Hail Xenu!

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 9413 posts
  • Steam ID:BanalityDUFF

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:36 PM

a part of one of those motivitationals is take from:

here's a great workout song by the same guy

if you don't know him, stick.man is one half of Dead Prez (a great rap-duo).

#42 Romulus

Romulus

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:55 PM

Need to go back to gym, running and boxing ... put on 3kg over my holiday. Too much chicken and ribs!

#43 emetic

emetic

felis fortuna adiuvat

• Members
  • 5200 posts
  • Steam ID:highwaygothic

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:54 AM

Hey so yeh I'm in this thread now. I was never interested in workout stuff but I recently hurt my shoulder and have come to the realisation that I need to muscle up a bit in the hope of it not occurring again. Lame.
So yeh I bought a couple of dumbbells and have been doing tje basic arm and shoulder things for a couple of days. Pretty exciting, got some decent DOMS going on (but I've not really been stretching or warming down, that's probably why) so maybe some massive gains are on their way. I'll be aiming for strength and health with minimum mass gain, but I don't know how feasible that is.
I can't really get a barbell for home and find gyms distasteful though, so I'm kind of stuck at the super basics atm.

That thing about hitting the bag sounds great! 3 minutes is a long time, but yeh. ... again kinda stuck with having to go out gymming to use all the good equipment.

#44 emetic

emetic

felis fortuna adiuvat

• Members
  • 5200 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:59 AM

Oh yah also I got on the 100 pushups thing a few years back. It was going really well up to a point of about 30 or 40 where I found I had to actually warm up or I'd get sore while doing them... then I just kind of dropped off :( never made the real century. Also it was tempting to do crappy little pushups.

I shall get back to it sometime soon when my shoulder is better, I think. :)

#45 Ron

Ron

Just working hard...

• Admin
  • 9115 posts
  • PSN:NZGamer dot com
  • Wii:What's a Wii?
  • Xbox Live:NZGamer dot com

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:12 AM

Wow, how did I miss this thread!

Currently doing rehab for my shoulder and hip (yeah, turning into a oldman - haha).

Then gonna jump back into weight training, cardio and b-ball in the next 3-4 weeks.

Jumped back into weight training. 

Hurt my back and then was off for 2 1/2 months till 2 weeks ago. 

4 times a week at the gym at the moment (1 x Upper Body, 1 x Lower, 2 x Core sessions) + 1 Cardio with Turbo Touch on Sundays for 45 mins.

The core workout is this series of exercises:

1)    30 Crunches

2)    20 Bicycle crunches

3)    30 Toe touches

4)    20 Reverse crunches

5)    15 Side plank hip lifts ®

6)    30 Crunches

7)    15 Side plank hip lifts (L)

8)    40 Russian twists

9)    30 Bicycle crunches

10) 15 Window Wipers - these are extremely hard and I can only do 5-7

11) 20 Reverse crunches

12) 15 Window Wipers- these are extremely hard and I can only do 5-7

13) 10 Leg lifts

#46 emetic

emetic

felis fortuna adiuvat

• Members
  • 5200 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:26 PM

ab killer :stun:

#47 Original_Noob

Original_Noob

истинную элиту

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Bronze VIP

• Members
  • 1708 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:36 PM

I've been trying to improve my cardio endurance because I breathe like a pack-a-day smoker after a quick run. I've been doing 400m laps in 1 min 20 a few times a day and it almost kills me. I can do 50 press ups, 60+ sit ups and 22-30 pull-ups/chin-ups all consecutively, but running is a nightmare. Especially up hills! :thumbsdown_original: My shins aren't getting as sore as they used to, but the sides of my calves are getting tight as rocks when I run, which is painful as sht that I sometimes quit. I went into Athlete's Foot and tried to explain it but the shoes they suggested felt even worse than my Nike's (and the support sole didn't help align my feet at all)...

#48 supermario

supermario

Hail Xenu!

• Members
  • 9413 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:48 PM

I'll be aiming for strength and health with minimum mass gain, but I don't know how feasible that is.

as long as you don't keep increasing the amount of weights you are doing you shouldn't see a huge difference in muscle gain.

still trucking along with the press-ups. mostly kills me. haha. i'm not sure if i'm going to build up the strength/endurance at a fast enough pace to keep progressing properly but will see what happens. 

i'm mostly enjoying it because it makes me tired enough that i reward myself with a beer afterward.  :ph34r:

#49 birdman

birdman

[NZGR]

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4063 posts
  • PSN:quackdog

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:35 PM

CT Fletcher - love his motivational videos:

#50 Deanology

Deanology
  • PSN:Yes

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:01 PM

I haven't been to the gym in the last week.

