Wide grip chins all day baby

Word ...  think it's gym time.

#62 tuftsdude

tuftsdude
  • Steam ID:Tuftsdude
  • PSN:Tuftsdude
  • Xbox Live:Achedmars64

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:49 AM

Only been gym twice (planning on going 4 times a week average), working on diff body parts for diff days.

Also remembered one of my relatives is a personal trainer/body builder..
Spoiler

#63 Romulus

Romulus

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:29 AM

Too much work to hit the gym today, unless I manage to pull off a sneaky session this arvo ...

#64 sakuraba

sakuraba

I know what you did last summer

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1631 posts
  • PSN:subtime
  • Xbox Live:subtime

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:01 PM

My awesome genetics enable me to train once a week and still look like Phil heath Mr Olympia. Thank you this was not a true story.

#65 tuftsdude

tuftsdude

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:44 PM

Soo when you work out on a body part, how long is there supposed to be pain? Like I done chest and triceps 2 days ago, same day there was not much/no pain. My triceps were just dead. Next day they both started hurting when I move and stuff, today the pain around the chest muscles is just annoying, so I done legs and abs today.

#66 dxbn

dxbn
  • Steam ID:dxbn
  • Xbox Live:dxbn

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:13 PM

it depends on how often you workout or if it is your first time. Usually if its your first time it'll hurt for a few days (less than a week). If you work out frequently it should hurt one to three days or not at all. The duration depends on the muscle group as well. Some hurt for longer than others. Just make sure you don't overwork your muscles. Too intense a workout may have adverse effects.

#67 tuftsdude

tuftsdude

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:25 PM

Ahh I see. It was my first time working out on my chest. Triceps weren't exactly in the best condition. I do like to push my self.
Thanks (:

Found out I can make my right titty (left a lil bit) come up and down like "The Rock". It's not very noticeable hah.

#68 Deanology

Deanology
  • PSN:Yes

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:44 PM

Can't wait to get back into the gym, been injured past week - so pretty keen to get back.

#69 sakuraba

sakuraba

• Members
  • 1631 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:20 AM

Tufts do 3 workouts legs day. Back and chest day. Delts and arms day. Superset to get a quick pump. Between weights days do cardio days like jiujitsu or muay. thai. And if your thinking of running just do spirits to burn body fat long distance will burn your hard earned muscle. This is a true story as I look amazing.I am also very humble.

#70 Romulus

Romulus

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:34 AM

Ahh I see. It was my first time working out on my chest. Triceps weren't exactly in the best condition. I do like to push my self.
Thanks (:

Found out I can make my right titty (left a lil bit) come up and down like "The Rock". It's not very noticeable hah.

Feel the burn! Ooooorah!

... having said that if it is still sore a week later u will need to lay off that muscle as you may have injured yourself.

If your trying to gain mass you need to be overloading, otherwise you will just tone what you already have. But there is fine line between pushing yourself and hurting yourself.

I injured my rotator cuff a while back and I had to stay out of the gym for almost a month to recover :(

#71 tuftsdude

tuftsdude

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:51 AM

^Not tryna gain mass. Also that suckss.

Four days and it's still burning. I just remembered the day before I done 15x4 pushups then done chest and triceps the next day. Not a smart move.

Will keep what you guys said in mind. Just noticed I needa do some cardio stuff. Forgot about it as my gym buddy isn't doing cardio.

What do you guys recommend for cardio other than treadmill (because asthma)?

@Subtime
I'm not sure my gym has those. Only boxing classes(?).
Still finding my way around the gym, learning new stuff :D

Edited by tuftsdude, 12 December 2013 - 10:52 AM.

#72 sakuraba

sakuraba

• Members
  • 1631 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:53 AM

Same busted my rotator mma training took half this year to start benching properly again. I'd lift heavy around the 6-8 Rep range for mass.hulk smash. Make sure you stack your protein shakes with 5gms is creatine monohydrate and use 1mr if you want a good pre workout to get amped.

Edited by sakuraba, 12 December 2013 - 10:56 AM.

#73 dxbn

dxbn

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:20 AM

^Not tryna gain mass. Also that suckss.

Four days and it's still burning. I just remembered the day before I done 15x4 pushups then done chest and triceps the next day. Not a smart move.

Will keep what you guys said in mind. Just noticed I needa do some cardio stuff. Forgot about it as my gym buddy isn't doing cardio.

What do you guys recommend for cardio other than treadmill (because asthma)?

swimming or jogging are good cardio exercises, just make sure you have your inahler with you. Personally I like to run outdoors since new zealand has great environment to run in.

i used to hit the gym 5 times a week with a solid workout plan mainly to gain mass with a secondary goal to cut. But as I am now working in wellington for the summer I don't have access to a gym (pretty much living out in the middle of nowhere). Currently I am doing different variations of pushups every other day; e.g standard, explosive, decline, etc. mainly to tone as it's hard to gain mass this way. I am planning to start running again soon and throw in some ab and leg days.

#74 dxbn

dxbn

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:27 AM

btw guys bodybuilding.co.nz is doing natural whey + shaker bottle combo for $72, with 5% off using the code dec13. Pretty decent stuff if you want a small protein compliment to your diet. Makes a great post workout shake :)

#75 birdman

birdman

[NZGR]

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4144 posts
  • PSN:quackdog

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:02 PM

The pain you're talking about sounds like DOMS, it's a 'good' pain IMO. Chest and Tris DOMS is a great feeling, Legs not so.

After a decent leg workout (borderline puking in the squat rack) I usually can't walk properly for about 4 days, stairs and going to the bog are the worst activities you can attempt while in this soreness phase.

#76 Deanology

Deanology

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:29 PM

Nice.

I like the chest+arm day-after.

When it is a struggle to shower, haha!

#77 tuftsdude

tuftsdude

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:56 PM

So yesterday I done chest then biceps and triceps.

When I war benching, my arm (Around forearm I think, or whole) felt really weak...I was doing much less than last week. Was struggling to bench really.

Also there's a significant difference between my right and left biceps/triceps wise. Was doing dumbells, 8kg, at 30+ and my left arm couldn't do anymore..my right could still do it easily.

Then I went to do cardio today. Biked there, warmed up body then done:
Stairs machine(fat burner+ setting) - done 550 stairs or so, was sweating heaps.

9 minutes on the treadmill - incline (10), speed (12). Stopped because asthma.

Then rowing.

Took 6 puffs ventolin before session. Ended up sweating much more than I expected. Woo!

#78 birdman

birdman

[NZGR]

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4144 posts
  • PSN:quackdog

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:14 PM

Remember this important phrase "Friends don't let friends skip leg day".

PwH3G.jpg

#79 tuftsdude

tuftsdude

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:26 PM

Ahh yes, I (we) know how important leg day is :D

Luckily, I already have sexy leg muscles!

...nothing to brag about, but still a decent size/cut.

#80 Deanology

Deanology

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:48 PM

I need little work on the ol' legs.

Just enough to keep them maintained.

Although, I cannot put much weight on the legs - as the foot is still a bit sore under load.

Did some chest/back/shoulders today, easy on the shoulders and back.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: workout, gym, exercise, health, wellbeing, motivation, diet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users