• PSN:Teljam
  • Xbox Live:Teljam

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

Hot off the press!

gt6-logo-638x182.png

Gran Turismo®6 is coming!

Kazunori Yamauchi announces new game at Gran Turismo 15th anniversary event
70 million franchise figure was also revealed

Silverstone, 16th May, 2013– Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. today announced Gran Turismo®6 (GT6™), the latest version of PlayStation®’s best-selling franchise, will be released in Holiday, 2013. The news was revealed today by legendary Gran Turismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi at an event held to celebrate 15 years of the 70-million-selling series.

GT6 for PlayStation®3 will bring new levels of authenticity to ‘the Real Driving Simulator’ as well as introducing stunning new tracks and cars and a revised user interface. A new compact game engine will improve operation and increase the flexibility to expand it with downloadable content. Meanwhile, the game is also set for expanded connectivity with other devices such as smart phones and tablets and increased social and community functions.

All of the cars and tracks from Gran Turismo®5, which has sold over 10m copies since launching in 2010, will be retained in GT6. But notable new additions to the already impressive line-up of historic cars, road cars and the latest race cars, brings the total car list to 1200 at launch, with new cars set to be continually added online. Several thousand aerodynamic parts and custom wheels will be available for almost all cars, and players can personalize their own custom cars in game to the greatest ever level possible.

The UK’s famous Silverstone Circuit will be just one of seven new locations in Gran Turismo 6, taking the total to 33, with 71 different layouts available, 19 of them brand new. There will also be regular additions of new tracks set to be made available online. The improved course maker function will provide gorgeous scenery spanning several tens of square kilometers including the magnificent backdrop of Andalucía.

The theme of Gran Turismo’s innovative collaborations with partner companies will increase with the inception of GT6. A number of exciting new projects that blur the line between the virtual and real will be announced in the run up to the game’s launch. Not least of these is GT Academy, a collaboration with Nissan to unearth real racing driver talent that first ran in 2008. It was announced during the event that the competition returns for its biggest ever year in 2013, with the entry mechanic set to take place on an exclusive GT6 demo in July.

Other notable partnerships in the development of GT6 have been with tyre manufacturer Yokohama Rubber and suspension company KW Automotive. Both companies are active in the commercial car industry and in racing, and they have acted as technical development partners for the game’s new physics engine, for its tyre and suspension kinematic modeling, creating an even more realistic experience for GT fans.

“It is amazing to think that it is 15 years since we first released Gran Turismo,” explained Kazunori Yamauchi, during the announcement at Silverstone Circuit. “Things have changed a lot since then and now Gran Turismo 6 is a further evolution of my dream.  We’re pleased to deliver GT6 to PlayStation 3 as we have a very loyal community on that platform. However, we have refactored the game to make it very flexible and expandable, with a view to making many future developments. I am very pleased with everything about the new game and the new additions, but the launch will be only the beginning for GT6. The game will continue to develop throughout its life. I already have many ideas for things I want to achieve in the next 15 years of Gran Turismo!”

The celebration of 15 years of Gran Turismo event at Silverstone included a demo of GT6 featuring the famous circuit. Guests were able to play the game in the familiar circular Gran Turismo race pods before having a chance to take to the real track in cars provided by Audi, Ford, Jaguar, KTM, Mercedes-Benz, Nissan and Toyota.

Further news about Gran Turismo 6 will be revealed at the forthcoming E3 and Gamescom events and on www.gran-turismo.com. #GT6iscoming.

#2 teljam

teljam

Community Host

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Silver VIP

• Gaming Night Host
  • 1585 posts
  • Steam ID:Teljam

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:12 AM

Who's excited???

I think what's amazing is that it's gonna be coming out on the PS3 - so it looks like we'll get a bit of life from our PS3's yet.

I'm not sure how this will play out for our community, but you can be sure that we'll be getting into it.

Normally I would trade or sell the old console to upgrade to the new one - but in this case we've got an awesome reason to keep our PS3's.

What do you guys think?

#3 YobboNZ

YobboNZ

Punk's not dead.

• Members
  • 655 posts
  • Steam ID:Yobbo NZ
  • PSN:Yobbo_NZ
  • Xbox Live:Yobbo NZ

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:55 AM

GT5 never really grabbed me by the throat and screamed "play me!" like earlier versions or Forza has. Just couldn't get used to the weird handling and feeling of braking.Personal opinion there only.....

Hopefully this will move forward and challenge Forza for my gaming time.

Release date? Probably 2015... ;)

#4 Kiwi08

Kiwi08
  • Steam ID:Kiwi_Blue
  • PSN:Kiwi161
  • Xbox Live:Everton Kiwi

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:05 AM

I'm not convinced that there is enough of an upgrade from GT5. I don't plan on getting PS4 around launch though, so any new PS3 game announcements are welcome.