Bad boy.

Picked up a niggly hamstring injury, so I have been low-key.

Recovery is on the go atm.

#51 Original_Noob

Original_Noob

истинную элиту

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Bronze VIP

• Members
  • 1708 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:14 PM

Weather has been way too crap to do anything.. :angry2:

#52 emetic

emetic

felis fortuna adiuvat

• Members
  • 5200 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:25 PM

I'll be aiming for strength and health with minimum mass gain, but I don't know how feasible that is.

as long as you don't keep increasing the amount of weights you are doing you shouldn't see a huge difference in muscle gain.

still trucking along with the press-ups. mostly kills me. haha. i'm not sure if i'm going to build up the strength/endurance at a fast enough pace to keep progressing properly but will see what happens. 

i'm mostly enjoying it because it makes me tired enough that i reward myself with a beer afterward.  :ph34r:

Thanks, sounds good. I'll keep at that... except I'm stuck in recovery mode with my shoulder atm too, lol. It just isn't feeling better. :-(

The thing with that 100 press-ups scheme is that when you get to the point where you can't complete your sets assigned, you just have to repeat the previous week's amounts. This is kind of demotivational, I reckon, but it has to be done... You'll get there eventually if you stick to the schedule though! I guess.

Noob, about the jogging: do warm ups. Always do warm ups. I got killer joint pains a few weeks after I started taking up jogging and it took ages to work out it was just from not warming up. Does that help?

I'm in the opposite boat to you: I can jog 10+km but have minimal strength. I can do 10 pull ups, maybe 30 push ups at best, though sit ups aren't too hard.

#53 birdman

birdman

[NZGR]

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4063 posts
  • PSN:quackdog

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:18 PM

Weather has been way too crap to do anything.. :angry2:

Treadmill and rower in the garage for the win!

#54 D3nnycrane

D3nnycrane

Seriously the worst poster on the internet

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:58 PM

Further to this - unless you are eating like a horse you're not gonna bulk up. You're not gonna get huge on a 3000-cal average working diet.

Just my 1.99c

#55 emetic

emetic

felis fortuna adiuvat

• Members
  • 5200 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:08 PM

Great :D thanks.

My physio forbade me from doing anything strenuous for now anyway.
I can still do leg stuff and ride my bike... but I am feeling unmotivated and unfit. Lol.

How do you guys and ladies motivate yourselves to work out?

#56 dxbn

dxbn
  • Steam ID:dxbn
  • Xbox Live:dxbn

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:26 PM

for me working out has become a routine in my life and i feel bad skipping a session, sorta like a drug. When you look in the mirror and found yourself looking good, that, is quite the motivation.

#57 Deanology

Deanology
  • PSN:Yes

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:51 PM

I find the fitter you get the easier it becomes.

#58 supermario

supermario

Hail Xenu!

• Members
  • 9413 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:45 AM

i figure this is our go-to random health/fitness thread.

so i'm very light, always have being, and have decided to bulk up a bit. i'm vegan so protein shakes/meat (you know, the easy ways to stack on weight) and such as a no-go.

today is my first day of just smashing lots of food. i'm not really looking forward to it. haha.

currently weigh about 60kg, would be happy getting to 65 or 70 (which seems like a crazy number to me!)

i will post about my new life as a fatty, if i somehow manage to get fat, and by fat i just mean bigger. i'm quite active which i think keeps my weight down and so not sure how long it will take me to put on any reasonable amount of weight (although i'm pretty much doubling my food intake and that extra food is largely protein (lentils, legumes, quinoa, nuts, seeds, and such).

keeping track of my weight daily on the wii-u, i look forward to sliding through my daily pics as my chins evolve (seriously the worst new feature of wii-fit-u is the daily picture, although you can choose to not take it, i guess).

#59 Romulus

Romulus

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:35 AM

for me working out has become a routine in my life and i feel bad skipping a session, sorta like a drug. When you look in the mirror and found yourself looking good, that, is quite the motivation.

I like to run and hit the gym at lunch time. Gives you a break from work and chance to recharge.

#60 sakuraba

sakuraba

I know what you did last summer

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1517 posts
  • PSN:subtime
  • Xbox Live:subtime

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:06 PM

Wide grip chins all day baby

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: workout, gym, exercise, health, wellbeing, motivation, diet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users