347 replies to this topic

#1 Original_Noob

Original_Noob

истинную элиту

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Bronze VIP

• Members
  • 1708 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:29 PM

Thought I'd start a thread for my fellow boxing fans (if there's any).. Discuss anything boxing-related in this thread  :cool:

So.. Is anyone else watching Mayweather-Guerrero tomorrow? I think it'll be interesting to see if Floyd Sr has done as good a job as Roger coaching. I'm rooting for Guerrero but my money says it's gonna be easy money for The Money Team lol

Mares-Ponce De Leon should be a thriller. I reckon PDL frustrates Mares and gets a late stoppage or decision.

#2 AudaciousGnome

AudaciousGnome

Trigger me Timbers

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 6651 posts
  • Steam ID:AudaciousGnome
  • PSN:AudaciousGnome

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:46 PM

Hell yes. Normally i would say Mayweather would walk this fight but i have an uneasy feeling that this is going to be close, very close.

Guerrero looks fast and has a great punch but as usual it will all come down to Mayweather's defence and whether Guerrero can actually touch him.

It is just so hard to go against Mayweather because even though he talks(a lot) he works harder than any other fighter and always backs it up. But age has to catch up with you at some point...

So going with Mayweather on points but i think there could be an upset.

#3 Original_Noob

Original_Noob

истинную элиту

• Members
  • 1708 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:12 PM

Yeah I hope the fight's at least a little competitive. Part of me's expecting this fight to be like Pacquiao-Margarito (Mayweather being Pacquiao). I've actually got a small bet on Mayweather (just a straight win), which is only paying 1.1:1, but it still means I'll be happy with either outcome (unless it's a controversial draw!) lol

#4 AudaciousGnome

AudaciousGnome

Trigger me Timbers

• Members
  • 6651 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:22 PM

Yeah I hope the fight's at least a little competitive. Part of me's expecting this fight to be like Pacquiao-Margarito (Mayweather being Pacquiao). I've actually got a small bet on Mayweather (just a straight win), which is only paying 1.1:1, but it still means I'll be happy with either outcome (unless it's a controversial draw!) lol

Like i said, it is hard to look past Mayweather. He is a flawed person but a flawless boxer.

#5 Original_Noob

Original_Noob

истинную элиту

• Members
  • 1708 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:09 PM

easy money.. Guerrero's tough though

#6 fifamessi

fifamessi

"fifamessi is why I come to NZGamer" - Emz 2013

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Tester
  • 7019 posts
  • PSN:fifamessi

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

That was boring as. Mayweather too good.

#7 AudaciousGnome

AudaciousGnome

Trigger me Timbers

• Members
  • 6651 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:07 PM

That was boring as. Mayweather too good.

Thats exactly what my father said :)

Kinda feel like i wasted $25 watching that on PPV. Mayweather is just far too good. Even at 36, he still has the legs of a 26 year old. Diden't even look like he had been in a 12 round boxing match at the end there.

Really hope he fights canelo alvarez eventually because that will be a true test. But seeing as that is the fight he is likeliest to lose, he will probably save it till the end of his mega money contract incase he does lose. 

#8 Original_Noob

Original_Noob

истинную элиту

• Members
  • 1708 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:56 PM

I don't think Floyd would want to face Canelo in his last few years. I reckon he'll cherry-pick the likes of Matthysse, Brook, Khan etc to come up from 140 for him to keep his 0. Martinez would be a good fight for Floyd atm, after seeing how sh*t Martinez looked last week. But yeah, Floyd looked fresh as f*ck tonight!

The main event was kinda boring for the average fight fan, but the undercard was pretty action-packed. Mares-PDL and the Santa Cruz fights were intense. Rigondeaux will probably delay going to FW until Mares and Mikey move up, unless he just goes up and ducks em both.

#9 onehitter09

onehitter09
  • NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Silver VIP

• [NZGR] - Clan Killzone 2
  • 3732 posts
  • PSN:OneHitter NZ
  • Xbox Live:OneHitter NZ

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:04 PM

Money Mayweather! People say it was boring but i enjoyed the fight. Mayweathers defence is second to none and hasn't shown any signs of getting slower for his age. He looked for the finish but didn't take unnessacary risk like always. Any follow up on his injured hand?