#5 brettz0r

brettz0r

Gamer / Event Host

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Gold VIP

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2271 posts
  • PSN:BrettzOr

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:22 PM

Oh man.
You started this thread 1 minute before I started mine lol. (Now deleted)
I'm not overally impressed with information. Looks more like a game patch plus an expansion pack upgrade to me.
Should be called GT5.5 :)

Still undecided if I even want to get this. I will be getting a PS4 on release and I doubt I will want to play too much PS3 games :/
Will see how we go closer to the time

#6 Sidawg2

Sidawg2
  • PSN:sidawg2
  • Xbox Live:sidawg2

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:35 PM

Yeah looks like a Gran Turismo 5 GOTY edition. But then again, if you compared GT at release to now its fundamentally different.

Interesting that you'd release a marquee first party title immediately before a new console launch, that supposedly it will be unplayable on.

#7 MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan
  • Steam ID:Monkeyman_707
  • PSN:Monkeyman_707
  • Xbox Live:MonkeyManRacing

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:11 PM

I didnt see any mention of damage which im concerned about

I am very excited and will buy it on release if there is damage but if not i will have to actually put thought into whether its worth it

In terms of the ps3 thing i think its clear they have been working on this game for a long time and im sure it would take them a long time to redo stuff so it works on the ps4, the way i see ps3 means earlier release so im very happy with it (also i probably wont get a ps4 near release)

#8 brettz0r

brettz0r

Gamer / Event Host

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2271 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:39 PM

Whoa.
Good authority that:
GT6
Release date: Nov 30
RRP: $119.99

Unless it gets delayed again but that would be stupid.
Should be seeing the PS4 at roughly the same time

#9 MA3LK

MA3LK

Dreamville

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Bronze VIP

• Members
  • 1378 posts
  • PSN:MA3LK_nZ

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:57 PM

Im glad its coming out of PS3, and hopefully its alot more upgraded than what they said in the press release. Maybe at E3 PD will release details on upgraded damage modelling and AI. Two big games with this and GTA5 to end the PS3 AAA lifecycle.

#10 emetic

emetic

felis fortuna adiuvat

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 5201 posts
  • Steam ID:highwaygothic

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:52 AM

Whoa.
Good authority that:
GT6

:hmm: You'll excuse me if I am skeptical at this stage. :karate:

#11 Im-666

Im-666

Osama Bin Laggen

• NZGamer.com VIP Blue VIP

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • PSN:Im-666

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:24 AM

they will defiantly sell more copy's with it being on the ps3 but it there is a ps4 version coming within 6 months ill just hold out for that, 

#12 brettz0r

brettz0r

Gamer / Event Host

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2271 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:07 PM

Whoa.
Good authority that:
GT6

:hmm: You'll excuse me if I am skeptical at this stage. :karate:

Fair enough.
But that info came strait from a wholesaler that I have a log in for. They never put up details on any games unless its confirmed.
Obviously time could change this but that is definitely the current time frame

#13 brettz0r

brettz0r

Gamer / Event Host

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2271 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:41 PM

For those that have missed it: I have added the latest Trailer for GT6 to the first post in this thread.

It does paint a prettier picture of the game compared the the details released earlier!

#14 emetic

emetic

felis fortuna adiuvat

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 5201 posts
  • Steam ID:highwaygothic

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:01 AM

So stoked *___*

I am biased, but ... yeh this looks better than Forza 5. :whistle:

#15 Sidawg2

Sidawg2
  • PSN:sidawg2
  • Xbox Live:sidawg2

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:15 AM

Forza 5's persistent real world AI thing makes me understand why they want your console always online.

However it sounds like one of those things that is good on paper but ruined by trolls.

Trailer was generic enough but was a laugh to see the DeltaWing there.

#16 MA3LK

MA3LK

Dreamville

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Bronze VIP

• Members
  • 1378 posts
  • PSN:MA3LK_nZ

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:05 PM

GT Academy is releasing on july 2nd, which is going to run on GT6 code, so i guess we can all compare it then. Im not too impressed, i wished they improved the AI,  but it doesn't seem like it as it wasn't a point on the vid.

#17 MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:58 PM

Always keen for more gran tourismo, but they seriously need to step up to maintain my respect

#18 teljam

teljam

Community Host

• Gaming Night Host
  • 1585 posts
  • Steam ID:Teljam

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:07 PM

It looks like they're going to really nail it.

I just hope we still have a few folks keeping their ps3's for a while so we can run this game.

In a perfect world I'd like to keep this community strong, until the PS4 version is finally released.

#19 SpeediePetey

SpeediePetey

SpeediePetey

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • Steam ID:speedie_petey3
  • PSN:Speedie_Petey
  • Xbox Live:SpeediePetey

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:30 AM

For me there just needs to be more things you can do with your car. More creative freedom. 

#20 MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:37 AM

For me there just needs to be more things you can do with your car. More creative freedom.

Fair call, but with over 1000 cars you can see why this hasn't happened, maybe take out the crap cars and do more with less

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users