The Division (Ubisoft)

Ubisoft MMO RPG Shooter XBone PS4 Open-world Tom Clancy

• Please log in to reply
656 replies to this topic

#641 czk51

czk51
  • PSN:cheradenineZ

Posted 31 August 2017 - 11:40 AM

1.8 Trailer - new area available and 2 new modes (PVE and PVP)

#642 Deanology

Deanology
  • PSN:Yes

Posted 31 August 2017 - 12:34 PM

Looks good.

Been a lot of action by Massive, trying to resurrect this title.

Still pretty good numbers of players online, which is good.

The new reward system is alright, keeps you going. Ticking off all the commendations.

Though the end game is rather dry.

Locking Masks to leaderboards, like they did in the first global event is bloody r-tarded, though.

#643 Falcone0

Falcone0
  • Steam ID:Falcone0
  • Xbox Live:Falcone00

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:54 AM

Yeah seems like a lot of new content has been added. Might check this out again.

#644 czk51

czk51

Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:10 AM

Yup I jumped in for 45 mins last night. The new area is pretty big, and I ran through solo just trying out a couple of the horde mode locations. You also have a rotating set of mini objectives like melee kills, explosive kills etc that award you a cache. Loot was dropping all over the place! Felt very rewarding, though not a lot of the gear was useful to me as I already have a decent Firecrest build that I worked on earlier in the year and don't really have the time to create a new build, even with a bunch more sets if I wanted to do the min-max again. 

#645 czk51

czk51

Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:08 AM

Global Event # 3 has started. If you've been holding off jumping back into try 1.8, now's definitely the time. https://tomclancy-th...trike-is-coming

#646 birdman

birdman

[NZGR]

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4157 posts
  • PSN:quackdog

Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:48 AM

Global Event # 3 has started. If you've been holding off jumping back into try 1.8, now's definitely the time. https://tomclancy-th...trike-is-coming

I gave up at i think level 16 ages ago as I couldn't keep up with everyone :blush: . Might grind it out to 30 now to see if I can get back into what seems a vastly improved game nowadays.

#647 I3ridgeI3urner

I3ridgeI3urner
  • PSN:I3ridgeI3urner
  • Xbox Live:SFX7

Posted 13 December 2017 - 08:37 AM

ReDownloaded it last night.  Keen to check it out in light of the fact that Destiny2 is not up to par and shared world looter shooters are a bit hard to come by.  But yeah, a lot of people are talking about it, especially those who were critical of its obvious flaws.  Keen to play with anyone who is on.  

#648 czk51

czk51

Posted 13 December 2017 - 09:56 AM

just to keep expectations in check (incase Im overselling it lol)  - the core gameplay remains the same as before, it's more the progression, loot, and activities that have made 1.7 / 1.8 stand out from previous iterations. 

Also, for some users the world is defaulting to World Tier 4. 5 is the hardest but drops the best loot. If you are underspec'd by all means stay lower, but incase anyone like me was accustomed to 5, might be one to keep an eye out for. 

Edited by czk51, 13 December 2017 - 10:55 AM.

#649 I3ridgeI3urner

I3ridgeI3urner
  • PSN:I3ridgeI3urner
  • Xbox Live:SFX7

Posted 13 December 2017 - 12:21 PM

Marcostyle actually has something good to say about the game!  It must be good.

https://youtu.be/_O8nhVMjdNA

#650 czk51

czk51

Posted 13 December 2017 - 05:08 PM

Oh make sure to check out the optimization station in the new safe house! Easy stat boosts for 50 div tech.

#651 czk51

czk51

Posted 14 December 2017 - 07:41 AM

Played for about an hour yesterday, managed to get about 2300 GE credits. 

FYI GE credits are used to purchase the gear caches. It's advised to go for the 1500 credit caches rather than the 900 so that's what I'm doing. 

Without going into huge detail, as a solo player, easiest for me is going around the PVE 'light-zone' taking out named bosses. They drop 150 GE credits each. Map here: http://i.imgur.com/jy9Zlz9.png

They respawn every 4 hours I believe so might try hit some up when I get home from work and before bed. 

I combine this with whatever the daily combat mission is, so I can get another cache, then I check out the DZ daily as well. If it's something like 'kill 10 of one enemy type' or 'gather 3 div tech' it's simple enough, though if it's extracting gear, occasionally I'll just pass for fear of getting ganked. Though 9/10 times I'll just go to the bottom right zone and extract without any problem. 

So between Destiny 2 and The Division I reckon I can manage at least 1 of the 1.5k GE credit caches a day which I'm happy with. I'm not super invested in the game but I still get a whole lot of enjoyment out of it, especially the rush of the DZ. 

#652 Deanology

Deanology
  • PSN:Yes

Posted 15 December 2017 - 03:17 AM

I'm a solo player also.

If you're after a quick grind, Matchmaking Lexington on challenging is always a busy one.

If you're put into someone elses instance, you can kill all of their named bosses also.

#653 atipuss

atipuss
  • Steam ID:atimewmew
  • PSN:atipuss
  • Xbox Live:atipuss

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:55 PM

66% off yay or nah??

#654 czk51

czk51

Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:18 PM

66% off yay or nah??

Excellent deal, but the game isn't for everyone. Have you played or seen vids of it? I still love the divvy but to many the stats, numbers and rpg elements that make it take a whole magazine unloaded in a common mobs face a big turn off.

#655 atipuss

atipuss
  • Steam ID:atimewmew
  • PSN:atipuss
  • Xbox Live:atipuss

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:00 PM

66% off yay or nah??

Excellent deal, but the game isn't for everyone. Have you played or seen vids of it? I still love the divvy but to many the stats, numbers and rpg elements that make it take a whole magazine unloaded in a common mobs face a big turn off.
seen some vids... empty mag into enemies sounds like any other games :D will download free trailer tonight. .. can't be worse than ME:andronmeda....

#656 czk51

czk51

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:07 PM

66% off yay or nah??

seen some vids... empty mag into enemies sounds like any other games :D will download free trailer tonight. .. can't be worse than ME:andronmeda....

With that attitude you will never be disappointed with anything, ever :P

#657 Laser0pz

Laser0pz

Punintentional.

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Gold VIP

• Gaming Night Host
  • 1931 posts
  • Steam ID:Lazer0pz
  • PSN:Lazer0pz
  • Xbox Live:Laser0pz

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:41 PM

The Division in its current state is better than Destiny imo.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ubisoft, MMO, RPG, Shooter, XBone, PS4, Open-world, Tom Clancy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users