!

#4 KILL-TONE

KILL-TONE
  • Members
  • 39 posts
  • PSN:KILL-TONE

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:08 PM

I forgot where i heard/read it from but i think its either this FF or 14 is the one where the characters go to the past of FF7's storyline to see how the lifestream was created to try and implement a sort of energy source within their own timeline. I think it may this one, FF XV!! Either way, this game trailer feels just right!! In myy opinion the previous FF's lacked a bit of pure FF ingenuity that previous FF's had brought to the table!! This ones on-key, i hope!

#5 heavyrocks

heavyrocks

Klaatu Barada Nikto

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Bronze VIP

• Members
  • 960 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:03 PM

More gameplay footage

Edited by heavyrocks, 12 June 2013 - 03:03 PM.

#6 twisterjamz

twisterjamz

White Lotus

• Members
  • 5128 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:19 PM

More gameplay footage

That teleporting power sort of reminds me of Naruto's dad yellow flash jutsu where he throws the sword/dagger and sort of teleports there

#7 AsianFella

AsianFella
  • Steam ID:AsianFella
  • PSN:ThatAsianFella

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:34 PM

I was surprised to hear new about XV. I sort of just lost interest as the years went by, though all this new information has me all excited for it again. I'm really liking the look of the combat too. I wonder how long until they actually release it?

#8 Murk

Murk

The Cannibal Cartoonist

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Steam ID:CannibalCartoonist
  • PSN:CannibalCartoon
  • Wii:2750-1135-1615 (3DS)
  • Xbox Live:CannibalCartoon

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:05 PM

I forgot where i heard/read it from but i think its either this FF or 14 is the one where the characters go to the past of FF7's storyline to see how the lifestream was created to try and implement a sort of energy source within their own timeline. I think it may this one, FF XV!! Either way, this game trailer feels just right!! In myy opinion the previous FF's lacked a bit of pure FF ingenuity that previous FF's had brought to the table!! This ones on-key, i hope!

They allude to this quite heavily in Final Fantasy X and X-2, with the character Shinra.  But its just Final Fantasy reusing tropes and character names as usual - I wouldn't get too excited.

You should be excited for FFXV regardless.  Obviously.

#9 Kegz

Kegz

Professional Learnsmith

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Tester
  • 8132 posts
  • Steam ID:kegzzz
  • PSN:kegzzz

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:30 PM

I've been looking forward to this for ages because of the battle system. At least it looks like it's further along now.

I'd post more, but this thread isn't official.

#10 twisterjamz

twisterjamz

White Lotus

• Members
  • 5128 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

I've been looking forward to this for ages because of the battle system. At least it looks like it's further along now.

I'd post more, but this thread isn't official.

yeah I like the look of the battle system too, haha Ron asked for the Official as its more Official

#11 dark_hadou1

dark_hadou1

Metsu Shoryuken

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:56 PM

Lost Odyssey is the best Final Fantasy game since FFIX in my opinion and that wasn't even made by Square-enix lol.

I still enjoyed X, but that was really the last one that I actually looked forward to playing every day, sure XIII and XIII-2 were polished and nice to look at, but I couldn't get into the universe.

And funny you should say that, I'm a massive fan of Lost Odyssey too - my now wife bought it for me and I just couldn't get enough of it!

Can't wait for more XV Details as time goes by, here's a list of the characters in short:

http://neogaf.com/fo...066&postcount=1

#12 dark_hadou1

dark_hadou1

Metsu Shoryuken

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:13 AM

NZGamer mods beat me to the punch by 10 minutes on this picture (even though it's in the above post from over a week ago) but I thought I'd put it here anyways, just to keep the spark alive in the FF subforum :)

w1so5hbw.4y3.jpg

Edited by dark_hadou1, 25 June 2013 - 10:14 AM.

#13 grieving

grieving
  • PSN:SuchGrief

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:06 PM

Some details from an interview

• Square Enix suggested the change from Final Fantasy Versus XIII to Final Fantasy XV two years after the game’s announcement in 2006.
  • It was possible the game would still retain its original name, but the ultimate decision to change it to Final Fantasy XV was decided when Final Fantasy Agito XIII was renamed Final Fantasy Type-0.
  • Sometimes, the timing for such decisions is difficult, but it was publicized after all of the departments settled on it.
  • The decision to move to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One was made two years ago. At the time, it was still expected to be a cross-generation title (on PlayStation 3, as well).

kuvankaappaus-2013-6-20-kello-17-56-57.p

• Final Fantasy XV‘s re-announcement was planned for 2012, but was postponed for various reasons. The life span of current generation consoles became a problem.
  • I did a lot of trial and error on current generation consoles, as I wanted to try various things and squeeze out too much from the hardware. That was the inception of switching completely to next-gen, which was suggested by the company.
  • There were a lot of things I wanted to do and present so they became my main concern. I wanted to make everything as seamless as possible, thus it was necessary to put all of the action into the [hardware's] memory. All of the character data is persistent. As the player fights a vast amount of diverse enemies on a huge map, it puts considerable load on the memory. Thus, I had to make the choice to switch to next-gen at all costs.