#10 Original_Noob

Original_Noob

истинную элиту

• Members
  • 1708 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:33 AM

Money Mayweather! People say it was boring but i enjoyed the fight. Mayweathers defence is second to none and hasn't shown any signs of getting slower for his age. He looked for the finish but didn't take unnessacary risk like always. Any follow up on his injured hand?

Apparently he'll be good for a fight in September. Hoping he gets that deal with Canelo asap!

#11 AudaciousGnome

AudaciousGnome

Trigger me Timbers

• Members
  • 6651 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

From Mayweather's official Facebook:

I chose my opponent for September 14th and it's Canelo Alvarez. 

I'm giving the fans what they want. 

It will be at the MGM Grand.

Big call by Mayweather. Alvarez is the one opponent who might actually have a chance of beating him. Should be a good fight!

#12 Original_Noob

Original_Noob

истинную элиту

• Members
  • 1708 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:47 PM

Yeah I hope Canelo can at least make it competitive! But after seeing Alvarez fight Trout (getting outworked for a few rounds too), I think Alvarez might lack the stamina to apply enough pressure to outland Floyd. That's why I'm predicting a UD for Mayweather.

In fact, I don't see anyone 154 and under troubling Floyd. People are all hyped up about Matthysse after his KO streak, but they're not realising the fact that Floyd is not a one-dimensional, feather-fisted fighter that gets KD'd often lol. Danny Garcia is too slow and would get picked apart all night. Pacquiao, well I've always thought Mayweather would dominate him, going by how dominant Floyd was over Marquez and other offensive fighters. And Khan would only be a good challenge until his jaw gets touched lol. I will give Floyd so much respect if he accepts the offer to fight at 154 from Golovkin. Golovkin would be a greater challenge than Canelo for Floyd IMO.

#13 Original_Noob

Original_Noob

истинную элиту

• Members
  • 1708 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:14 PM

WTF what is wrong with Duco Events?! It's gonna cost $40 to buy the Parker-Botha fight. Who the hell do they think they've got fighting? Wladimir Klitschko FFS?!! They should have made it $20 or less to encourage people at home to buy it. I definitely won't be paying for it, will probably go to a pub n watch. Hopefully Joseph can get a better manager than that crappy old guy who managed Tua. He doesn't do sh*t, he can't land any good fights and he sure as hell didn't do a good job managing Tua... No sh*t, I reckon I'd be a better boxing manager than that clown..

#14 NZBuc

NZBuc
  • Xbox Live:NZ Buc

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:14 PM

anyone else watching the Parker/Botha fight? 

#15 NZBuc

NZBuc
  • Xbox Live:NZ Buc

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:26 PM

Nvm, quite a quick knockout (ultrabcomboooooooo?)

#16 Deanology

Deanology
  • PSN:Yes

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:52 PM

So who won? I didn't want to watch ppv.

#17 Original_Noob

Original_Noob

истинную элиту

• Members
  • 1708 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:31 AM

^ Joseph won by KO round 2.

I was impressed with the improvements he showed tonight. Defense still needs a bit of work, IMO he was exposing himself a bit too much in the exchanges, but his power and all round ring generalmanship have definitely improved! His timing was perfect and he was patient, doing the right thing by not looking for the knockout.

Who next? :thumbsup:

#18 Deanology

Deanology
  • PSN:Yes

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:45 AM

Oh yea, good man.
A shame for Botha, i like him. He is a good guy.

He should fight SBW next.
Knock that fool out.

#19 fifamessi

fifamessi

"fifamessi is why I come to NZGamer" - Emz 2013

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Tester
  • 7019 posts
  • PSN:fifamessi

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:03 AM

The Dwarf fight was the highlight of the night for me.

#20 AudaciousGnome

AudaciousGnome

Trigger me Timbers

• Members
  • 6651 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:08 AM

Any got highlights of the fight? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users