• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 KILL-TONE

KILL-TONE
  • Members
  • 39 posts
  • PSN:KILL-TONE

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:20 AM

With technology rapidly taking over our lives, it seems nothing new these days will suprise us. Will the new PS4 really give us something that we havent seen before??

#2 AudaciousGnome

AudaciousGnome

Trigger me Timbers

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 6651 posts
  • Steam ID:AudaciousGnome
  • PSN:AudaciousGnome

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:44 AM

With technology rapidly taking over our lives, it seems nothing new these days will suprise us. Will the new PS4 really give us something that we havent seen before??

Not sure about the PS4 but Microsoft are working on the IllumiRoom concept which is pretty innovative.

Edited by lingm04, 20 May 2013 - 07:52 AM.

#3 Scuba_Steve

Scuba_Steve

Gods Evil Twin

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 6058 posts
  • Steam ID:psychomonkey69
  • PSN:PsychoMonkey
  • Wii:ScubaSteve
  • Xbox Live:Psycho Obezyana

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:20 AM

Not sure about the PS4 but Microsoft are working on the IllumiRoom concept which is pretty innovative.

But that won't be out this gen to be

#4 OrkMischief

OrkMischief

Level 100 Zelda Master

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Bronze VIP

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • PSN:II_SanD_CameL
  • Wii:Wii U - IIMILLER
  • Xbox Live:II MlLLER

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:11 AM

As cool as Illumiroom looks, I cannot help but think after playing for 30mins it will get annoying and distracting.

I see it as like the 3D on 3DS, I like it but rarely use it as it becomes annoying when moving the 3DS around and is slightly distracting on the eyes. Illumiroom just looks so gimmicky to me, but since I haven't used it I could be wrong and it may be awesome as. Time will tell but I don't see the appeal.

#5 AudaciousGnome

AudaciousGnome

Trigger me Timbers

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 6651 posts
  • Steam ID:AudaciousGnome
  • PSN:AudaciousGnome

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:18 AM

As cool as Illumiroom looks, I cannot help but think after playing for 30mins it will get annoying and distracting.

I see it as like the 3D on 3DS, I like it but rarely use it as it becomes annoying when moving the 3DS around and is slightly distracting on the eyes. Illumiroom just looks so gimmicky to me, but since I haven't used it I could be wrong and it may be awesome as. Time will tell but I don't see the appeal.

I agree. It looks like a gimmick and would likely be pricey. Was just the only "innovative" thing i could think of from either Sony or MS with regard to the next gen consoles :)

#6 OrkMischief

OrkMischief

Level 100 Zelda Master

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Bronze VIP

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • PSN:II_SanD_CameL
  • Wii:Wii U - IIMILLER
  • Xbox Live:II MlLLER

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:34 AM

1 more day and a few hours and we will see what Microsoft will bring this gen. Hopefully some surprises.

I never forget about Nintendo either though they don't try and compete directly with Sony and Microsoft they still have a lot to offer this gen with their console.

Anyone who dismiss's smash bros, 3D mario, Zelda, Metroid and other franchises they have, underestimate them too much. I hate the wii but man did it have some awesome games on it. I like the WiiU so am expecting awesome new game experiences from them.

All 3 consoles will have their place this gen and will hopefully offer unique experiences that differentiate themselves from each other.

I will be buying a PS4 and Xbox and some point but not day one like previous gens. If I am swayed day one it will be PS4, I'm a huge sony fan (not fanboy) I like what I have seen from sony so far.

#7 KILL-TONE

KILL-TONE
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:04 AM

something like a real life 'Matrix' lol where we get some sh*t injected into the back of our heads and we go into the gaming world lol that'd be sick!!

#8 Gonzala

Gonzala
  • PSN:Gonzala137

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:36 PM

Personally I can't see the PS4 being any better than the PS3... I mean technology hasn't evolved that much to notice any significant improvements. 

#9 KILL-TONE

KILL-TONE
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:00 PM

Personally I can't see the PS4 being any better than the PS3... I mean technology hasn't evolved that much to notice any significant improvements. 

A bit of research will do you good from to time to time. "...technology hasn't evolved that much..." LOL dont be so ignorant

#10 PeanutButterCup

PeanutButterCup
  • PSN:El_indian

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:51 PM

I agree. It looks like a gimmick and would likely be pricey. Was just the only "innovative" thing i could think of from either Sony or MS with regard to the next gen consoles :)

Yes I believe it requires a projector. 

I think the true next-gen stuff is going to be things like the Oculus Rift. 

Edited by PeanutButterCup, 11 June 2013 - 06:52 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PS4, Playstation 4, Xbox 720, Next Gen, Future gaming, playstation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users