battlescene.png?w=645&h=360

• I wanted to make an action-based Final Fantasy game. I toyed with the idea of switching to a first-person point of view and making Noctis the only playable character, and even getting rid of the UI completely. But that would have eliminated any resemblance it had to a Final Fantasy game.
  • Final Fantasy game has battles with numerical values (damage counters, as in Final Fantasy XIII and previous games, we assume). Damage is displayed in numerical values and the player has to manage HP and three playable characters, whom he can switch between freely. There is plenty of co-operation and the player will be aware of the activity of characters outside the party. (It seems that all five characters fight and travel together, but the party is limited to three participants.)
  • Thanks to next-gen hardware, I could include destruction, warping to high altitudes, and map changing.
  • Final Fantasy XV development is being ported from DirectX 11-based hardware. It’s the reverse of our approach until now, where we target this generation of hardware.

whitevsblack.png?w=645&h=362

• There’s no difference in media storage between PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, as they’re both using Blu-ray. The final specs depend on how close the machines can match the “original Final Fantasy XV” developed in DirectX 11. As we are using over-specification hardware to develop Final Fantasy XV, I can’t say how much the final, optimized versions will differ yet.
  • Currently, we aren’t considering a PC version, but it ultimately depends on demand. Right now, it would take a fairly expensive gaming rig to play the game at full specs but we will consider it if demand is high enough.
  • We are developing the game with Luminous Studio and team original sections, and are also using middleware. In the future, there are plans to integrate it into Luminous Studio.
  • Once the game engine was completed, both teams, Final Fantasy XV and the Luminous Engine teams, continued working on the engine while simultaneously developing the game.
  • Luminous Studio features a fully operational camera that’s being optimized [for Final Fantasy XV]. Sometimes, there’s stuff we’re changing, too. It [the camera] is aimed at the people at Visual Works (Square Enix’s CGI production studio).

thruth.png?w=645&h=361

• There has been some changes in the staff. Hajime Tabata is the co-director and Takeshi Nozue is the Total Visual Director. Nozue is a member of Visual Works, but we are now developing games together. As he is overseeing the visual production, the difference between real-time scenes and pre-rendered (CGI) movies is almost negligible. “Look Development,” a technique developed and coined by Visual Works, is used in Final Fantasy XV. It is very similar to Agni’s Philosophy in that it allows pre-rendered movies to be produced and dropped into Luminous Studio and played in real-time.
  • Noctis’ level in the E3 2013 trailer is quite high, so he is able to use many weapons and warp freely. Players won’t be able to use all of those skills from the beginning of the game.
  • The starting point is the Kingdom Hearts series’ simple and exhilarating action feeling. It’s not difficult. Most things can be performed intuitively. I am also considering each difficulty level’s specific operation procedures. Companions support the player with co-operative attacks and respond to situations with autonomous actions. The battles will be varied.

battlescene2.png?w=645&h=362

• In Final Fantasy XV, it is possible to free-run towards monsters outside the map, as well as ride on monsters and aim at specific parts of their bodies.
  • There will be flashy situations and boss battles like the Leviathan battle [shown briefly in the trailer], in which it is causing a water tornado and the player is jumping between collapsing buildings.
  • The feeling of speed is importing during battle. The player can freely control the character’s movements, but spectators (people watching, not playing) might lose track of what’s going on.
  • I’m having some trouble with the [game's] motion. It’s simple to make it realistic, but there are still issues occurring. I’m constantly rebalancing the game so it looks realistic and plays well.

#14 KILL-TONE

KILL-TONE
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:01 PM

Some details from an interview

• Square Enix suggested the change from Final Fantasy Versus XIII to Final Fantasy XV two years after the game’s announcement in 2006.

• It was possible the game would still retain its original name, but the ultimate decision to change it to Final Fantasy XV was decided when Final Fantasy Agito XIII was renamed Final Fantasy Type-0.

• Sometimes, the timing for such decisions is difficult, but it was publicized after all of the departments settled on it.

• The decision to move to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One was made two years ago. At the time, it was still expected to be a cross-generation title (on PlayStation 3, as well).

kuvankaappaus-2013-6-20-kello-17-56-57.p

• Final Fantasy XV‘s re-announcement was planned for 2012, but was postponed for various reasons. The life span of current generation consoles became a problem.

• I did a lot of trial and error on current generation consoles, as I wanted to try various things and squeeze out too much from the hardware. That was the inception of switching completely to next-gen, which was suggested by the company.

• There were a lot of things I wanted to do and present so they became my main concern. I wanted to make everything as seamless as possible, thus it was necessary to put all of the action into the [hardware's] memory. All of the character data is persistent. As the player fights a vast amount of diverse enemies on a huge map, it puts considerable load on the memory. Thus, I had to make the choice to switch to next-gen at all costs.

battlescene.png?w=645&h=360

• I wanted to make an action-based Final Fantasy game. I toyed with the idea of switching to a first-person point of view and making Noctis the only playable character, and even getting rid of the UI completely. But that would have eliminated any resemblance it had to a Final Fantasy game.

• Final Fantasy game has battles with numerical values (damage counters, as in Final Fantasy XIII and previous games, we assume). Damage is displayed in numerical values and the player has to manage HP and three playable characters, whom he can switch between freely. There is plenty of co-operation and the player will be aware of the activity of characters outside the party. (It seems that all five characters fight and travel together, but the party is limited to three participants.)

• Thanks to next-gen hardware, I could include destruction, warping to high altitudes, and map changing.

• Final Fantasy XV development is being ported from DirectX 11-based hardware. It’s the reverse of our approach until now, where we target this generation of hardware.

whitevsblack.png?w=645&h=362

• There’s no difference in media storage between PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, as they’re both using Blu-ray. The final specs depend on how close the machines can match the “original Final Fantasy XV” developed in DirectX 11. As we are using over-specification hardware to develop Final Fantasy XV, I can’t say how much the final, optimized versions will differ yet.

• Currently, we aren’t considering a PC version, but it ultimately depends on demand. Right now, it would take a fairly expensive gaming rig to play the game at full specs but we will consider it if demand is high enough.

• We are developing the game with Luminous Studio and team original sections, and are also using middleware. In the future, there are plans to integrate it into Luminous Studio.

• Once the game engine was completed, both teams, Final Fantasy XV and the Luminous Engine teams, continued working on the engine while simultaneously developing the game.

• Luminous Studio features a fully operational camera that’s being optimized [for Final Fantasy XV]. Sometimes, there’s stuff we’re changing, too. It [the camera] is aimed at the people at Visual Works (Square Enix’s CGI production studio).

thruth.png?w=645&h=361

• There has been some changes in the staff. Hajime Tabata is the co-director and Takeshi Nozue is the Total Visual Director. Nozue is a member of Visual Works, but we are now developing games together. As he is overseeing the visual production, the difference between real-time scenes and pre-rendered (CGI) movies is almost negligible. “Look Development,” a technique developed and coined by Visual Works, is used in Final Fantasy XV. It is very similar to Agni’s Philosophy in that it allows pre-rendered movies to be produced and dropped into Luminous Studio and played in real-time.

• Noctis’ level in the E3 2013 trailer is quite high, so he is able to use many weapons and warp freely. Players won’t be able to use all of those skills from the beginning of the game.

• The starting point is the Kingdom Hearts series’ simple and exhilarating action feeling. It’s not difficult. Most things can be performed intuitively. I am also considering each difficulty level’s specific operation procedures. Companions support the player with co-operative attacks and respond to situations with autonomous actions. The battles will be varied.

battlescene2.png?w=645&h=362

• In Final Fantasy XV, it is possible to free-run towards monsters outside the map, as well as ride on monsters and aim at specific parts of their bodies.

• There will be flashy situations and boss battles like the Leviathan battle [shown briefly in the trailer], in which it is causing a water tornado and the player is jumping between collapsing buildings.

• The feeling of speed is importing during battle. The player can freely control the character’s movements, but spectators (people watching, not playing) might lose track of what’s going on.

• I’m having some trouble with the [game's] motion. It’s simple to make it realistic, but there are still issues occurring. I’m constantly rebalancing the game so it looks realistic and plays well.

Nice copy and paste article here!!

#15 dark_hadou1

dark_hadou1

Metsu Shoryuken

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:13 PM

you really didn't have to quote the whole thing to point that out..

#16 KILL-TONE

KILL-TONE
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:46 AM

you really didn't have to quote the whole thing to point that out..

did you enjoy the scroll... #ScrollTroll

#17 AdamC

AdamC
  • PSN:TheEnd-xi

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:47 AM

looks very promising indeed.

#18 dark_hadou1

dark_hadou1

Metsu Shoryuken

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:53 AM

Keeping the Hype (and the thread) alive, I'll be sticking to the news as closely as possible and informing people in the forums here as soon as I can.

Here's another pic to whet your appetite:

original.jpg

#19 Silvon

Silvon
  • Steam ID:Silvonvalar
  • PSN:Valarze

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:37 PM

Keeping the Hype (and the thread) alive, I'll be sticking to the news as closely as possible and informing people in the forums here as soon as I can.

Haha don't worry, I'm always looking for more news about this game so I'm definitely still hyped, I know a lot of people have been disappointed in recent Final Fantasy games but I still enjoy the series and always look forward to new entries!  

#20 dark_hadou1

dark_hadou1

Metsu Shoryuken

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:00 AM

Edited by dark_hadou1, 15 July 2013 - 09:02 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Final Fantasy, Versus, XIII, XV

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users